The Stardust Series 257 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 22 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 22

Someone needs to make a mod based off Stardust.

Modding in new abilities, models, and such are insanely difficult with XCOM. It is a decidedly unfriendly game in terms making mods.

Would still be a somewhat bad ass mod.

Arad
Group Admin

While I agree with the topic creator (because I think it would be awesome), I also have to agree with Arzoo. :(

It would be easier to make a game from the base up than to mod another one that doesn't support that kinda modding

Just because it's horrifically difficult doesn't mean it doesn't need to happen. I believe that we can get it done before this decade is out.

While it is possible with the current assets, I don't think we have the expertise or the dedication to pull it off. Take a look at the Long War mod. They have an entire team working on it for 2 years and its still quite buggy.

Would be awesome to see this, but sadly not feasible. Also, pretty sure Hasbro would crack down on it hard like they did with "Fighting is Magic" since ponies killing and being killed by murderous aliens from beyond our system wouldn't line up with their "kid friendly" image.

4147073 I'm not saying it wouldnt be horribly difficult, im just saying it would be awesome.

If that were the case, the pony mods for Team Fortress 2 would have been taken down long ago.
XCOM is a niche game for a niche audience and Hasbro would be wasting resources to be going around screwing with it.

War Thunder actually did a straight pony mod (officially) for an April Fool's Day "prank". Hasbro let that happen. If they tried to C&D the mod, the would have to prove that it would damage their brand. That would be rather hard to do. The mod would automatically only be able to reach a small audience, and unless the mod was sold for money, they couldn't claim that it hit their bottom line. The issue with Fighting is Magic was that it became huge and it could have substantially "hurt" the brand (add on that they also kinda had to as if they didn't challenge it, they'd have a harder time defending the IP down the line from a more serious infraction [though there were better paths that they could have taken]).

Well, Long War added in some new enemy types (GIANT CHRYSSALIDS), so we could try that route, right? Adding Vide to the EXALT HQ mission would be a good start. What class do you think he'd be?

The giant chryssalids are not new models. They're the old model scaled really big.

4147680 Never said they were. All Vide would need is a little retexturing, and possibly some boosted stats.

The hardest part, I fear, would be creating a mod that would give the soldiers and staff personalities. The best part of Stardust is the wonderful characters.

And then getting them horribly murdered.

Either way t'would be most awesome to see happen:trixieshiftleft:.

Of course, to really do it right each race would need a perk or two...

Earth ponies might get Extra Conditioning and/or steadfast for free, Pegasi get to fly like floaters, and Unicorns would get some of the psi perks

4147087 4147062 4147724 4147216
Well I have a potential solution (maybe? :rainbowhuh:)or a potential dissaster :twilightblush:
Exist a game call Xenonauts that's :

Xenonauts is a spiritual successor to the classic X-Com strategy games from the 1990s

kinda like a X-com( the original) game that don't use so much PC power but more important, it was created with Mods in mind, sadly you have to trade 3D grafics for 2D and no cinematic videos (and no character dialog at all that I can see) :pinkiesad2: but it's more feasible do the requiered thing sugested above.
But who could do it?:fluttershysad:

4167588 I mean that could work but what I had in mind was a mod for 2012 XCOM

4174981 I know, I was just suggesting this one because because is more easy to mod, just make it seem more like 2012 XCOM and add STARDUST elements, sorry if not the solution that you were waiting :fluttershysad:

4177867 Its fine. That would be a cool starting spot though.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 22