The Goodfic Bin 1,252 members · 1,284 stories
Comments ( 71 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 71
BikerPon3
Group Admin

Admin nerd mode engaged:

These are optional cards you can stick on your profile to show support for TGB.

Bonus points for those who make it link to the group. :raritywink:

The Cynical Brony
Group Contributor

4207596 How do I make picture links?

The Cynical Brony
Group Contributor

4207596 Also, may I ask how one becomes a contributor?

BikerPon3
Group Admin

4207626 Just like a normal link, but instead of text—you put the image URL (with the image brackets) into the "link text" field.

As for being a contributor, it's simple: find a good story, then PM an admin with reasons why you would add that story to the Contributor Picks folder. :twilightsmile:

Done! I even added a link, and I did it all from my phone. :pinkiecrazy:

Unfortunately, because I did it from my phone, it is stuck on the bottom of my page until I can access a computer... :ajsleepy:

Edit: I have now managed to move it up a bit.

Regis-Th3-Lesser
Group Contributor

*nerdy voice* this is going on my wall

I understand, due to my lack of a computer I have to do everything from my phone

Regis-Th3-Lesser
Group Contributor

I just did it, check out my user page if you want.

BikerPon3
Group Admin

4207708 You forgot to image link! :twilightangry2:

...but you've got a text link underneath it so I guess it's okay. :raritywink:

Regis-Th3-Lesser
Group Contributor

:rainbowderp: I thought I had to link the group:rainbowlaugh:

BikerPon3
Group Admin

4207719 You don't have to. I meant making the actual image a link to the group. :twilightsmile:

JimboTex
Group Contributor

Done and done. :twilightsmile:

The Cynical Brony
Group Contributor

4207596 ... And linked! :D

4207596 I am a member at least! :D

Elric of Melnipony
Group Contributor

That reminds me -- I still need to update my list of groups I'm an admin in...

4207853 ADMIN ALL OF THE GROUPS! :facehoof:

Badges Membership cards? We don't need no stinking badges membership cards!

Charles Spratt
Group Admin

4207596 My Card is set up, linked, and ready to be viewed! (My shameless promotion for the group is completed!)

HapHazred
Group Admin

Some of us are so hardcore they've stuck it on their avatar. Heh.

Edit: I have forgone my hardcoreness and changed my avatar, lel.

4207596 im new and idk what to do I just joined today

I still need to wait and see if I get in before I can nab a card. :pinkiesad2:

HapHazred
Group Admin

4296932 A member is (if I'm not much mistaken: these subtleties are often lost on me) someone who's part of the group. A contributor is someone who has been made an official contributor and provides stories for the contributor's picks folder. I think there's a procedure for that on the front page.

The admin one is self explanatory.

Just having a story in there doesn't make you a contrib, but that doesn't mean you can't ask to be one. It's less about getting your story in there and more about providing stories other people have done, I guess.

4207670 That about right?

BikerPon3
Group Admin

4296798 Could you be more specific? :rainbowderp:

4296932 What Hap said. :pinkiesmile:

4297139 Certainly is. :moustache:

HapHazred
Group Admin

4296798 If you have a story to submit, submit using proper procedure detailed in places across the group including the main page and threads. Otherwise enjoy our libraries, folders, and general sense of camaraderie.

HapHazred
Group Admin

4297383 That's fine, same here. Have fun.

No, you don't need to wait to grab the "Member" card. I'm a member here, yet I don't have any stories in this group yet (nevermind the fact that I don't even have any stories yet). I still have the regular "Member" badge attached to my profile page.

As long as you've joined this group, you're automatically a member. :twilightsmile:

4298368 Ohhhhhhh! Well, I need to figure out how to post these card things then. :twilightblush: Anyone know how to do it on Firefox?

I'll try to explain, then.

First, you need to copy the url to the image. You can usually get that by right-clicking and opening the image up in a new tab. I'll save you that part and just give you the "Member" card url: http://i.imgur.com/RVCFHzx.jpg

To post it to your profile, you need to go to your page and click on "edit profile." In the "Available Modules" thing that drops down, click on "Custom Box." It should be added to the bottom of your page. Click that box's edit button, the green one with a pencil icon, then click on the "Insert Image" icon in the effects bar. Paste the image url into the window that pops up and click on add image, then click save for the custom box, and then click on "Save Module Layout," which appeared under the "Available Modules" area. You now have the Membership Card attached to your user page. :scootangel:

Two notes I should mention:
1.) You can move the modules around your profile by dragging them with your mouse.
2.) If you want the image to turn into a link for the group, just use the "Add Link" icon and put the groups url into the top part of the window that pops up, then put the code for the image into the bottom part. Or you could just copy/paste the following code and remove the asterisks to save you some trouble. :derpytongue2:

[*url=http*://www.fimfiction.net/group/206510/the-goodfic-bin][*img]http*://i.imgur.com/RVCFHzx.jpg

4298477 Thankie! Or as we say at my work, "thank you very muchos tacos." :rainbowkiss:

Glad I could help a little. :pinkiesmile:

I'm just gonna sit here, and try to figure out how to do this on a Tablet........
I'll do it in the morning.

Do I have to use the "Royal Canterlot Voice" to reply here?

BikerPon3
Group Admin

4376187 You can if you want albino pinkie pegasus. :raritywink:

HapHazred
Group Admin

4412191 Well, here's another picture for you.

Complete with a handy URL.

https://i.imgur.com/RVCFHzx.jpg

4412288 still not working i'll check it out soon, once it does work

HapHazred
Group Admin

4412296 That's why I sent you a URL. Click it, and you shall be transported to a realm beyond mortal understanding.

If that doesn't work, that's some problem with your computer. I see it clear as the nose on my face.

4207596 Well might as well put the Members card on my profile :twilightsmile: Also, out of curiosity, are you still accepting reviewers or something? I'm only asking cause I'm curious...

BikerPon3
Group Admin

4910185 Yes, I believe we are. :twistnerd:

Speak to 4412308 , and he'll more than likely ask you to review something in order to assess your ability.

4910978 Except for the fact that I've written five reviews already in a different group... but getting 4412308 response, eh sure why not? Better safe then sorry... :raritywink:

HapHazred
Group Admin

4910980 If you want me to check you out for story approver status, send me a PM. I'll probably check stuff you've already reviewed (that's almost always an absolute requirement) and maybe get you to review something I've read if I'm unconvinced. That said, I do take the matter somewhat seriously, and I only accept people I have a high degree of confidence in. After all, you wouldn't want to endorse someone you don't trust to speak for what a group you represent wants in their folders.

But no harm in asking!

4207596 The pictures are no longer showing; could you fix this, please?

Embedded images from Imgur haven't been working properly here on Fimfiction for the past couple days... You can see them if you're linked to the image, but not if the image is embedded by the "Add Picture" icon... :unsuresweetie:

BikerPon3
Group Admin

Hmm... Looks like the problem is on FiMFiction's end, as everything is working fine on imgur.

Guess we'll just have to wait for Knighty to fix his broken website. Again.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 71