The Goodfic Bin 1,252 members · 1,284 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
HapHazred
Group Admin

Hello! First thing's first, introductions.

I'm HapHazred, a contributor on this group, an admin of two other groups, engineering student, and other things. This is a thread I'm dedicating to stories that I submit to this group as a contributor, explaining why I think they're good as opposed to 'okay'.

Quick clarification: just because I submit my stories as contributions doesn't guarantee they'll be accepted, but it does mean I believe they should. I won't generally compliment a story for grammar and writing here, since usually that's a given. If for some reason I do, it'll be an exception, and I will point that out.

All the stories I post here I would recommend. So, let's get started.

I will typically do these in groups of four, as I post these in blog posts as well, where I also post them in groups of four. Enjoy.

HapHazred
Group Admin

1: Why I Love You by Minty Joy: This is a very short one-shot that any AppleDasher (like myself) would enjoy. It tackles an area not that many romance stories handle: after the relationship begins, and things start getting difficult. I admit I'm not exactly experienced in that area, but it still makes for a slightly out-of-the-ordinary story. It's also particularly hearwarming. Short or no, it's five minutes worth of reading that you won't regret.

2: Quizzical by JMac: this is a story about a particularly endearing filly on her way towards social acceptance. It disposes with a lot of frankly annoying tropes like the main antagonist being a bully (although Diamond Tiara does make an appearance) and the whole world being stacked against the protagonist. and Instead, the whole world is trying to help Quizzical, and it's her own mentality that's holding her back. It's fun, interesting, and has just enough headcanon to keep you thinking throughout the story.

3: Shooting For Friendship by Verbose Mode: this is a very fun story featuring the Equestria Girls and Sunset Shimmer bond through airsoft. Instead of being a random, incomprehensible 'ooh the EG play airsoft lel' Verbose actually treats the subject quite seriously, and in turn, so do I. From personal experience, I know that it's ridiculously easy to make friends with people you hurt (consensually, of course: I do a martial art) and I think VB does a great job of keeping everyone in character and the story interesting even once the surprise of the premise wears off.

4: Just Like Her by Bad Seed 72: this is a perfect one-shot that features a very enjoyable moral, and despite being a serious slice of life, it's, well, taken very seriously. There's a lot to like here, and as a one-shot fan, this story is perfectly suited to what a one-shot should be.

HapHazred
Group Admin

4099240 I imagine. You stay classy!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4