The Skeptics’ Guide to Equestria 60 members · 79 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Walabio
Group Admin

The 💀 deaths ☠️ of these idiots does not bother me because they do it to themselves by refusing to wear masks 😷 and get 💉 vaccinated, but the hundreds of thousand these morons murder by overwhelming the hospitals 🏥:

Just yesterday, I read a sad story about a woman 👩 with cancer dying because the hospitals 🏥 were full; so now, she could not get the surgery, ☢️ radiation-therapy, and chemotherapy she needed. If I could have, I would have disconnected an antivaccer on a ventilator, watch the antivaccer die like a 🐠 fish 🐟 out of 💦 water 💧 over the course of 5-10 minutes, and 🛌 sleep 😴 very well that night knowing that I saved a worthy cancer-patient from an antivaccing QAnonCultist by liberating an ICUBed.

If antivaccers are against respirator-masks 😷 and 💉 vaccine-needles, the should be against Oxygen-Masks 😷 and I. V. - Needles 🪡. We should refuse them healthcare.

Healthcare should only be for the masking vaccinated. If they complain, we should point out that they decided to reject masks 😷 and needles 💉 and now must live or die with their decisions . They made their 🛌 beds 🛏 and now, they must go 🏡 home 🏠 and die in them. This way, the antivaccers will kill only themselves — ¡not innocent 😇 vaccinated 💉 😷 masking people!

Walabio
Group Admin

So now, in Mexico, ¿do you have antimasking antivaccers Insisting on OxygenMasks, And IVs? I am all for no backsies:

"You decided that you do not want masks on you face and needles in your skin; so now, you must die with your choice."

I am all for refusing hospitalization to antivaccers instead of murdering the vaccinated needing those hospital beds.

NachoTheBrony
Group Admin

Well, here in Mexico the president is a near illiterate agitator who only cares about his image, so he keeps minimizing everything and burying under mountains of bullshit the fact that Mexico is the fourth highest country on deaths and up there on deaths per capita.
The only good thing is that Mexico has a very solid vaccination culture, so everybody is getting vaccinated as vaccines slowly become available. Rather than antivaccers, we get Astra Zeneca memes.
https://www.eluniversalpuebla.com.mx/viral/con-memes-reciben-los-efectos-secundarios-de-la-vacuna-astrazeneca?amp

Walabio
Group Admin

Yeah, I know how bad it is to have a populist illiterate leader. We had such a leader at the beginning of this year. It is good that you live in a provaccine country. In this country, about ⅓ of the population joined the QAnonCult:

The Grape-Flavored Flavorade of the QAnonCultists is refusal to both wear masks and vaccinate. That is because their leader, the aforementioned illiterate president, did not want anything distracting voters from the wonderful economy which he definitely did not inherit from the previous president. This shows in the death-statistics:

starting inMay, he had enough vaccine to vaccinate any adult who wants vaccination. In a rational world, all unvaccinated adults would have gotten their 1st does in May and their 2nd dose in June. By July, 100% of adults should have been fully vaccinated. Instead, over ⅓ of adults received 0 doses. Over 90% of those adults are QAnonCultists.

Deaths peaked in the USA on January with 4 thousand daily deaths. since July, the deathrate is 2 thousand deaths per day, but over 90% of those deaths are from QAnonCultists. If we could get all over 12-years old vaccinated, the reproduction number of SARS-CoV-2 would be well below 1 and the disease would die out in the USA. By the 1st of July, we could have beed CoViD-19-free. I have an interesting site for you:

¡ Sorry AntiVaxxer !

This a site listing Americans who are publicly opposing both masking and vaccination who died after the 1st of July. Over 90% of the dead listed there are QAnonCultists. The QAnonCult is a DeathCult.

NachoTheBrony
Group Admin

Well, it certainly seems that QAnon deserves a collective Darwin Award.

Walabio
Group Admin

Unfortunately, scores of millions of them live.

Long CoViD is no joke. I read about this case of long CoViD where the low oxygen caused so much brain-damage that the patient believes that he won an election whom he lost by over 7 million votes and continues to be antimask and antivaxx. ¡His brain must be like Swiß Cheese!*

* English has many words with double "S"s I believe that it should use ß. None agree with me. I also support inverted punctuation from your language:

¿Is not inverted punctuation a good idea? ¡We should use it! ⸘Why would anyone oppose its use‽

I did manage to talk Bad Dragon into using the Interrobang, but only at the end of words.

If you could improve Castellano, ¿what would you change?

I wish that everyppony would speak Esperanto. ¿Ĉu vi scipovas paroli la lingvon internacian Esperanto? Mi skribas Esperante esperante ke vi povu kompreni min.

The last sentence translates to "I write Esperantically hoping that you should understand me. You might notice that "Esperante" means "Esperantically" while "esperante" means "hoping". This is word play:

Doctor Zamenhof (he was an Opthamologist) was very modest. He published "Lingvo Internacia" under the pseudonym "Esperanto" (Hoper or one who hopes). The 1st Esperantists wanted to name the language after the creator, but they did not know who that is. They called it "Esperanto" because that is all that they had. By the time they discovered that Doctor Zamenhof created Esperanto, it was too late and the name Esperanto stuck.

The sentence above is wordplay. "Esperante" is the adverbial form of Esperanto. "esperante" is the adverb meaning "while-hoping". That is how "Mi skribas Esperante esperante ke vi povu kompreni min." can mean "I write Esperantically while-hoping that you should understand me.".

NachoTheBrony
Group Admin

I like English in so far that it has a simpler grammar, thus you can communicate with less learning. Nonetheless, I do appreciate the potential for information density in Spanish, though: "Comunícaselos" would translate into "you must transmit (information) (you have) to them."

Walabio
Group Admin

Extremely simple grammar leads of wordy ambiguous sentences. Complicated grammar leads to concise sentences, but is harder to learn. Esperanto has 0nly 16 grammatical rules but they are well chosen. This example shows how concise Esperanto can be:

"Tiu silentadus eĉ pafute."

"That one would continuously be silent even if one would shoot that one."

"tiu" (that one) "silentadus" (would continue to be silent) "eĉ" (even) pafute" one would shoot that one).

One can save 1 word because Esperanto has stative verbs:

Rather than something "Something is adjective." like "It is blue.", one creates a verb from the adjective, "Something adjectives." "It blues."

That saves a word but it does not do the heavy lifting here:

The verb "silentadus" is a stative verb meaning "would continue to be silent". Esperanto is an agglutinative language. roots snap together like LegoBricks.

"Silenta" is adjective "silent".

"ad" means repeated continuing action.

"us" is the verbal ending meaning "hypothetical" which in English is the auxiliary verb "would", the conditional mood.

"eĉ" is the adverbial particle "even".

"pafute" is an adverb. It means while would being shot":

"pafi" is the verb "to shoot".

"ut" is the passive conditional participle. "would be".

"e" means adverb".

"pafute" means "while-would-be-shot".

"Tiu silentadus eĉ pafute." means "That one would continue to be silent even while-would-be-shot."

16 well chosen grammatical rules lead to dense concise sentences. This counters the the criticism that Esperanto is 2-syllabalic:

All nouns in in "o", adjectives in "a", infinitive verbs in "i", and adverbs in "e", but the grammatical rules allow much trimming of words, while making the meaning much more precise.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9