Walabio
Group Admin

¡ :yay: !

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7577790 So, you're saying that you intend to influence influenza? :rainbowwild:

Walabio
Group Admin

Indeed. Influenza comes for the Italian for "Influence" as in influence of the stars. Italy had many epidemics of Influenza with a case-fatality rate of over 1%, with a few with a case-fatality-rate of over 10% in the Middle Ages.

You are a complete cipher. I wonder whether you are Italian, or maybe just lived there for a short period in the 1990s. I suppose that I shall never know.

The Influenza-Vaccine should hopefully influence the influenza not to infect me. In the 1919-Influenza Pandemic, children in English speaking countries sang the song:

"I once had a bird."
"Her name was Enza"
"I opened the window,…"
"…, and in flew Enza."

I hope that you should get all of your vaccinations soon.

Whoever designed the Vaccine-Cards for the SARS-CoV-2-Vaccine in the USA, did not think them out well; they do not fit in wallets well:

When I fished out my vaccination-card, it was badly damaged from tumling loose. The staff had to create a new vaccine-card. I bought protector for it. It should have been a standard size such as A8 of ISO-216 with a grammage of 300 GSM which would fit in a standard wallet. ¿What is the point of having standards if we do not use them?

Oh yeah, I also donated blood Tuesday.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7577854 Love the song.

My cards are also damaged. I forgot it on the second shot and they made me an extra one. I have to show 2 cards now. It doesn't even matter though, since it doesn't even count anymore because people were contradicting them. Officially, you have to show the code on your cellphone that is tied to your identity.

Walabio
Group Admin

I am glad that you like the song.

The Vaccination/ID-System in the USA is screwed up:

1 of the political parties in the USA wants to require ID for voting but opposes universal ID, thus forcing people to spend money on Identification, thus making it harder for those not voting Republican to vote. This is wrong in so many ways. This is what I would do:

I would give, free-to-the-recipient, Universal Identification-Cards/Applications. The cards would be a smart A8-Sized PhotoIDCard with all of the latest bells and whistles. We would also have an Apple for smartphones. These would be used for all of the interactions with the government (Identification, Driving Licence, Vaccination-Records, Library-Card, Voting, et cetera). We have the technology and others countries have started down that road. As it is, the only card _*MOST*_ have is the Social-Security Card, which is just number used for tracking contributions for retirement:

It is a good thing that I discovered that my Vaccine-Card (these cards are as well thought out as Social-Security Cards) was worn to uselessness and got a new card, because California figured out the the antivaccers will will keep the Pandemic going indefinitely; so now, will henceforth require prof of vaccination to do things like eat in restaurants, go bowling, et cetera next year. It will have an app, but let us suppose that my battery is dead. I could have discovered that the card ablated away when asked to present it.

These cards are even easier to forge than Social-Security Cards. They only require xerography, which is how they are made. Whoever designed these cards did not bother with standards and put in 0 effort. They were invented in less than a day in November in the Trump-WhiteHouse; so now, that makes total sense.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7577870 We should just chip everyhuman. It works for dogs.

Walabio
Group Admin
Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7577894 We'd solve half of humanity's problems by simply not complicating things anymore.

Walabio
Group Admin

Unfortunately, people would not cooperate with chipping:

We have RFIDChips capable of storing a megabytes of encrypted arbitrary information, and doing 512-bit SHA-3 hashes. The chip could have a random number of 1 kilobyte encrypted on it. That is 8192 random encrypted bits. This would make authentication easy and secure:

1. Encrypt the following exchange.
  2. One gives the chip a 1 kilobyte-long random salt, which is never reused, to the chip.
  3. The chip multiplies the salt times its random number.
  4. It hashes the 16384-bits using SHA-3.
  5. The chip gives a 512-bit hash.

To spoof someone else, an attacker would have to crack the encryption for both the random number on the chip and the encryption for the handshake. Good luck with that. Knowing the random salt used just once would not help.

As it is, pet-chips can already contain more data than just the 128-bit IDNumber. This can cause security-concerns:

A Cat-Scan can spread viruses.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7578075 We could basically eliminate all fraud and identity theft. Sure, there might be some minor issues, there always are. But most things are solvable.

We wouldn't even need keys anymore. We wouldn't need motion sensors anymore. We wouldn't need money. We wouldn't need bank accounts or security cards.

Maybe after we produce a system to vaccinate everyone, we can use the same system to chip everyone.

Walabio
Group Admin

We can inject chips with vaccines.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7578129 No, people should take it and like it. I'm not okay with them not liking it. We should make them like it.

Walabio
Group Admin

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

7578249 Until they like it.

Walabio
Group Admin
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15