The Skeptics’ Guide to Equestria 60 members · 79 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

I see that we have three folders: Skeptical Stories, Stories about Skepticism, and Stories about Skeptics. But what distinguishes a "skeptical story" from a "story about skepticism"?

Walabio
Group Admin

That is a good question:

When I created the folders, I figured that it would be good to have a folder for stories which are not about skepticism, but with a skeptical bent. I shall give an example:

> “Diamond Tiara bullies Snails by stating that only icky colts poop. She claims that fillies never do something so disgusting. Although Snails is slow, he doubts Diamond Tiara”

This hypothetical story is not about skepticism, but is skeptical.

A story about skepticism might have characters weighing claims.

A story about skeptics, might have a skeptic rejecting claims without supporting evidence.

These categories are not mutually exclusive. One can place a story in as many or as few folders as apply. One can also suggest new folders and subfolders on the Forum.

This is such a good question that I shall make this thread a sticky so that it always floats at the top of the Forum.

NachoTheBrony
Group Admin

I see that we have three folders: Skeptical Stories, Stories about Skepticism, and Stories about Skeptics. But what distinguishes a "skeptical story" from a "story about skepticism"?

I believe a better question is: why has a single user (me) posted 32 of the 34 stories on this group's folder structure?

Walabio
Group Admin

I believe a better question is: why has a single user (me) posted 32 of the 34 stories on this group's folder structure?

You are just better than everypony else. :facehoof:

Seriously, I considered adding my favorite stories about skepticism, but decided against it because I felt it would be better to let the group members for community-building. Also, the 1st 2 threads in the forum, this being 1 of them, sprang forth from the members. I do not know why Ether Echoes who founded the group with me did not create threads and add stories, as my deliberately not doing so was solely my decision.

As for why you personally added 16/17ths of the stories, I do not know. Any member can add stories to the folders and I shall create new folders and subfolders upon request.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4