Bronies With Blades 150 members · 41 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

I don't know, I was bored and thought I'd ramble about a series I love, namely Mega Man, namely the fact that despite it being in the year 20XX, and having advanced technology such as plasma cannons there's still a fair number of robot's that are equipped with blade type weapons, or battle chips that give blades, heck ProtoMan.EXE is a swordsman plain and simple

Your arch-rival in a series all about computer programs mainly uses a sword and shield.

Anyway though, first blade for Mega Man was Metal Man's Metal Blade from Mega Man 2

It's basically a throw able saw blade that breaks the game, it uses next to no energy as well as being able to attack in eight directions, kicker? Weakest boss in history gives it to you.

In Mega Man 3, you get the Shadow Blade

Yes, it's a shuriken, don't cut hairs I'm just calling it what it's called in the game, also you get it from Shadow Man who is a freaking alien ninja robot

Also, he actually has a katana in the Mega Mix

There was also the... unfortunate DOS game, which had a Blade Man (I say a for reasons you'll see later) who gives you the Blade Launcher... now let's pretend I never mentioned the DOS game again.

Mega Man 6 had a few weapons that could be called blades, it had the Silver Tomahawk from Tomahawk Man

As well as Yamato Man's Yamato Spear

Mega Man 8 straight up had Sword Man

Who gave you the Flame Sword (sorry, but there is not a good picture of this).

Then 10 gave us (A REAL) Blade Man

Whose weapon is the Triple Blade

A final one from the classic series (that I know of) is Mega Man and Bass' Tengu Blade.

Anyway, then there was X, which had Zero, and his Z-Saber

Zero kept the Z-Saber in his own Zero series, as well as it going on to become a battle chip in the Battlenetwork series

Then as already stated ProtoMan.EXE is a swordsman, and there's a lot of sword type battle chips, which though basic are some core staples in any good chip folder.

So yeah, Mega Man, a series set in the distant future of... well six years ago because it was originally 200X, changing it to 20XX after the year 2000 came around, yet blade type weapons are still in use.

Be they in computers, or in the hands of robots.

I hope this list of blades in the Mega Man series has been enlightening to you all, at the very least, it gave me something to do for about forty-five minutes.

4070766 Ah, jeez. Metal Man, this useless shit. Hold the controller upside down and close your eyes for thirty seconds and he'll drop dead like a giant metal fly.

But he's got a cool theme, though.

Yeah, worst boss in history, but best weapon.

The dude's weak to his own weapon, literally, two hits from it and he's gone.

Why are all the jokes about Bubble Man again?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3