FiMFiction's Olympus 108 members · 168 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
HapHazred
Group Admin

As of today, how the folders work is a bit different.

It has come to my attention that one of the authors who submits stories regularly is capable of consistently delivering stories that are well above the standard that I'm looking for. It is for this reason that I've modified (with permission, of course) how the Olympus Folder works.

To allow authors who I'm confident will consistently deliver quality stories to post in the library directly, I've opened the library up to contributors as well.

However: we already have a handful of contributors, and despite being upstanding individuals, I am not convinced that this standard can be consistently upheld. Ergo, I am asking all existing contributors to not post their stories into the library directly, but instead post through the submissions folder. If I (or, in the far future, any other reviewers I will have hired/trained/conned into helping) decide that anyone can regularly post stories that deserve to be in the library, we will then give permission for these contributors to do as they will.

I understand this is rather complicated... almost unnecessarily so.

The reason I'm operating this way is because I don't want to remove contributorship (which strikes me as an incredibly bitchy move, especially since some/all of the contributors were chosen based on real merit). Nor do I want to have to make everyone who shows that they can write good stories admins (I am highly paranoid) and I certainly don't want to have to make a third folder, which will, in my opinion, overcomplicate the system.

However, I can't justify letting stories that don't meet the standard I'm looking for in either, because that takes away credibility to the stories that do meet this standard.

So, bottom line is: Unless I've told you so don't post stories into the library. I don't want to have to remove anyone's contributorship over this, and frankly, I don't think I'll have to, since I'm familiar with most of you and you're sensible people. I will tell you if I'm certain I want to give you permission to post stories into the folder. If this seems arbitrary, I assure you, it isn't meant to be. I'm just trying to keep everything running smoothly.

(^^tl;dr, right?^^)

keam
Group Contributor

don't want to remove contributorship (which strikes me as an incredibly bitchy move, especially since some/all of the contributors were chosen based on real merit)

Yes, some had real merits, and some is just kewl! :rainbowlaugh:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Join our Patreon to remove these adverts!