FiMFiction's Olympus 106 members · 176 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Ikra
Group Contributor

. . . and I'm posting it here for all of you lovely people to judge.

=WARNING!= This is just a thought fragment I jotted down five minutes ago and thought, 'Hey, this could possibly be fun'. So it's gritty and dirty and not completely settled. Still, thought I'd share. Because I care.

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to live in Equestria? To frolic with the ponies, to see their cities and eat their sweets? To see the Princesses of the sun and moon? To live in such a seemingly carefree country?

I do.

Every night I stare from my cave at that far off country and wonder, wonder what my life would be like if I were one of them. To be a pony, earth, unicorn or pegasus it would not matter to me, if only I could be one of them. To be free. If only I was not born as I am, but as one of them.

But I’m not.

I am no pony. No griffon or zebra, no breezie nor minotaur. I am not even a dragon, though we may be related. No, I am not any creature welcomed in that fair land. That’s why I’m locked away here, trapped on a mountain in a cave of ice and cold, alone save the thoughts in my head.

I am a monster.

I'm going to say this: No it's not a HiE. No it's not a crossover. And no it's not a draconic tentacle monster hell bent on fucking everything in Equestria. That'd be retarded.

-Exodia, we're done here.

This is a very.....interesting idea......

Ikra
Group Contributor

4095138 Truly. Care to elaborate your thoughts.

I mean I don't see anything wrong with the plot and an outsider that is having a man vs. society conflict are generally very interesting stories and it's not HiE so it's a mysterious creature of sorts.....yep sign me up

Ikra
Group Contributor

4095194 Cool. Cool.

HapHazred
Group Admin

4095179 The idea has been done, and by some pretty damn good authors too. That's not to say it can't be attempted.

You'll be having a problem in that, if your protagonist is socially unnaceptable, you won't be able to have him actually interact effectively with other characters, which is the main way to actually show (and I do mean show, not tell) what he's all about, so you'll have to rely on being clever instead.

Wyrme
Group Contributor

4095129 Sounds good to me. I'd totally read it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7