FiMFiction's Olympus 106 members · 176 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
HapHazred
Group Admin

'Kay, I've had my daily beer intake and I'm ready to roll again.

Eris and I have come to a decision regarding how we're going to operate. I'm going to lay everything out for you. This will be a long thread, so be warned.

First off: this group is a library. From a functional, practical aspect, we'll be looking at stories to review and either pass them or fail them: we'll then collect the stories we think are worthwhile in a folder. Remember Twilight's Library? Like that, but I don't intend to let it all go pear shaped.

There will be other threads too, but they don't regard the functional aspect of the group: only the social side.

Have we got that out of the way? Good. Allow me to move on.

I am 'the Gatekeeper'. Aside from sounding pretentious, I decide what goes in and what doesn't. However, despite an incredibly high intellect, productivity, and intuition, I won't be able to keep on doing everything if we expand, and although it may seem unlikely, we do intend to expand.

I'm looking for reviewers: people who are willing to look stories over and see if they're good enough to let in. I will give details as to our standards elsewhere.Here, I explain how we'll operate.

In a thread separate to my own decision thread, you guys will go over stories that come in. You won't be made admins, or even contributors. That probably sounds like it sucks, but in reality, you'll be on a trial period. If you do a good job, then you become a contributor/admin. This is a great way to hone your skills as a reviewer and gain a bit of responsibility.

I read your stuff, check it briefly to make sure you haven't done goofed, and hopefully expedite the story to wherever it's supposed to go far more efficiently.

What I'm looking for in reviewers:

-Regularity: even if it's just a few stories a week, I need more than just a few one-offs every now and then. I don't expect you guys to have my level of productivity or higher, but if you could read at least three stories a week, and hopefully review them, that's my minimum. If you know you can't do that, then don't bother. If you're not sure, ask, and I'll see if we can arrange something.

-Grammatical skill: heaven knows I'm no grammar master, but I want my reviewers to be able to spot basic grammar, spelling, and formatting problems. See my own decision thread to get an idea of what I'm talking about.

-Professionalism: that sounds really vague, but it means basics like not insulting everybody (which I hope should be clear from the get-go) to more complex stuff like remaining unbiased faced with something like a ship you don't like, or a character you despise.

Also, we now have a pending improvement folder. I'll store stories I reject here. They can get out if they go over their mistakes, address concerns, that sort of thing. I don't want to delete stories from the group.

I'll also be working on subcategories for the main library folder. That's for another day, however.

I understand that we're only 50-something people, but if anyone wants to try their hand at being a regular reviewer, ask here and I'll add your name to a list thread I'll make once I have a plate of oatcakes or something.

That's it for now. For those of you who were confused, and believe me I know what you're going through, I was confused myself for, like,ever, I hope to make things clearer within the next half our of frantically attacking the structure of the group. Since I've been given the green-light to do so.

HazardPony out.

I'll try reviewing.
I've done it once or twice and I run The True Reviews Group. (Its dead. Pretty quiet there.)

Black Ultron
Group Contributor

I suppose I can try my hand at reviewing. Though doing that on a Tablet may be a bitch hell like that stopped me before.

HapHazred
Group Admin

4052303 Cool, I'll put your name on my list. It helps that you're one of the persons I already recommended into the library, so I have an idea as to your level.
4052324 We'll cross the whole tablet bridge when we come to it. For now, I'm just glad to have you on board.

Black Ultron
Group Contributor

4052336 Who else do you have recommended for the job?

HapHazred
Group Admin

4052363 I remember a few others showed interest on the previous thread, but given that I don't know much about them aside from what I've read it's not really enough for me to outright recommend them for a position.

I'd rather keep things open ended: use a trial period, play it be ear, and replace as I go. This is a small group, so I have plenty of margin for error: stories aren't going to pile up like crazy and I can handle a few fringe cases of stuff going down sideways just fine.

HapHazred
Group Admin

4052363 Considering it's late where I am and I have had a very busy and tiresome week (although fun) I am going to fall unconscious now and finish off all the details concerning you two when I wake up again, probably over coffee. Thanks for volunteering, both of you, whatever happens.

I'd be interested in the reviewer job, but I have a slight problem of reading the longer stories (20+ chapters) in a period of 1 or 2 weeks. As long as that isn't a problem, I'm interested in the job

HapHazred
Group Admin

4053176 Cool, I'll take that into account. Sorry for not answering sooner, was unconscious.

So is that an acceptance? Am I now a reviewer?

HapHazred
Group Admin

4054349 My point of view is that I won't choose reviewers so much as allow them. You want to be a reviewer? Consider yourself accepted.

We'll just see how it goes from there, won't we?

And do try to have fun, though.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12