Sleepovers 194 members · 286 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Hold everything! Something very important has come to my attention.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Little-Pony-Applejack-Sleepover/dp/B008P8IQGY

- Your APPLEJACK and STAR DREAMS pony figures have all the accessories they need for a fun slumber party with you!
- Put on their slippers and comb their hair when it's time to go to sleep.
- 2 pony figures come with bed, television, "pizza" with slice, pizza box, popcorn bowl, 2 sets of slippers, teddy bear and paper table.

This raises a number of questions.

1. Why would they wear slippers in bed?
2. Why would they comb their hair before bed?
3. Why is "pizza" in quotes? Are they suggesting that's not a real pizza? Is it something more sinister?
4. I'm going to give the tiny bed a pass, because as we know, things in MLP always look smaller from the outside. But why is the table made out of paper? I mean, there's no suggestion that the television is fake, so why single out the table? And for that matter, why couldn't they get a real table?
5. The biggest and most important question: WHO IS STAR DREAMS? She looks younger than Applejack, but clearly Applejack knows her well enough to sleep over with her. She looks like a unicorn (and has a unicorn-sounding name), so she's almost certainly not Apple Family. Do the other Apples know about this? Is Applejack mysteriously disappearing for one night every week without explanation? What kind of hold does Star Dreams have over her?

I think we've found our Season 5 villain.

The trouble with the tiny bed is that it's too skinny. Even if it was the right size, both of 'em won't fit in it. And who'd want a teddy bear that looks like that? I think the teddy bear is the season 5 villain...

You might be able to see better here:
[youtube=V2hPhBaLI0g]

Those slippers don't look that great, either.

--Sweetie Belle

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

4058920 - still, they get to watch pony, so it's not all bad. :)

Oh God... there is so, so much wrong with this playset and its marketing. So amusingly, horribly, terribly wrong....

If folks want me to elaborate, I will, but let's just say that one little bed like that for the two gals, and those quotation marks around "pizza," open up entirely the wrong set of possibilities. :pinkiegasp:

"Hello? Pizza an' Veterinary Supplies? Yes, Ah'd like a large pepperoni pizza, Special K on the left side? Forty five minutes? Thank ye kindly!"

As for why note that the table is paper and *put* the quotations in, it's for legal purposes. So nobody complains successfully about the table being paper instead of a plastic prop (why they couldn't put a plastic prop in? Penny wise, pound foolish?), and so nobody can sue them if their idiot kid tries to eat the "pizza."

I'm still not totally sure where they are sleeping over, either. Maybe you're supposed to get another set with it, I guess, so they have a room?

--Sweetie Belle

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

"What is it with Ponyville an' stores that sell two unrelated things?"

"They're only unrelated 'til y'think about it, sugarcube." :ajsmug:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7