Sleepovers 194 members · 286 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
hawthornbunny
Group Admin

20 members? That's good enough for an intro post, surely. Welcome to Sleepovers and thanks for joining!

It rather surprises me that this group didn't exist already. (Well, in fact it did - there was a Sleepovers group created months ago by someone else, but nothing happened, no stories were added, and it got abandoned, so I decided to start one myself.) As the front page of this group notes, sleepovers are totally a canonical thing, occurring no less than twice in canon, three times in almost-canon, four times in sort of semi-expanded universe canon, and about 3,927 times in my personal headcanon.

Usually I try to go into analysis mode on things like this to justify making a post about it, but I figured that's boring, so I have spared you all a dry, tedious deconstruction. (I already sorta did it in a blog post if you're interested). Sleepovers are just nice. They're fun to read about and they provide a neat nexus between a bunch of different subgenres of ponyfiction, as you'll discover if you browse our fine selection.

I have a couple of questions for anyone:

1. are the categories okay? I generally try to categorize by obvious thematic similarity rather than by Fimfiction's genre tags, so I've chosen the ones that stood out to me most. If you can think of other useful categories, let me know.

2. where are good places to advertise this group? I've only tried the CMC group so far, but given the aforementioned versatility and wide appeal of the sleepover, I'm sure there's other places I could try.

That's all for now. Welcome again and happy slumbering!

There's a guy who does a monthly groups posting to the site blog or somesuch, as I understand, you need to PM that person.

There probably should be one catch-all folder for M-rated sleepover fics (like my own Cards Against Equestria Girls) to separate them from the more innocent ones.

3910558 You could try the New Groups group, and The Shameless Self Promotion Buearu.

As for the folders, I think they work well so far, though sub folders for ratings wouldn't be a bad idea.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Thanks, those are good calls. Ratings subfolders sound like a good idea.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

I have tried adding subfolders, but Fimfiction seems to have a bug which is preventing it. Oh well.

You hafta create the subfolder as a main folder first, then edit it and change the parent folder, or it won't work. Fimfiction's kinda funny that way. It's always been broken that way, too.

--Sweetie Belle

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

4005311 - aha, thanks! Yeah, the user experience on those pages is rather lacking. I'm sure knighty will fix it as part of his plan for world domination.

Stories are now categorized by Safe/Mature.

hawthornbunny
Group Admin

4005311 - also, welcome! :)

I dunno. It's kinda been that way as long as there were subfolders, so one woulda thought he'd have fixed it by now.

And thanks! I'm in a lotta the sleepovers, so I figured I should probably be over here...

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9