Elric of Melnipony: The Group 81 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 507 )
  • Viewing 301 - 350 of 507
Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

I caught this song on the radio recently and I was inspired. Not only did we have a "photo" of Cheerilee in canon, but '80s music for '80s Cheerilee just seemed perfect. Regarding songs by A Flock of Seagulls, "I Ran" got the majority of the airplay, but for me, it's in third place after "Space Age Love Song" and this one, Wishing.

(The "official" version of the video fades out at about the 4.5-minute mark; to my mind, if you're not hearing the full song, you're being ripped off.)

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

I'm kind of proud of this one, and I put a lot of work into it.

Quoting from my uploader notes over on Derpibooru:

This project was inspired by recently catching the classic Psychedelic Furs tune Pretty In Pink on the radio. (The song was first; the movie of the same name came later.)

I think this might be my most involved work ever uploaded here, as it first required choosing, cropping, and scaling 25 different screencaps. (All screencaps came from the MLP FIM Wiki.) Of course, that still makes me nothing more than an image editor, which is why I’ve never claimed an artist tag for myself.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

Sunset Shimmer performs Bad Reputation by rock goddess Joan Jett.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

The original:

My pony version:

Bonus pic of another variation on the theme that I made.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

These definitely count as very minor edits -- in that they're just resizing and slapping pony vectors over an existing image -- but after making the third one just a little bit ago, I decided to go ahead and share them anyway. (Besides, it's not like everyone else would have gone out of their way to select only ponies strongly associated with learning, or have picked vectors that make decent headshots that actually look like they belong in a PSA. I'd like to think my sensibilities count for something here.)

scoots2
Group Contributor

4050832 Sigh. I coulda used that. Oh, well, it's not the only time Hannana get hammered.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

I only came up with it about a day or so ago...

scoots2
Group Contributor

4050860 No worries. Ana Hannanna gets cheeriously drunk all the time. In fact, at a certain point, she seems to be worried that she's got too much blood in her alcohol system.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

Prompted by a discussion over in the Diamond Tiara group.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

Because -- as you've seen with some of my other recent captions -- sometimes you're listening to '80s music and ponies pop into your head.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

No, I'm not tired of these yet.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

I did an earlier version of this one, but shortly after I made it, Arcum42 provided me with a better screencap.
Here's the result:

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

Before adding a caption, I scaled down the original animation to make it friendlier for forum posting.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

Inspired by someone needlessly bitching about one of the other groups on the site:

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

Luna has had enough of your crap.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

This one comes with a censored version! :yay:

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

There are several answering images like this:

I decided to finally have somepony do the asking:

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

I was looking for a different sort of Maud expression, found this among the wiki's screencap collection, and decided I had to do something with it. Why this "something"? That's the part I can't explain...

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

This is the kind of expression I was looking for:

scoots2
Group Contributor

4187014 This one earned applause. Now I feel as though I have got to use that. I think I even know where.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

That look on her face just said "OMG" to me, and after that, free-association kicked in. I eagerly await the image's use somewhere semi-relevant.

4187014 Somepony was listening to Sir Mix-a-lot recently...

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

Not in some time, actually. And have you heard Jonathan Coulton's version?

4197352 I actually don't like that song at all, I just happen to remember the preamble in the music video with the two bitches sniping about someone else's ass.

What? I can't dislike a sexist song?

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

All the more reason you should listen to Coulton's version, then. He takes it somewhere funny...

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

Princess Luna has a delightful presence on this site, and this image was inspired after someone was a jerk to her:

I don't know if she'll use it, though; she's nicer than I am.

4214089 Cool story bro! :rainbowlaugh:

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

More editing than usual went into this one, for what I think are obvious reasons:

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

For those unfamiliar with Snoopy:

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

She thinks you're some kind of lunatic.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Admin

New episodes = new sources!

• Viewing 301 - 350 of 507