Comments ( 156 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 156
Kaffeina
Group Admin

Welcome to the Quarterly Displaced Idea Thread
September 2017
October 2017
November 2017

Please, keep all idea posting here. If you want people to see it, tag whoever you feel should see it, but keep tags to a minimum of 5. If that's not everyone, then, we're sorry, but you can message them. Do not tag me.

Previous Idea Threads
June - August 2017
March - May 2017
December 2016 - Feburary 2017
August - November 2016
July
Pre-2016 Thread
All Remaining Links Can Be Found on Previous Threads

I'm curious if anyone is gonna ever do a Tommy Jarvis displace fic?

Someone is gonna do a jar jar Binks one shot eventually I just fucking know it

Some genius decided to Displace a gorilla into Minecraft and give him super intelligence. Then, after a year, he dumps that gorilla into Equestria to see what havoc he wreaks.

The end result is a gorilla clad in diamond armor who goes by the simple name of Gorilla Mond.

Thanks for the idea
MWAHAHAHAHAHA

list of ideas
the nostalgia critic
Guns and exploding while angry.
doctor Bight (scp)
DR. Bright (displaced) would wake up in a forest near mount dragonshy (don't know the real name.) with a note that says that he was promoted to 05 (the highest rank) and that he was transported to a random inhabitable world so that he wouldn't die in an omega level scp event like the previous administration. He would be given a bottle of nanites that would make a underground scp facility capable of holding him and any number of scps of his choosing. The nanites would make a portal allowing him to get various scps from the facility.

henry (from once upon the time)
He's the author enough said.

And after he gets displaced he finds out jar jar really was a sith lord

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

oh god... If someone is Displaced as the Critic along with the power of randomness and then he met another Displaced that came from a bad movie?

Is it possible to become a Grimm (from RWBY) Displaced?

Cause if so, I'd give my character the ability to become other Grimm as well, along with a human/pony form. He'd also either be an Anti-Hero, or plain old Villain (I love Villains!)

Here's an example:

(I chose the Anti-Black Coat Nightmare as a model for the human form because it looks Grimm-like).

(And this would be the pony form. Anyone think this could work? I don't know YET what plot I'd make, but it'd be good I'm sure.)

I personally believe that he was going to be a sith but George Lucas backed down from doing that because he thought jar jar would be an endearing character everyone would love and feel heartbroken when he betrayed them but instead he became jar jar. So lucos scraped the idea pretty much changing the entire prequel series and the reason the movie was named "The Phantom Menace" it couldn't be palpatine he was already outed as a bad guy to the audience it was jar jar.

That's a good idea and the guy didn't get stoned so he get older and smarter and more armor(that's how it works right)

That's the general basis of how it works. Yes. The older they get, the smarter and more powerful. So yes. I don't know about the armor though...

I sort of had an idea of a Displaced/SI where the guy SI'd ends up doing so via the Apprentice making him the Author for Equestria's Stories.

Hey, anyone thought about having a Displaced from BEYOND the Multiverse?

The multiverse sorta involves the void but if you don't count that then yes there was a cthulhu displaced.

This was an idea that I thought of originally based on a new PSVR game coming this winter. What if someone went as this little critter?

Her name is Quill... and not only would be smaller than the average pony and everything else around her, she can't speak. Her only form of communication though is sign language.

I thought something like this would be a interesting way to 'break the mold' a little when it comes to Displaced seeing that the character and the way Quill communicates is rather interesting.

Considering that the Beowolf in the Volume 4 opening is sporting more armor...

No, Im mean BEYOND the Multiverse. The way its set up, the Multiverse has a very defined border, a constantly expanding border, but a border none the less.
What I'm talking about is somrthing comes in from outside that border, and puts something into a Equestria and then leaves who/whatever it broight with it in the multiverse

I don't see how that's different than the old ones/void dwellers and they displace everyone.

displaced idea
a good version of lord drakkon from power rangers comic

I don't like power rangers

Do it, I'm literally building a Nevermore Grimm concept along the same lines for a displaced fic. But it won't be transforming into Grimm but be a literal Grimm, with a human mind inside.

Of course that will be after the wonderful glorious Slayers villain gets displaced into Equestria. As for who it is, that is a Secret.

You mean an entity from beyond the realms and boundaries of the existing multiverse that walks the boundaries of the other parallels? The problem with displacing something like that is that such a being is likely not going to take kindly to a duplicate existing. Which is what the displaced would be.

Glen Gorewood

6102662>>6103248
Its an idea *shrugs*

But to put an actual idea on here, Why not Knack from... well, Knack? A creature made up of ancient magical artifacts called Relics (great name by the way, real original) that can grow or shrink in both size and strength depending on the number of Relics he has, and said relics can be used as a power source.

That Knack idea would work, I'd like to see how you would pull it off. I like the idea of this displaced gaining powers based on relics, depending on how you write this it could end up being very unique.

The reason that other idea is iffy is because the displaced are, in many ways, duplicates of entities. My logic is that even gods will not mind being duplicated, because gods are selfish and don't care if it doesn't affect their world. Heck you could get displaced as The Lord of Nightmares from Slayers or an eldricht being and still be fine.

But the higher up the tier you go, the more dangerous it gets to be a displaced. Because eventually you will hit a point where a displaced will become a duplicate of something that by transdimensional infinite multiversal law can't have a duplicate. So the original swoops in and bam you are dead or worse; because the original was there first and compared to it you are a failed copy. The other problem is that beings like this are infamously hard to write, when you are talking trans cosmic level stuff it often takes decades of refining to make it work. When you try to just make it happen, it often feels forced and annoying to readers.

I've read a few examples of that on Fimfiction, and they always fail because to craft a being like that you have to somehow not take on aspects of any other religious dieties and actually create an original construct.

This kind of thing, at that level, will be further from every being than even multiverse gods. It will make Alex Warlorn's pantheon look like a bunch of kittens, cute fluffy kittens. It makes the old gods look like Bambi; in effect it makes any pantheon or powers system look like a daisy. Not Daisy the pony, a literal Daisy. A human mind could not handle that level of entity, let alone being that level of entity. They would go insane and likely reject their own existence, nullifying themselves.

There is a reason very few if any authors even attempt to make such things, its infamously near impossibly difficult and doing so requires you start crafting it at an age where you have had minimal exposure to other elements of literature or the world at large. So unless you were a mutant super smart baby or toddler, and started crafting the idea then and retained your pre age five memories; it's impossible. Which is why there is nothing in literature, games, film, poetry, comics, or otherwise that is actually at that at level.

So one issue is you would not even have a character to draw from for the displaced in the first place.

It's considered one of the holy grails of writing to successfully craft something like that, because it's so nigh impossible. It's also why true trans multiverse stories are so relatively rare, even in science fiction. Of the many many books I've read, even the ones with beings that can cross between different (see non interconnected) multiverses note that there are things even higher than they are. These things never show up in the books, because it's widely accepted that though eventually someone will successfully create them; as of the writing of the book they haven't yet been made real. It's an allusion to a penultimate impossiblity in writing, the grail of literature that has yet to be forged. Even HP Lovecraft made allusions to such things, and to this day they have yet to exist.

There are fan fictions and other literature works that claim to have the penultimate beings, but they inevitably fall short of that goal. Which is why it's classified as one of the impossible holy grails of writing, lesson over; now turn your textbook to the closest damn thing to that grail we have right now.

The closest you would be able to get is a creature from outside the MLP multiverse that has some of those traits, but it wouldn't actually be the kind of being you were thinking of originally. Because something at that level really wouldn't be dropping displaced into the MLP multiverse, now something much lower in the overall scope of things might. But then you have to figure out what that thing is going to be, and it has to be amorphous enough to work for all displaced stories. It would not be an easy task, and it would still need to be powerful enough to move a fraction of an eldricht beings powers into a human. So at minimum think The Crimson King in The Dark Tower, or the opposite force of the Universe Turtle. You know the thing that spawned IT in the Steven King universe. Something at that level could be responsible for some of the displaced.

Of course the other option is it's not one being causing the displaced to go to Equestria and beyond, but multiple entities each playing their own game against their own opponents; or just passing the time because they are bored. You would still have a limited pool to choose from though, and building your own entity is going to be a absurdly difficult challenge. You could just go with the power that super charged Grogar or a sentient Rainbow of Darkness, but that's the easy route. I like to think that the displaced are not caused by one being or force, but by multiple entities who coincidentally all like toying with the MLP multiverse. If you go with that angle, your original idea is doable.

Glen Gorewood

Comment posted by DisplacedWriter deleted Sep 8th, 2017

Okay... IF I am understanding that wall of text correctly (Im mildly dyslexic, so reading walls of texts can be difficult for me) You think Im making a Displaced that is or on the level of DEATH, or the others that frickin BECAME the multiverse from the classic lore?

I apologize for being wordy. My coffee had yet to kick in so my ability to edit my typing was impaired.

When you speak of a being that can go between multiverses and ignore the borders, that is more or less what I think of.
Also Death is a relative term, not all versions of Death are the same Death. But yes, I was thinking you were trying to make a being that is effectively a primal force of the multiverse, if not higher. The simpler version of what I described there is the impossible construct that is beyond death in power, however anything at the level of Death alone likely would not stand for a displaced of itself.

I take it I misunderstood your intent. Though now my mind is thinking that the Universe Turtle and The Crimson King are both involved in the displaced phenomenon somehow. Actually, a displaced story involving The Crimson King would be interesting to read.

What was your original meaning concerning a multiverse boundary ignoring displaced? Since I obviously misunderstood what you meant initially.

Glen Gorewood

6103596 okay, to help you understand, here are the cliffnotes of the classic lore that i remember: DEATH was alone in a semi perfect void, DEATH makes four f-ers to realive his boredom and sits back to enjoy the show, one of them dies and becomes the omniverse (This meaning the place where all the multiverses reside like ours, Equestrias, Halo, Pokemon, ect. And even the confusing ones like Sonic and its trans-dimensional highway, Discworld (which is literally just a dirt disc on top of elephants riding on a MASSIVE fickin turtle), the real Bahamut with the elephants, angels, and giant ruby with a massive snake on their butts 24/7, and others of the like) with an ever expanding, but very real boarder between exsistance, and the nothingness that DEATH is sitting in, probably with a bowl of forever refilling popcorn.
The Displaced and Displacers and inside the omniverse, play a game of conquest within the Equestria multiverse (and others, but Equestria takes priority) and there you go.
What I ment was that something from OUTSIDE the omniverse forces its way in, chucks who or whatever it brought along with it into the Equestria multiverse, and then leaves to join DEATH to watch the newest season of This Omniverse is F***ed

And, on that other point from your earlier rant that i understood, I DO have a self made character that is powerful enough to make the every know pantheon shit themselves if they piss him off, made when i was around seven, and had exsisting in any multiverse in mind! But explain that can of worms is more PM territory

I see, so the classic lore is meant to encompass a series of parallels of everything that is to relieve the boredom of Death. The omniverse being a self enclosed duplicate of everything caused by the death of one the four F's; including versions of us, that is known. Which works with actual multiverse theory, of course that raises the question as to whether this Death of the Void (I'm calling it that for clarity on my end) is the only one messing with an omniverse in this way.

Who is to say this Death of the Void is the only one doing something like the Displaced, for all we know in another omniverse there could be a being called Bob doing the same thing. What happens if Bob meets Death of the Void? Do they fight or watch both omniverse shows at the same time?
Ok that would be a great Displaced meta fic to read.

It wasn't a rant, it's an actual literary conundrum that has existed forever. The best way to describe it is that something will always be higher up and further in than whatever you create, no matter how powerful your character is. Many want the most powerful being in existence, but nobody can ever have it because higher up and further in there will always be something more powerful. Even if you think you have created the ultimate character for any multiverse, there will always be another being that is better equipped and more powerful than yours; and something beyond that as well. And this continues infinitely.

If you want to PM to discuss your character I'm all for it, it sounds rather interesting.

And I do apologize if I came off a bit pretentious earlier. I hadn't had my coffee yet.

Glen Gorewood

Okay, firstly, the whole boredom thing was something i added for comedy. If I remeber correctly, DoV actually went to sleep. And their being more than one omniverse (which, by definition, should be EVERYTHING in exsistance) is something i came up with some time ago after making my own model for the multiverse theory.
Secondly, i agree that that would be a great meta story
Thirdly, I understand, both your explantion for being so wordy and the character. Such a being is hard to write, and i understand fully that there will always be something bigger out there. But I love OP characters, even if they are only decent
Fourthly, maybe, we'll see
And finally, no need, you didnt sound pretencious. Just long winded ^^

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

Ok, I need help from you guys, any ideas for a plot and world theme for a Displaced Samus Aran or a Displaced Dragon (As in Dragonheart kind) character?

Oh so it's more similar to the Slayers Universe and The Lord of Nightmares (Beginning and end of all, goes to sleep and spawns four omniverse possibly more), that makes much more sense. Though your added comedy allowed for some funny mental imagery.

The problem is it can't be literally everything, because Death of the Voids existence would have triggered the creation of its own Multi Omniversal Dimension Bubble. It could be a copy of everything though.

Then why doesn't someone make it so? Because now that I think of it, that story has to happen now; with multiple endings.

OP characters are fun to work with, the fun isn't even in them being OP but in the reasons why they are the way they are and how they use their abilities. Any insanely OP character can be destroyed by a bad backstory, or really weak reasoning; hence the difficulty of writing them. It happens far too often sadly. I am glad you understand the higher up and further in conundrum, many writers get angry when it's mentioned. It's also nice to meet someone else who started world and character building young, there are not many of us out there.

Well we'll see is better than no.

If you think that is long winded you should see my actual thought processes. It's words and theories to infinity and beyond, Twilight would be in heaven. I actually had to train myself to automatically edit my thoughts subconsciously when I'm trying to focus or write due to how ridiculous it is.

Glen Gorewood

Hehe, I think we'll get along just fine ^^

Agreed Golem Stone, and I can't wait to see your Displaced story with Knack in it. Since you are well experienced in world and story building, so it should be very good; and the relics, potential uses, and backstories to them have so much possibility. It's so exciting!

This conversation gave me a brilliant idea for a non displaced, yet multiversal discussion, story involving Twilight and Discord and the rule of higher up and further in.

Now for the most important question, who is going to write the Death of the Void meets Bob story?

Glen Gorewood

I could start it, then leave it open for others to use Bob in future works.

Glen Gorewood

Thats really up to you

Well I think I shall start it then.

Glen Gorewood

Displaced as Cubix and wind up in an Equestria where every pony has their own robot/golem.

I'm having an awkward moment where I keep thinking of things and thinking "hey that would be a cool displaced idea" and then realize that most of them would probably be better off without most of the expectations and bias that comes with being a displaced story.

One idea I DID have however was an SCP 682 displaced where he does wind up being sealed away in some way(most likely turned to stone, simply because I've thought of so many ideas for that), but NOT because the princesses(or at least Celestia) where assholes and: decided his moral alignment for him/didn't think before acting/blasted him accidentally. Rather it would be because he could hardly control himself and wanted them to stop him from killing others.

Kaffeina
Group Admin

Ok, please don't write that intrinsically flawed idea. You forget the basic idea that the Void and Omniverse are nonlogical nonsubjective existences. They obey no laws and all.

So in effect they do and don't matter?

I think Golem and I were thinking of a parody concept story, sort of like gods playing poker while ignoring everything and nothing yet somehow being aware of both simultaneously. Thing is even if I were to write it, it would take a long time for me to get around to it. My story backlog is too big, so you don't have to worry about it happening anytime soon; if it does at all.

Truth is it may never happen, it's far more likely I will end up writing a Displaced fic about Killer Bob from Twin Peaks anyway.

Glen Gorewood

6107219 i wont, for the Displaced group anyway... got so many ideas already for this group anyway

Probably already thought of, but what about a Deathclaw displaced fic?

Will anyone do a hello neighbor displaced where your the mysterious neighbor, and or a tommy Jarvis displaced fic?

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

Someone alreaddy did one.

Wait, really? What's it called?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 156