Displaced 4,420 members · 1,267 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
Kaffeina
Group Admin

Have a complaint? Perhaps an issue involving the group? Wanna whine about how awful I am?

Welcome to the Complaint Thread. Post your issues here and our mod and admin teams will address them if possible!

Are we allowed to complain about tropes in Displaced stories?

Kaffeina
Group Admin
DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

You forgot one, the 'suddenly Displaced automatically knows how to use his or her powers with little to no effort upon arriving in Equestria' bit.

Displaced---Official Complaints Thread

All whiners, moaners and trolls welcome!:raritywink:

Can't wait to look through this and see what people come up with in the Future!

....nothing? The fuck? So many people complain, yet none use this... I am baffled.

like seriously. my big thing is (even when chosen form isnt op new displace suddleny op as buts).

My current peeve with the group? People making these topics to talk about "ideas" which can be summed up as "someone could be Displaced as [character]" with no novel concepts whatsoever. (Something which is now a bannable offense)

If they at least were planning on writing those stories, and threw down some notes on execution or a few novel concepts they wanted to try, then it would at least be a brainstorm thread for a work in progress. But no, they're just stating the obvious that any character presents a potential Displaced. Worst of all, most of these have vague titles like "this is a thing", so I don't even know what I'm about to walk in to...

Guys, there's a thread for useless clutter like that, so there's no reason to be posting then. I say "useless" because there's no story there: if you have an actual idea, lay it out and write it down. At least talk about the main character's unique traits, the powers you're thinking of bringing Into Equestria, the way you think the world will respond, the spins you're going to put on it, the themes and tropes you want to play with... THAT'S a story idea, and THAT'S worth a discussion.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

They're only doing it cause they want someone else to write it. Another reason is that posting the topic gets more attention than suggesting it in the Ideas thread.

Kaffeina
Group Admin

Doesn't matter, it's senseless clutter. If you want it written, either do it yourself or ask someone personally.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

I already write my own stuff, silly, I'm just pointing out the reason I think they do this.

Kaffeina
Group Admin

And I addressed my comment in that way to make it understable to those who do that for those reasons.

DisplacedWriter
Group Contributor

Aren't the dislikes anonymous? If so, our mindless disliker might spend his or her eternity doing it until he or she finds something far worse to hate.

I like to ask for Changing expectations be removed and not re-added as it is Not
A displaced story and by the definition of this group not one.
I am not the author but i am on his discord and pre-read chapters time to time.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16