Displaced 4,420 members · 1,267 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17
Kaffeina
Group Admin

Welcome to
The Displaced Birth of Stars Event

All worlds are like stars, they are born, they shine, then they eventually fall. However, where one story ends, a new one begins. Where one star dies, another starts shining. It is this time of year, when the year changes, that we honor the stars.

Welcome, Displaced members and Authors, to the First Annual Birth of Stars. This is an event occurring after the holidays and shortly into the next year that hopes to promote new beginnings and ideas!

What is Birth of Stars:

A contest, one designed to garner support to new stories and ideas made recently in hopes to refresh the group. The contest is a simple one, with a few placings.

How to Enter:

Simple! Put the story here -> BoS Submission Form
Do not put stories for Constellations here.

Rules:

It MUST be considered Displaced to be submitted and must follow all criteria. Submitting stories that have horrible grammar, ie: written worse or similar to My Immortal, or older than December 2016 do not count. THIS MEANS THE PUBLISHED DATE. Submitting your own story is allowed.

Placings:

Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star - Best All-around fic
Reward: Featured on Main Page of the Group For One Week, Placing in ‘Quality Works’ Folder.

Polaris- Best of obscure fandoms, hidden in the mask of the more popular ones.
Reward: Featured In Stickied Promotional Thread

Sirius - Most original story, with unseen before ideas abound.

Vega - Best all around of new writers.
Reward: Featured In Stickied Promotional Thread, Placing in ‘Quality Works’

Betelgeuse - Best submitted villain.

Aldebaran - Best of one-shots.

Dubne - Best of grammar.
Reward: Place in ‘Quality Works’

Secondary Contest:
Constellations

Another contest, geared towards old writers. Far more simple, this is a contest where one simply enters their fic, Displaced, that is older than the main contest’s requirements and aim to achieve a placing in Quality Works.

Submit:

Constellations Submission Form

Welcome to the Milky Way Galaxy, Writers!

Host: MidnightChaos

Judges: RedShirt, Solphestus, RuneScrypt

Wow! This seems like a great idea! :pinkiehappy: Wish I had a fictional to submit, though. :applejackunsure:

When will the winners be decided?

Ok, stupid question, and the answer's probably not favorable, but I'm asking anyways to be completely sure:

So, I have a story that finally passed moderation on November 26 this year, which is already in the Displaced folder. Being "published" even four days prior disqualifies it from the first part of the contest, correct?

(The Legend: Rebuilt)

Kaffeina
Group Admin

Alright, I'll just leave it at being submitted to the second part.

Thanks for the answer!

My question is mainly what criteria is being used to judge the various categories. I mean Obscure Fandom mainly. I mean, I see it more then possible to write a story that fits in all but one, choosing either one shot or longer story.

Any comments about what Obscure means in this contest?

Kaffeina
Group Admin

In this case, it just means one without a Displaced fic already.

5718228 So when does the contest end?

Kaffeina
Group Admin

Start of Feburary

Can we submit a story to multiple categories?

Comment posted by Kaffeina deleted Feb 2nd, 2017
Kaffeina
Group Admin

Yes.

Reopening: Following a lack of submissions, Birth of Stars is now open until the end of Feburary and no later.

Submissions to Constellations will now be reviewed by Contributors at their own discretion.

Whoops, after reading your answer, I went to go do that with mine but accidentally submitted it to the Constellations one. If you see The Root of my Pain, the Core of my Growth in there, just ignore it. I'm putting it in the right categories for the new star folders now.

So when can we expect to receive news of the winners?

Kaffeina
Group Admin

Up to the judges.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17