Displaced 4,421 members · 1,267 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

5001444 *slow claps of approval*

If all it takes is one question to send the system crumbling in on itself, I'd say the problem is more the system than it is the person who asked the question.

You've got nothing to be sorry for.

.....I don't even know what to say

5001444 ........................................................................................................................................ So your were trying to figure out if there were rules that you should know about the displace before you make a story? Did I get that right. Also your question didn't make this happen, it was just the unlucky bastard to step on this landmine.

Oh and to answer your question on the stories you don't really need any rules to make a displacement story. Were like abstract art. Just have a bullshit way to get your OC into mlp and havre shit happen.

I will just repeat what I said earlier:

[...] several very influental people are completely against change, [...] they want the Lore and Multiverse to be THEIR plaything.

5001477 sounds like a good way to sum up all the problems you have on your plate huh?

5001444 I have reviewed what you have so far on your story and I have to say... I would have approved it and rounded up some other story approves I trust to take a look at it also. (I will be awaiting your return so that you can continue to help this group. I personally find your rage reviews more helpful than others because you point out problems, not simply rage about how it could be better like everyone else.)

5001444 well... until many questions are answered and set in stone (aka lore), there will be chaos in the group due to people who need rules to create something and those who are use to the freedom sitting there confused.
As my, new, Science professor says, "Rules are a good thing, they help us create things" (not actual quote). so until the universe has more rules and such on the multiverse and displacers... it will be difficult to create stuff. But... i have no idea on how to fix the Merchant issue at all... because he is not my character.... and until someone volunteers to develop him... we will be stuck in this loop (Jsyrin you have enough on your plate so wait on this issue)

I forgive you,there's always a second chance. For what's broken is rebuilt later on or now.

It's weird. Because of all this happening I'm stepping in to help aside from just generally lurking... Really I should thank you for managing to get me off my sorry ass to help, even if I'm just a contributor.

see ive always viewed the displaced stories that are supposed to be connected like the multiverse. connected on some level but god knows where it is. the merchant is the Resident Evil 4 merchant that so many use as a jumping point. its kind of like the DM in a D&D game starting off with 'you are all somehow transported to this one universe that is not any of your groups original homes.' and if i had gotten tricked into a world not my own when i was supposed to be having fun at a convention i would be pissed as well. however when it comes to the whole displaced war, that's an entirely different story. it makes as much sense as fighting games trying to have guest characters in the story except its all guest characters. honestly all fan-fics are weird and tangling them together just makes that part worse. it takes a heck of a lot of suspension of disbelief to read one of the displaced mashup stories.

5004420 woah. I get it now. the story the OP was working on... "you all meet in an inn" is like a supercommon DandD start right? I guess we need to find the level where its conected huh?

good luck with that :twilightsmile:
make me a connection web when you figure it all out will ya?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14