Displaced 4,412 members · 1,264 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
TGM
TGM #1 · Jan 23rd, 2016 · · ·

Hey, all.

So you may have noticed that I'm no longer an admin.

There are a couple reasons for that.

Long story short, I quit.

I really can't put up with some of the stuff that goes on around here anymore, and it's driven me to the point where it's starting to affect my real life, at which point I realized that I needed to stop.

I'll summarize reasons and such as best I can.

The main reason...is the way things are handled around here.

Let me explain.

I'm sure most if not all of you are aware of Jsyrin's recent departure then none-too-soon return. I'm all for second chances, but...

Then he was given the position of lorist again.

Look, I've got nothing against Jsyrin, or any of the other admins for that matter, but when someone has shown that they clearly have problems controlling themselves in a position of high standing, I think it's time to consider that that particular person should no longer be there.

Which would have been nice, except...

He found himself the lorist again, and none of the other admins had a chance to give their opinions on the situation, none of the other admins had the chance to say no, it just...happened. He was back. Whoop-de-doo.

This wouldn't really bother me if it wasn't for the fact that we were making a lot of headway with the lore. Users were participating, things were being moved along, stuff was looking up, and then we got shot straight back to square one.

Before you tell me that Jsyrin is taking inputs from users (I know he is, trust me) let me ask you this: Why do we need a lorist?

What exactly does it matter?

I have been an admin in this group for several months now and I still don't know the answer to that question. I don't know why the lore is so important, why people keep hyping it up, what exactly does it affect?

To my knowledge, it doesn't effect anything. People will continue writing their stories the same way they always have.

And while it would be nice to have a coherent, readable lore for people to enjoy and read if they want to get into the group, why do we need a middleman for that?

I cannot stress enough how I'm not hating on Jsyrin or what he does, I understand that he has a lot on his mind and he's prone to collapse from time to time, but...

Maybe consider building the lore as a group, rather than having one person stringing it all together?

It all comes back to communication and understanding, and those are two things this group seriously lacks.

I will not be a part of a group where favoritism can get you into high-ranking positions.

I will not be a part of a group where my opinions are ignored.

I will not be part of a group where my decisions are overturned because another admin felt like it.

And probably most importantly, I will not be a part of a group where super-large bold text is the norm for responding to criticism. It is childish and it does not do you well in the public eye whatsoever.

If you have anything you want to say or ask me, I'd suggest posting in my blog. It's likely that I'm not going to respond to anything in this thread.

Thank you for reading, and I sincerily hope you have a good day.

or at least a better day than I've had the past few.

P.S. Shocks should take my place, he's done more for this group than most of the admins have

P.P.S.S You should let PegasusMesa do the lore. He makes some good stuff.

Godspeed TGM, and good luck...

Goodbye admin TGM. You will be missed.

Hello common-folk TGM, welcome to the shit we live in.

P.P.S.S You should let PegasusMesa do the lore. He makes some good stuff.

What? You want me to write the lore? Me, the humble, attractive, supremely intelligent PegasusMesa?

I... I just don't know what to say, other than... very well. I'll do it. I will lore the bestest lore ever lored so that you might lord the lore over some loreful lord somewhere. Lore.

Thank you. Thank you all so very much.

I won't lie, your enthusiasm has brought a much needed smile on my face with all that is happening :twilightsmile:

5000421 I don't doubt your ability Pegasus, but it better be better than whatever the hell Bronyparasite made for "lore" in their funny little Renegade group.

Good bye old friend. I think that you were one of the few admin that didn't yell at me for using the forums. You will be missed.

He left? Bronyparasite left the displace?

5000520 I never said he left.

Oh my god, I read that document. We must have spent, like, fifteen minutes just making fun of the names.

Bae, I'll bring a smile to whatever part of you you want.

Oh... I thought that he did when you said he made the splinter group.

Kaffeina
Group Admin

Then he was given the position of lorist again.

Actually, he is A lorist.
He shall no longer be THE lorist.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16