The Chaotic Touch of Harmony 72 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Boldish42
Group Admin

We're trying to build a better timeline for any aspiring contributors, so if anybody has a piece of information to offer, that would be most appreciated. The most up to date version will be posted on the group's front page.

Comments, complaints, critiques, etc all are welcome here! But please, let's keep it civil yeah?

Alyarin9000
Group Admin

Zomg Boldish yu ar d bst zomgs

Something important is to offer a general view of the degradation of daily life in various parts of the world.

For instance, when does Africa go completely to the dogs in this canon? When is the American south lost? How soon does this shadow war start pressuring the first world? The cult was sharp enough to realize that the nations with the most power to stop them would ignore a lot of the threat until it arrived in their own backyards.

Another point is public knowledge: When does the plague become more than a blip on the radar? When does the cult start being perceived as a threat that could annihilate humanity? How strongly is the rumor mill running before the official announcement of the ponies?

Alyarin may have already slipped in this regard: I am unsure if his protagonist could know about Alexia's alicorn status or that her "entourage" is the royal herd at the time of the first chapter.

In any case, this is the classic roleplaying problem: in-character vs. out-of-character knowledge. It can be a nightmare to keep track of.

Boldish42
Group Admin

3776732 Most of those events will probably be covered by Part two's timeline, which good news! I'm not nearly as burnt out on! I've re-read Part one like four times in the past two months, slowly, looking for details and picking sentences apart. And then reading parts of certain chapters again for more, then ctrl-f for every occurrence of keywords... Sometimes I think I take this to seriously... Oh well! It's fun at the same time it drives me mad at least.:pinkiecrazy: I really should learn my lesson and stay away from timelines, I have a story I kinda abandoned because I became obsessed with syncing everything in order. And now I probably sound self-pitying, I really shouldn't type to people this late at night...:facehoof:

Alyarin9000
Group Admin

He knows of her Alicorn status because she WAS on T--
...Oh dear.

Alyarin9000
Group Admin

He never actually THOUGHT the name Alicorn, so that one can slide. but he did think about the Herd. Will fix after running it through with my editor

I'm all for creative retconning. It's an art unto itself.

Even if alicorn was stated, Paulo could have just gotten his mythical creatures mixed up (I've seen people outside this fandom mix up pegasi and unicorns).

The herd thing is only problematic if he's assuming they are mates: that idea is still a shocker the world isn't prepared for.

If you can get by with group of ponies=herd, you'll be fine. "Royal Herd" is just too specific to be a coincidence.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7