New Groups 559 members · 303 stories
Comments ( 48 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 48

Bad Dragon repurposed the group chat for some sinister reason. I won’t bitch about it. Instead, I'm creating this thread to compensate.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

3712381 OMG, I'm like knighty now. I removed a good, working feature. :facehoof:

However, since you've compensated for it, there's no need for its reimplementation anymore. :rainbowwild:

This thread is now a Sticky. :twilightsmile:

I recently saw my Group was featured here but now it isn't, Where did it go? :twilightsheepish:

The Windverse, was the comment deleted cuz I'm okay if it was :eeyup:

It is the 12th group listed on this post by Bad Dragon.
You may create your own post and/or thread to advertise your group if you want more exposure.

3733686 that's weird I didn't see it at first well thanks ill consider it! :raritystarry: and so I an make thread about my story?

so can I make a thread about my story?

No. Only groups can be advertised here. If you want to advertise your story try The Shameless Self-Promotion Bureau.

3733833 oops lol made one by mitake :twilightblush: :facehoof:

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

3733699 One thing I should also mention is that you may only promote new groups (less then a week old) in this group.

Your group The Windverse has grown old since its creation. It will still stay listed as a memorial to its former freshness, but it can not be promoted anymore, as it has joined the groups of old.

ok i just wanted to see if it was legit thats all

Comment posted by Cloudy Days deleted Dec 29th, 2014

Here's my group, if it's not posted already. And once again, thank you Bad Dragon
The Whoovesians

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

3823267 Your group is a part of the Groups of New now, and we will cherish it as such. At least for four more days. After that, we won't want to have anything to do with it. We care not for the Groups of Old. But you needn't worry about our everlasting nemeses of old, as your group is young and fresh and innocent. :scootangel:

?????????????????????????
I just hope it gets some members in - 4 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can see why you're name is Bad Dragon. Saying you won't want anything to do with it is harsh. So says The broNieZ!

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

3823313 I love your group. We love your group. It is nothing like those other, older than a week groups. Yours is sweet and uncorrupted. We will continue to love it, as long as it doesn't grow older than a week.

I don't think I'll ever understand you're logic.
:derpyderp1:

3823388 What fun is there in understanding someone else's logic?:pinkiecrazy: Your better off worrying about your own.:yay:

So is this where I advertise my new group?

gamexpert1990
Group Admin

If it's a group that's less than a week old, then yes (as of this comment, I know yours is less than a day old, so you are A-OK). Your best options to promote it are to provide a link to your group in both a comment on the main page of this group and to create a new thread providing a link and description, since new threads appear in the feed.

3899386 It'll have to wait. Normal is hating on me again.

Luz

Oh my god my secret shitty groups are being found D:

wat do

3712381 Everybody have sinisters reason. Is the way of being human

Sorry...My bad :twilightblush:

I and Ether Echoes started a new group devoted to Skepticism. It is called “The Skeptics’ Guide To Equestria”. Here is a link to it:

“The Skeptics’ Guide To Equestria”

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

4067762 You could just form a thread about it. This is the group's comment section.

The rules of this group are very confusing, aren't they? :trixieshiftright:

4068050 That's why it's fun.

Sorry. I shall start a thread.

Comment posted by Eveyann deleted Feb 21st, 2015

3712381 So are there any groups out there that will make you art work?

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

4624804 I really hate posting blasphemous old groups here, but you did ask nicely, and I'd hate to leave you unsatisfied.
http://www.fimfiction.net/group/205361/art-saviors-of-fimfiction
http://www.fimfiction.net/group/208190/story-art-crusaders
http://www.fimfiction.net/group/206288/free-artists
(These are just the ones I know of. You can probably dig up more of them via the group search function.)

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

5045680 This is a comment section of the group, so anything goes. Your comment would, however, fit more in the thread it references:
http://www.fimfiction.net/group/205258/new-groups/thread/236974/new-groups-this-week-from-20160206-to-20160213

There's a new Monthly Writing Contest Group for any who want to join.

(This was not made by me.)

Classy Montly Contests

My group's about 2 weeks old, can I still advertise it here?

What should I do if I wanted to ask for advice about creating groups, such as folder-organization, forum management, advertising my groups, how to deal with story assigning if the group has a lot of stories being added to it, or how to look for moderators or additional admins?

I'm not going to ask about all of them at once, I'm just dealing with folder management right now. But would this be a good place to ask about that? if not is there a different thread for that? Would It be alright if I made my own thread about that without advertising my group right away, or should I go ahead and post the group in question that I've already created?

gamexpert1990
Group Admin

I believe that this blog post might help you with a couple of your questions, though it's a year old by now. :twilightsmile:

Edit: There's also The Admin's Group group for such questions. :pinkiesmile:

This is pretty helpful for creating groups, though the one i'm creating in particular is focused on creating a library of largely clop stories for a specific character, and I have more than one way of organizing the folders that I can't quite choose between, And I'd like to ask what is the best folder organization for the group before directly advertising it.

Bad Dragon
Group Admin

Would It be alright if I made my own thread about that without advertising my group right away

That's a good idea. Creating new groups is in the spirit of this group. Your Group Creation FAQ thread would help with that. Please go ahead and create the thread. I may even pin it.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

More than a year old. The original post was from March 2016, and the blog post was my shaking the dust out of it and sharing it with a different audience!

--Sweetie Belle

Also! Thanks for showing me the Admin's Group! I made a whole bunch of groups that I really can't manage all by myself, and although nothing really fell apart into chaos and I can respond to any notifications and group activity, I'd really like to eventually find other admins for them, so I can coordinate with the themes a lot better, and hopefully foster discussion and inspiration for other stories via the forums.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

One quick piece of advice: try to make sure that it's easy to tell what goes in all the folder names at a glance for somepony new to the group and that it isn't too hard to work out whether a story belongs in a group. And if your folder structure involves the group admins shuffling a bunch of stories from one folder to others, assume that's not going to happen, and the group admins are gonna forget about it, including you.

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 48