The Last Roundup 497 members · 70 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Obselescence
Group Admin

Hi guys. In this thread you can suggest stories for next week's post on Sunday 11/30/2014.

For the upcoming post, anything published after November 16 2014 is suggestable.

There are a few suggestion guidelines we'd like y'all to follow, as listed below:

-Suggested stories MUST have been posted within two week of the upcoming post on Sunday. If we’re taking suggestions for a Sunday the 27th Feature Post, you’re free to suggest any story that was published as far back as the 13th. You may not suggest a story that was published on, say, Saturday the 12th for a Sunday the 27th post.

-Suggestions are not guaranteed to be featured. Please don’t expect that they will be, or ask us why a story you suggested didn’t get featured. We’ll put up what we put up—and I mean that in the nicest possible way. We’re not going to be able to please everyone. It’s just not possible for finite beings to accomplish. We simply ask that you don’t put us in the awkward position of attempting to do so anyway by demanding answers from us.

-Suggested stories may not be written by the suggesting user. It’s nice that you think your work’s good, and want to help get it out there—no, really, it is—but this isn’t really the place to promote yourself. There are other groups out there that you can use to promote your stories. In the meantime, focus on writing a story other people would want to suggest here, or suggest another author’s work that you really enjoyed.

Please try not to down on other peoples' suggestions. You're free to discuss what you thought of someone else's suggestion, but remember that the point of this thread is to put forth stuff that you thought was good and interesting. Not to tell people that their suggestions weren't really that good or interesting.

But other than that, if you've found a recently-posted story that you thought was interesting/good/enjoyable, be sure to suggest it here and we'll be sure to check it out!

So far all the fics in my feed during this timeframe are the first chapters of longer fics -- those are acceptable, right?

The only thing I really want to suggest is CDRW's Queen, a first chapter that ends on a great hook. CDRW's been on a pretty big updating kick recently, but Muffin Slices and Voodoo are a little too old for this week's post.

Csquared08
Group Admin

I just wish he'd go back to A Still More Glorious Dawn Awaits :(

Intern by GaPJaxie.

Intern

Ant Mill is a college student, stuck in a dead-in internship she took just to fulfill her requirements. All she does is doodle and wish she was somewhere else, but when she has a chance encounter with the Princess of Friendship herself, she gains a new perspective.

This is its first paragraph:

Once upon a time, there was a pegasus pony named Ant Mill. Or, well, a changeling named Ant Mill. Because sure, technically she was biologically a pony but her dad was a changeling and she grew up in the hive and she super identified with changeling culture and even got a tattoo on her legs to make it look like they had holes but everypony just thought she was dappled and she tried to explain but they all assumed she was a changeling in a pony form and were all “But if you’re a shapeshifter why not look like somepony pretty?” and then she’d get super angry and they’d realize they messed up and sure they’d say sorry but it would just be really awkward which didn’t help anything because frankly she already had a lot of self-esteem issues.

Saddles by RainbowBob.

Saddles

Ivan is just your everyday type of guy. Middle-aged, balding, Eastern European, grew up in harsh and merciless communism, and took to smoking three packs of cigarettes a day since childhood, washing it down with vodka as well. When he heard about the great opportunities the magical land of Equestria were offering, he got one of the first green cards there and opened up shop in Ponyville. A saddle shop, to be specific, where he sells saddles and saddle accessories.
Why ponies buy saddles, Ivan doesn't know, and when he finds out, he'd like very much to go back to not knowing.

This is its second paragraph:

Ivan whistled a happy tune from the old country (its origins were in beating gypsy beggars on the streets but had now become a bedtime song mothers would sing to their children and drunks would sing to each other) as he prepared his knife to remove the outer layer of flesh from the nearly done leather. But first, there was a customer at the front desk.

Title:My Little Pony: Bizarre Adventures - Part 1: Ponyville Central
Author: LateBronyWriter
Genre: (Adventure), (Comedy),(AU),(Crossover)
Description: It's a story about psychic ponies discovering trying to recover a mythical artifact which can bend time and space, while they try and learn the truth behind it's origins.
Why do you feel it should be in this group? It's a well written story that reads well land has some pretty hilarious moments as well. I also though that the action scenes were pretty good and the character's 'Stand Powers' were an awesome addition to the story.
Name two things you like about the story: One thing that i kind like about it is that the story has longer chapters really seem to get the character's moods right. And the second thing that i like about it is that the story does a good job at being really serious and tense one moment and very funny and entertaining the next.
Is there anything else you'd like to say about the story?: I personally know the writer, so he sent it to me so that i would read it over and i actually liked it. Now i'm putting his story up here, not because he's my friend but because i actually believe that other people would like it too if they would give it a chance.

And since everybody's doing it, here's the first few paragraphs.

“Long, long ago in the magical land of Equestria, the three pony tribes lived in harmony with one another. Escaping the destruction of their homeland the three races of ponies, the pegisi, the unicorns and the earth ponies, lived in tumultuous but lasting harmony. All of this changed with the coming of Discord. It is not known where this monster arose or how he possessed such frightful powers that allowed him to bend the order of the world itself to suit his will. What is known is that he possessed a resentment and hatred for pony kind that eclipsed any other. For a hundred years this creature perpetually tormented the ponies of Equestria with wanton chaos, and the ponies of Equestria despaired.

However all was not lost for there arose two sisters who drew forth power form the very heavens. It is not recorded where these goddesses came from or who they were before, but it is known that they were the ones to finally stand up to Discord’s madness. One drew fourth power from the moon at night and another drew it forth from the sun at dawn. However even their great powers were unable to defeat him alone. And so in order to quell the madness that was Discord, the sisters harnessed the powers of a sacred relic, THE RED STONE OF AJA. With its holy power the sisters were finally able to destroy Discord and reestablish a civilization for the three races of ponies.

However this peace would not last, for evil can find refuge in even the purest of hearts. The younger sister who controlled the night, slowly grew jealous of her sister who controlled the day. Her elder sister was beloved by all and could do no wrong, while she was treated with suspicion and fear. The ponies of the world revered her as a saint for her ability to control the power of the Red Stone of Aja, while they looked down on her younger sister for her inability to tap directly into its infinite powers. “Only Celestia, Goddess of the sun can control the power of the stone, why should we show our respect for her little sister, the Goddess of the night?”

Consumed by her hatred and jealousy for her sister the princess of the night drew upon the darkest magic and transformed herself into a wicked mare of darkness, Nightmare Moon. Threatening to bathe the land in perpetual night and destroy all life, the eldest sister was forced to use the power of the Stone against her own sister, sealing her away in the moon. For the next thousand years the eldest sister Celestia, would rule the land of Equestria with fairness and mercy establishing a lasting peace that spanned for one thousand years.

But behind the one thousand years of peace that has blossomed in Equestria, a dark malevolence flourishes; a hatred has festered in the dark corners of the world now sets its sights on pony kind once again. A dark shadow of a cursed destiny begins to bring the peaceful land of Equestria to ruin and wash away all that pony kind holds dear. Will a hero emerge that can challenge this as of yet corrupted destiny? Will pony kind prevail against this dark hatred that seeks to destroy it? Or will this dark curse destroy everything, wiping away the future?"

"This is the story of those who sought to challenge fate itself and secure a lasting peace not built on the strength of their magic, but on the strength of their hearts.”

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5