NaNoWriMo 2014 77 members · 15 stories
Comments ( 27 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 27
Foals Errand
Group Admin

Hi! Welcome! pull up a computer! I'm sure you brought your own!
I'm Foals Errand! Lovely to meet you all! Tell me a little about yourself possibly even a bit about the story you plan to write?

Here's mine!
I'm Foals Errand, please call me Erran. Author of Mother, What if God Were One of Us, Starving and several others. I love writing, and you can always contact me here, or on skype. Foals Errand.

Sol Invictus
Twilight, can't get the history of her marefriend out of her head, and in trying to learn more, is transported to the far past. To a time when her Tia, was known as Queen Invictus.

3627371 If you're using Latin as your story title which I'm sure you are, then it would be Sol Invicta since Celestia is a female. Just a little nitpicking thing I have when I see people using Latin incorrectly. Sorry if that offended you. :twilightblush:

Foals Errand
Group Admin

Changed to Sol Invicta :twilightsmile:

Hiya! I'm ToixStory, best known around here for Freeze Frame, Out of Touch, and never finishing what I start! I've done NaNoWriMo three times before and won every time, so I anticipate winning this year as well, which I'm very excited for! My story is titled The Grand War and has a blurb:

In a time unlike our own, in which history took a very different course, the world stands on the brink of war. Holy Germania, an autocratic empire spanning the width and breadth of central Europe, has surrounded the world's largest democracy, Ruthenia, with enemies to break the Slavic nation before it can surpass Germania in power and prestige. Only Britain and her allies on the other side of Europe can put a stop to a war that quickly spirals out of control as the vast mechanical arsenals of both sides crash against each other in a tidal wave of death and destruction.

In the middle of the chaos and bloodshed are ordinary individuals: soldiers, airmen, sailors, spies, and civilians whose lives will be forever changed by the events that transpire. For once the Grand War has begun, it is unlikely to stop anytime soon, and it is all one can hope for to simply survive this new and terrifying war.

3738643 I just get a little obsessive over Latin being used incorrectly since I'm fluent in it:twilightblush:

Foals Errand
Group Admin

... Really shoot i'll have to ask you to help me next time I do one of my spells!

3738746 Feel free to ask any time you need to, I'll be happy to help

I'm ThatOneWriter! I'm best known for... my ScootaBelle stories, I guess? My stories aren't really super popular.

I'm working on an adventure comedy called Octavia, Accidental Badflank. I think the description I made while discussing it on Skype sums it up best:

Octavia is mixed up with a spy, but she doesn't want to be a spy. She's trained as a spy anyway. All the other spies, except the partner she's assigned, are taken out, so Tavi has to save the day in her clumsy, unprofessional way.

Also probably some kissy pones in there somewhere.

Comment posted by tigerlover6295 deleted Nov 1st, 2014

3627371 so, I created an account last month, did that register me?

Hi, I'm BLame and this is my first time writing anything of this kind of length, although I've always enjoyed reading and writing and have written on a few occasions and on a far smaller scale in the past. I've elected to aim for around 40,000 words at least to begin with, just to be a bit more realistic about what I could perhaps manage, although if I comfortably reach that, I'll certainly go further.

I'm writing an actiony sci-fi story set nearly six thousand years in the future about a well known (in the setting of course) hero who is renowned for hunting down bad guys and saving the worlds belonging to the New Equestrian Federation by tackling them head on. Expect lots of over the top action and comic violence, inspired by stuff like the A-Team and Saturday morning cartoons/TV among other things.

Truth be told I'm already kind of stalling at the starting line, been sat at the keyboard for the past couple of hours tripping over myself as I try to decide how I want to word things, and probably making it all harder for myself than I needed to. I knew I'd be out of practice, but I didn't imagine it'd be this bad. Maybe 40,000 might be a bit ambitious afterall.

Eitherway, it's only Day 1 so I've got time to crack on and get it done. Really looking forward to hopefully having to show for myself by the end of the month, and to see what everyone else has come up with.

Wish my story writing was as easy as putting this post together...

Anyhow, cheers!

Hi, I'm Fluttercheer! I'm also known as CMC_Scootaloo on Equestria Daily.
It's the first time that I'm participating in the NaPoWriMo and I want to write thirty short stories over the course of November.
My goal is to write 60,000 words, spread over thirty stories with 2,000 words each.
I have no plan for these stories, so I will just write what comes to mind.
But the first one for today is already laid out in my head and since Nightmare Night was just yesterday I thought "Why not something scary?" so expect a little horror story with Twilight, Applebloom and the undead for today. :pinkiehappy:

Hi, I'm Isabella! For NaPoWriMo I'm writing a slice-of-life about Derpy, Lyra, and Octavia, which can be found here: http://www.fimfiction.net/story/226366/the-adventures-of-derpy-lyra-and-octavia I've spent Day 1 typing outside in 30F degree weather with the rule that I couldn't go inside until Chapter 1 was finished. I don't know if that's the healthiest way to go about things, but with over 2,600 words on my first day, it's certainly effective!

Hi, I'm Soaring! For NaNoWriMo, I'm writing an adventure with a crack ship pairing being the focus. The idea is simple:

Voyage

Twilight is called upon by Celestia to do a task that she cannot do while handling the festivities of the Grand Galloping Gala. With the help of Chief of Royal Affairs (Fleur de Lis), the two set off to complete the task of becoming allies with the Kingdom of Basarde: a kingdom that shares some similar values and truths that Equestria does. Only, they have a few problems: the weather; the Kingdom of Aslan, which is an even more worrisome kingdom that targets those of which are alicorns; and the terrain, both land and sea. This is the struggle of Twilight Sparkle and her soon-to-be lover Miss Fleur de Lis as they try to stay alive in the wilderness and of the kingdoms that fight. Hopefully they'll survive.

Or Miss Marshmallow here won't be happy.

By the way, that's the long description.

Hello! I'm WezaQ, and this would be my first time doing NaNoWriMo, as well as first time actually attempting to write out one of my non-oneshots.
I have a few stories, my first (An Oath) actually made it into Twilight's Library somehow.

I'm starting with just a basic concept, rather than trying to write one of my already somewhat planned out "masterpieces" :pinkiecrazy:

A group a three ponies, having suffered greatly over their lives, have decided to fix the world. How? By a good old fashioned "changing of the guards." In this case, they intend to remove the gods of Equis, returning power to the common pony/griffon/zebra/whatever. Unfortunately, their methods involve killing the gods off. Twilight and friends must embark a quest to save the world, and avenge the fallen, but it won't be as easy as they suspect.

In this case the gods include Alicorns, Discord, and more.

3627371 Hi. I'm Froggie. This is my first time participating in NaNoWriMo (or any writing event like this, really) so be gentle forgive me if I screw up somewhere. Here's a bit about the story I plan to write:

Absolute Zero

short description: After she does something very, very bad, Lightning Dust runs away. Minuette and Roseluck have a murder to solve.
long description: Lightning Dust used to be happily married. She shared a strong bond with her wife, and life was good.

That is, until she caught her wife in bed with another mare. For the second time.

And now, her wife and her wife's lover are dead and Lightning Dust is running.

Roseluck receives a call from her friend Minuette.

Minuette asks if Roseluck can help solve a double homicide. Just like old times.

Roseluck accepts.

Hi, I'm Drac0nic. Or Justin if you want a name. I co-write the comic book for the Colossal Kaiju Combat franchise from Sunstone games.

I haven't posted anything of mine because most of my writing has been work-related recently. With NaNo I aim to correct that and actually finish my Pony stories.

What I'm doing is to be part of a larger saga I hope to introduce as I get all the key players developed. It's called the Dissonance of Harmony.

In music harmony is a group of notes that sound well well together. Dissonance are those notes which seem to crash and conflict with one another. I had a University instructor who created an offbeat way to take dissonant notes and use them to support harmonic notes. This created a more unique style of harmony.

With my stories I want to take some misfit characters and blend them together where they learn that oddballs and seemingly contrasting ponies can still find friendship.

Sunset's Sunrise introduces Princess Sunset Shimmer. She returns to Equestria seeking forgives but learns a secret and that she is not alone in the consequences of her choices. (She's not an alicorn).

Trix of the Trade introduces the not so Great and Powerful Trixie Lulamoon. With the help of an odd shopkeeper and finding friendship, she learns that real power comes from within.

Nostos introduces a new character, Eclipse. After fifteen years spent at Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns, this earth pony returns home to Ponyville to discover that being himself is what's needed to truly find friendship.

See you all as we travel this journey together. Good Luck!

NaN

Hi, I'm Decoupled and probably best known for absolutely nothing. I'm working on a story I thought about for a while and I'm now using NaNoWriMo as an excellent excuse to start writing. I haven't settled on any word count, but if the first two chapters are anything to go by, I'll neither finish within November nor will 50k words be enough. What have I gotten myself into?

Hi everyone! I decided to be weird and do some anthro EqG stuff (damnit). The premise is quite complex: Sunset Shimmer writes a rock opera titled The World Spectrum with the rest of her band Sunrise about the time she was at Canterlot U. Even though all of the Rainbooms went with her, the band split up when Sunset tried to exert too much artistic control over the band; her returning ego clashed with human Rainbow's. This precipitates the formation of Sunrise as well as a hard rock outfit called Dash, and the other four find their loyalties split between the two bands. To make things worse, human Twilight shows up, oblivious to the fact that pony Twilight has appeared to them twice before. I think the most I can say about what follows, since I haven't exactly thought about it yet, is that things get a lot darker, apocalyptic stuff happens, and other notable characters appear. Each chapter represents a track from the album.

The framing device continues somewhat independently in the meantime - it'll probably be a non-linear look at the album at various points in time. Yesterday I did 1688 words worth (according to the NaNoWriMo validator) of an interview with Sunset Shimmer as The World Spectrum nears release (on the 30th November, no less).

The World Spectrum
Sunset Shimmer, the leading visionary of the renowned progressive rock band Sunrise, speaks to Fodder's Ready magazine about their upcoming album, 'The World Spectrum', and the tale of disaster and ruination that inspired its production.

What's below was my long description that I wrote on Halloween, but I've since decided that it's too long so I've put it in the fic itself:

An extract from the liner notes of progressive rock band Sunrise's upcoming album The World Spectrum:

Dear Sunset Shimmer,

Before I continue I want to congratulate you for writing and recording yet another wonderful, personal and above all honest creative statement in The World Spectrum. I'm not one to make grand sweeping statements, but I'm certain anyone listening to Sunrise's album will agree that you were a master of not only taste and sensibility but also of expression and individuality when you assembled together these somber tones and words. Indeed, the way in which you bring this story of ours to life is, dare I say it, magical.

When you first told me that you were making TWSp (won't that initialism give too much away?), I was worried that, after everything that happened, it would have been wrong to make an enterprise out of it. But then you invited me to the studio and showed me exactly what you were doing. Now, you and I both know that music isn't in my blood, so discovering the power of your music, to express the feelings that nopony [sic] can in words took me aback. I never realised how much even the seemingly minor events like the band feuds had affected you, not just the apocalyptic ones. Indeed, you've shown a side of Sunset Shimmer that many years ago you would have tried to lock away; like you sang so movingly on Inside (and I hope for your sake it was a metaphor), your "flesh cage swung open". Being able to look back at yourself for what you were, no matter how ugly it was, is probably one of the bravest things anypony [sic] [editor's note - Sunset insists we keep these typos in. Why?] can do. And that was what justified the album to me.

There's no doubt that these are probably the strangest liner notes your fans will ever read from the strangest story they will ever hear. When they listen to the tale of the sacrifices you made and the hardships you suffered to protect both our worlds, they might ignore the part that says "autobiographical" and claim that it's only a metaphor, or that you were dreaming, or that you wrote it on something. But I, sitting in my fancy castle having Spike pen this letter to you, believe you. The friends we both share believe you. We were there, after all.

And as far as I understand your artistic intention, that's all that matters.

Your faithful equal,
[A princess from a not-so-far away land]

Let's just say that this is a step up from my Dr Seuss poem :rainbowlaugh:

Hi everyone. This is gonna be my first attempt at a nano as well as fanfic. Kinda expect this to go horrible but day one has gone well.

Either way plot was: (can't figure out formatting on my phone)

A young man deals with the consequences of his brash action, as he also has to get use to life in a new town, a new world and a new body. Fortunately for him he has a few good friends to help him out along the way.

Hi everypony my name is Starlight Song and this is going to be my first attempt at writing a novel in a month. My novel is When The World Is Gone. I would appreciate all the help I can get in writing this story and give good tips to help this story get better.

Here is the Plot: Twilight Sparkle can't remember the last few years of her life. She can only remember slivers and jumbled messes of memories, but she can only remember the ponies who helped her learn how to fight for survival and keep her out of the Sirens clutches.

Together Twilight Sparkle and her friends will fight to return their beloved town of Equestria back to normalcy.

But they have to deal with problems in their way: everyone is against them. They can't trust their family or their friends, but they must stop the three Sirens named: Sonata Dusk, Aria Blaze, and Adagio Dazzle before they try to take over more parts of the world before its too late.

Foals Errand
Group Admin

My plot bunny decided to run away but I have found a new one!

A Mother, Remembered

On their six month anniversary Twilight and Celestia were enjoying themselves when a power surge drew their attention to the tree of Harmony. To their shock and horror the second they arrived the tree began to glow so brightly they were forced to turn away. When they were able to see once more there were two fillies asleep under the tree both had wings and a horn. Not sure what else to do Celestia lifted the fillies onto her back and once she climbed the stairs followed by Twilight she was very glad they were on her back and not in her magic. The Palace of the Royal Pony Sisters was gone and the Everfree Forest was bright filled with the sounds of bird's singing.

Twilight and Celestia stared at each other in shock. It was apparent they sure weren't in Equestria anymore.

Hello, my name is Storybook Vision. This is going to be my first story that I've ever written on here, so I'm very nervous.:fluttershyouch: I don't know exactly what my story will be about. Here is what I do know: the main protagonist will be a male, the antagonist will be Twilight. I'm trying to get a 1984/dystopian feel to the fic. It will have cloning in it. It will ask the question: Why there are more females then males in MLP. Any help or guidance will be greatly appreciated!:twilightsmile:

Hi, I'm Suspect. Long time super-casual writer, newish fan-fic reader, first-time fan-fic and novel writer. Same boat as you, Storybook Vision, kind of nervous. I don't usually consider my stuff good enough to publish, but got to start somewhere! Here's the prompt I submitted to Equestria Daily:

A Daring Legacy
Selfless heroism and reckless exploration runs in the family. Hundreds of years before Daring Do, there was Daring Thought.

Hey-o Brimstone here ^^
First time I have ever actually written things before. Some people say I have a knack for it but I tend to disagree. Anyways I missed the submission date for EQD as I wasn't sure whether or not to go for it. But in the end I decided to go for it and try it out.

Falling Upwards
Brimstone cannot wait to get into the Wonderbolt Academy! What fun adventures await for him in this institution for the wingedly gifted? But what about the ancient civilization of the Crystal Empire? Brimstone decides to inquire further when he finds a strange book in the Cloudsdale Library.

Im glad that I'm not the only one. Thanks Suspect!:twilightsheepish:

I'm YoungQuillMaster, I refuse to introduce myself...

The Great Conspiracy went surprising well... for a book I got the idea for over six months ago and put on the back burner for all this time.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 27