Sonata Dusk 1,429 members · 640 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Cryosite
Group Admin

This policy will be enforced in this group as well.

Do not put spoilers, including names, of unaired content in thread titles or you'll be banned. Tag threads where you intend to discuss any unaired content with or some other easily identifiable Title. Failure to follow this will result in corrective actions I deem fit. "Detention" in this case means a temporary ban if I feel that is the corrective action needed. "Suspension" means a significantly lengthier ban.

At the time of this post, "Equestria Girls 3" is unaired content. You may put that codename in thread titles. If the actual name of the movie becomes known, do not put it in thread titles.

Why not use this at our leisure?

Jondor
Group Admin

Because that is not sufficient for separating spoiler content from non-spoiler content. It hides only text, not embedded content.

The rules have been stated and are expected to be followed. I advise you not to make an example of yourself.

4028017 Trust me when I say that I would do no such thing.

Cryosite
Group Admin

I look at it this way. If you're the sort of person who wants to discuss spoilers, you should be able to. If you mark your thread a spoiler thread, no need to hide text, and you can embed content as you see fit. Speculate, hype, rave, or complain to your heart's content.

Some other people may not want to be spoiled. They too use this group, and should be able to enter in and participate in threads that are not spoilery without fear that someone tried to use bbcode and failed, or tried to apply spoiler tags to an image and failed, or so on. Simply tagging threads as spoiler threads and letting all-in in those places while keeping non-spoiler threads clean of spoilers is the best solution to make both sorts of people happy. It also gets rid of squabbles over what does and doesn't count as a spoiler, which is simply one of the most tiresome and asinine conversations I never want to have ever again.

I dislike having to spell out rules. You'll notice I have none listed on the front page of any group I make. I don't tend to make rules threads. I operate under the premise that as long as people are treating each other alright and not breaking site rules, I generally don't need to explain things in any more detail. The problem with the spoiler policy is that it isn't "common sense" to most people. Most people I've found are either assholes, or meekly accept that other people are assholes and just quietly try to avoid entire websites/groups where spoilers are not strictly policed. I want to try to make the place pleasant for everyone, and to have people be more mindful of what they post in terms of spoilers.

4028255 I'm sorry if I came off as one of those people, I just wanted to make sure was all.

Cryosite
Group Admin

Your question was a legitimate one, nothing to be sorry about. I am simply seeking to make this as clear as possible so that everyone can enjoy what they enjoy with as little conflict as possible.

unaired content

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8