Sonata Dusk 1,429 members · 640 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17
Jondor
Group Admin

In an effort to keep the group forum from becoming too cluttered, this will be a thread dedicated to Sonata-related story ideas.

However, before you just start tossing out random ships or whatever, I strongly urge you to go read this blog post.

A part of me had the idea of the Dazzlings meeting Bill Cipher, but it seemed too lacking.

3731335 Ah, bummer. Part of the appeal of this group just got shot down for me. I honestly prefer ideas to have their own threads, as it allows a wider range of people to offer opinions on them since they receive a notification of the thread. Ah well. As long as no one comes up with a Discussion Thread and we are no longer allowed to make individual threads to discuss headcanon and world-building, it should be fine.

Jondor
Group Admin

It's a matter of space vs. attention. Having a large number of individual threads takes up quite a bit of space and promotes thread necromancy, but allows notifications (which can be good or bad, depending).

Having a small number of specialized threads takes much less space and keeps things more on topic, but limits notifications (which again, can be good or bad),

Story idea threads tend to generate a mere handful of comments and then get buried. Headcanon discussion threads are, quite honestly, not far behind in terms of turnover.

Speaking personally, I use the Dashboard much more than I look at group thread notifications. It allows me to see at a quick glance what conversation threads are active. In groups where random threads get posted with annoying frequency, I am not likely to remain a member because of the clutter.

3731406 Eh. We operate differently, I guess.

Okay, so Sonata Dusk inherits like a million dollars, but first she had to become a professional dancer or stay in a spooky house or something.

3731534 Cue the Scooby Doo chase scenes :derpytongue2::rainbowlaugh:

Alright then.

Merill from Dragon Age

Steps through her Eluvian

And meets Dusk.

The two adorably naive girls then proceed to have a discussion, continuously misunderstanding each other, and becoming friends.

Okay, here's an idea:

In Equestria, Sirens are basically seaponies. A civilization of aquatic equines who are in charge or maintaining the ocean and all the creatures in it. Their jobs include things like making sure the tides come in (the moon doesn't affect the tides, it's all done by horsepower), making waves crash on the land to make sand, farming plankton on the surface of the water to feed all the other ocean creatures, digging up soil from the bottom of the ocean to help with the farming (a pretty unglamorous job that's often done by sirens in a deep dark trench where the sun doesn't shine... basically a punishment job for failures), or using their singing to hypnotize and control the sea creatures.

Their civilization covers about 3/4ths of the planet and is run by a Queen along with however many lesser lords and ladies and whatever who split up the underwater area and bicker amongst eacheother for power.

The Dazzles are quite literally small fish in a huge pond and it's clear that whatever their ambitions, there are going to be hundreds of other sirens out there ready to take their jobs and it's likely the trio would have been stuck in some unappealing jobs.

So, Sonata and the others got their flippers on some magic that let them take the forms of ponies so they could explore the land and use their talents to get fame and power. The others want to take over the world or fill it with chaos, Sonata just wants to hang out with them and enjoy the ride.

The actual story could have the Dazzles finding a way to either return home (like, just walk back through the portal in the statue by the school) or to return to their original seapony bodies while still on Earth. As seaponies they would get all of their powers back, but they would be unable to walk around as humans. Plus, depending on if they would return to Equestria or stay on Earth, they would either have to face a trial for their past deeds and return to life in the ocean doing work, or they would have to stay on Earth living as lonely sea creatures hypnotising fish and occasionally messing with sailors.

Alternately, Sonata finds a way to get back to Equestria... and she does it by poking the statue every day for years until she hits the "Once every thirty moons" thing and feels the portal open up. For laughs, it turns out she did all this centuries ago when Starswirl the Bearded first banished them... she just decided to wait on Earth until they invented tacos before even attempting to get back home.

That, or they got banished and Sonata spent years poking the statue to get back home... and when she did manage to get back to Equestria it was being taken over by Discord and she said "Nope, I'm staying our of this." and went back. Then she did the same thing later and saw Nightmare Moon in action and decided against it. Sonata just keeps checking that statue but every time it opens up, she finds Equestria is being invaded and decides to stay on Earth.

sonata loses her living quarters starts to work for the cakes and falls in love with sunset

Tennis Match Fan
Group Contributor

3731335 Sonata Dusk Goes Shopping. A random/comedy fic where Sonata picks out bad clothes that nearly fall of during the Battle of the Bands.

Had an idea for a story today. For realizes! :eeyup:
I'm putting my Sonata redemption story on hold for right now, and I wanna start work on this new one.
I got the idea thinking about unlikely roommates, and I thought of Maryke Hendrikse (My favorite voice actor) and the characters she's voiced. So I want Sonata Dusk & Gilda to be my odd couple and get into all sorts of crazy adventures and random shenanigans. Polar opposites always make for laughs (Hopefully I can deliver them).
Still deciding if this should take place either in pony world or the EG world. Please by all means let me know which I should do.

Maybe something about evil Sonata? Where she betrays her sisters or Humane7 for example?

For my own idea, perhaps where Sonata Dusk and Pinkie Pie both realize how much they have in common with and convince the Mane Five and Sunset Shimmer she's different from Adiago and Aria and that she can be good. But soon afterwards to prove she's got a kind heart, she has to prove she's changed by doing a random amount of tasks and good deeds. One including a charity fundraiser by working at Taco Bell just for the fun of it. :ajsmug:

I all of a sudden want someone to write that. BADLY.

4270454 I'll definitely read it :twilightsmile::moustache:

Tennis Match Fan
Group Contributor

BABY SONATA AND CHICK GILDA :rainbowkiss:

MAKE IT HAPPEN!

So this is a thought that has been on my mind awhile now but. Why has there not been a story where Principal Celestia not long after the battle of the bands runs into a Homeless Sonata (and maybe the other sirens too) and takes her in? I am honestly surprised such a story has not been written yet. I mean If there can be stories where Sunset Shimmer is adopted by Principal Celestia, why not Sonata?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17