Golden Oak Book Club 205 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12
Cerulean Voice
Group Admin

A very small listing this time. I feel like we've been losing steam since Toix left. Are you guys still up for keeping this going?
Anyway, here they are. Bad, what was your suggestion going to be? Feel free to add it and edit this post afterward.

As of this thread's posting, you have three days to vote for a story. Reminders that voting can be done by commenting in this thread here, or by PMing either Bad_Seed_72 or I if you desire to have a secret ballot. You may only vote for one story, and may only vote if you are a member. Up or downvoting a comment adds or takes no weight from said vote; if you support someone's vote, leave a comment.

The stories to vote on are:

#1 The Phoenix Foal by Sir Barton

Rainbow Dash, the greatest flyer to ever come out of Cloudsdale, was actually foaled in little old Ponyville, or was she even foaled at all?
In the original version of MLP:FiM there was no Rainbow Dash. There was Firefly instead, but due to some legalities problems the character was cosmetically changed and renamed Rainbow Dash.
This is an fanfic adaptation of that transition based on material posted online from excerpts of interviews by Fyre Fly (Lauren Faust) herself.

[Tragedy] [Sad] [Slice of Life]

#2 The Mare Who Once Lived on the Moon by MrNumbers

In a world of brass and steam, Twilight Sparkle had thought she had made a life-changing discovery with the invention of the telescope.
In a very real sense, she was correct.
Now her discovery has not only changed her life, but the lives of those she seeks out in her desperate attempt to contact the only other creature as lonely as Twilight herself.
It all would have been much simpler, but it had to be the one Twilight could only call The Mare on the Moon.
Decidedly not within walking distance, then.

[Romance] [Slice of Life] [Alternate Universe]

#3 The Monster in the Twilight by Georg

We all know the story of how the Princess’ young student and five friends defeated Nightmare Moon, and brought Princess Luna back to our lands. But what if the tale were false? What if the young Twilight Sparkle on the event of her entrance exam had not been rescued by Princess Celestia, but instead lost her mind among the power of her youthful surge, and had to be sent away, far away before she could destroy all of Canterlot with her newfound power. Now the feral unicorn prowling the Everfree Forest only vaguely remembers her past, slipping away from constant terrifying attempts to capture her.
And she is beginning to remember what true power felt like.

[Sad] [Adventure] [Alternate Universe]

Happy voting! Wheeeee!

I'm gonna vote for The Phoenix Foal.

The Mare Who Once Lived On The Moon, that is my vote.

Majin Syeekoh
Group Contributor

The Monster in Twilight.

The Mare Who Once Lived on the Moon gets my vote. :twilightsmile:

The Mare Who Once Lived on the Moon

#3.
(I really need to finish reading that fic.)

The Mare Who Once Lived on the Moon

Bad_Seed_72
Group Admin

No worries, CV, I'll suggest it next time. :twilightsmile: (I'm not quite finished analyzing it myself yet, lol.)

I vote Mare Who Once Lived On The Moon!

VOTE FOR MR. NUMBERS!

It's like a mindgasm of steam and science! :D

I'm gonna vote for #2 The Mare Who Once Lived on the Moon by MrNumbers

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12