Golden Oak Book Club 205 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17
Cerulean Voice
Group Admin

The time has come, once again. Epic, or one-shot? Comedic premise, or dark and gloomy? Let's see. Five stories await your judgement below.

As of this thread's posting, you have three days to vote for a story. Reminders that voting can be done by commenting in this thread here, or by PMing either Bad_Seed_72 or I if you desire to have a secret ballot. You may only vote for one story, and may only vote if you are a member. Up or downvoting a comment adds or takes no weight from said vote; if you support someone's vote, leave a comment.

The stories to vote on are:

#1 My Little Economy: Economics is Science by mylittleeconomy

Princess Celestia is the world's most powerful economist, and Twilight Sparkle is her most promising student. But when Twilight is sent to Ponyville to oversee preparations for the summer solstice celebration, she will have her hoofs full trying to make friends and save the world from a thousand years of bad monetary policy. Along the way, she might learn an important lesson or two about economics.

[Comedy]

#2 A World Without Kindness by billymorph

The war between Nightmare Moon and Princess Celestia has destroyed Equestria, leaving the few survivors to struggle to survive in a dying world of eternal twilight. Fluttershy, twisted by the war, now ekes out an existence in Everfree forest, but even that life is under threat. Twilight Sparkle is coming, leading the last army of Dawn, and she will let nothing stop her from retrieving the Elements of Harmony and saving the world; not even old friends.

[Sad] [Dark] [Adventure] [Alternate Universe]

#3 Whom the Princesses Would Destroy by GhostOfHeraclitus

To Twilight Sparkle and Princess Celestia, it is a simple surprise visit to Canterlot. To the ponies of the Equestrian Civil Service, it is twenty-four hours of chaos, politics, weaponized dessert, politics, underhooved manipulation of media, politics, and things batrachian and tentacular. Who said bureaucracy isn't exciting?

[Comedy] [Slice of Life]

#4 Twilight's Library by Ocalhoun

Twilight struggles to find meaning in the universe, which most ponies call 'the Library'.

[Crossover]

#5 Injuring Eternity by Monochromatic

For Twilight Sparkle, the increased lifespan that came with princesshood had forced her to outlive most of her beloved friends.
Centuries later, even after trying quite hard to move on, the alicorn will succumb to her innermost desire to time-travel and see her friends one last time, particularly the silver unicorn who had stolen her heart .
Twilight had only hoped to take a quick trip just to see them from afar-- no talking to anypony or meddling with time. Of course, things never always went quite as Twilight wanted, and what she thought would be a harmless short trip would turn out to be much, much more than that.
She would learn, thanks to Rarity, that centuries could be lived in but a single day.

[Romance] [Sad]

That's all, folks! Happy voting!

I say A World Without Kindness. I doubt I'm the only one who was gonna read it anyway...

I vote for Twilight's Library by ocalhoun. That story will blow your guys' minds!

4144709 I've said it a million times: You need to review It Takes A Village by determamfidd. I won't stop bothering you about it.

Cerulean Voice
Group Admin

Hey, I'll get there eventually. But it's irrelevant to this thread.

4144862 Maybe, but I'm not afraid to let my concerns known. Because I remember way back in the day when you had a rather large list of stories to review, and it was on the list.

Anywho, I'll take my irrelevance elsewhere now, but you haven't heard the last from me! :rainbowdetermined2:

Cerulean Voice
Group Admin

Not even gonna vote for a story that's actually here?
I thought you said you were the pretty one :fluttercry:

4144889 I am the pretty one. :raritywink:

But alas, these stories don't seem particularly interesting (that does not mean of poor quality however), and I feel voting for a story would give discredit if it's not something I would normally recommend reading.

However, since you asked nicely... Twilight's Library. The author is a really cool guy and I know he's written decent stuff in the past.

A World Without Kindness.

4144709 A World Without Kindness
It was a close one, though. #5 really caught my interest as well.

I'll throw my hat in and say #5. :raritywink:

My Little Economy: Economy is Science, I guess.

Cerulean Voice
Group Admin

I vote for A World Without Kindness. I cannot resist the lure of best pony hybrid.

Well, since my suggestion seems out of the race already anyway, I'll vote for My Little Economy. Hooray for opportunism.

Injuring Eternity

I'll cast my vote for Injuring Eternity

i think I'll cast my vote for... Twilight's Library by Ocalhoun

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17