Golden Oak Book Club 205 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21
Cerulean Voice
Group Admin

Cool. We have nine nominations this time, with a seemingly heavy focus on adventure. Are people up for a good old romp through uncharted territory? Or perhaps a romantic feel good tale? Let's find out!

As of this thread's posting, you have three days to vote for a story. Reminders that voting can be done by commenting in this thread here, or by PMing either ToixStory or I if you desire to have a secret ballot. You may only vote for one story, and may only vote if you are a member. Up or downvoting a comment adds or takes no weight from said vote; if you support someone's vote, leave a comment.

The suggestion thread can be found here, and the stories to vote on are:

#1 The Sparkling Reflection of Princess Rarity by The Gweat and Powaful Twixie

It was a needlessly poetic gesture, but Rarity positioned herself so that the tear would fall on Sweetie Belle.
“I love you, little sister. Be good, and I promise to join you soon.”
The night after Rarity buys a dead soul gem, something deep inside it sparkles to life. The next day, a pony is taken somewhere grey to await their death because of her selfishness. With the help of the mysterious rock, Rarity enters a world of reflections to save the one she loves the most.
So begins Rarity’s fantastic journey.

[Romance] [Tragedy] [Adventure]

#2 When Two Hearts are Daring by Pigeonsmall

Rainbow Dash wants the latest Daring Do. And she'll get it, even if it means sharing the only book in Cloudsdale with the biggest jerk in Cloudsdale.

[Romance] [Slice of Life]

#3 Machina by Kanzlerin Maud

A robot, constructed for a purpose that it does not understand, seeks to gain its Father's approval via whatever means it can. Following his instructions, being fit to serve, and always awake and alert. But its efforts are not enough; not suitable to fit Father's desire for a true daughter. In the end, no machine can truly substitute the depths of real emotion.
...Or is that untrue? Could feelings to a robot truly mean nothing? Or could they mean everything? What would it take to be considered... "real"?

[Sad] [Alternate Universe]

#4 Αλεκτρονα by Darf

Twilight makes a trip across town in search of something to wake her up. Sometimes awareness is where we least expect it.
Warning: Contains unnecessarily verbose, overly-complicated, inscrutably dense literary self-indulgence.

[Slice of Life]

#5 Whip and Wing by Fernin

The Medallion of Light and the Medallion of Shadow are some of the most powerful yet obscure artifacts of antiquity. Created by a now-vanished cult of assassins, the two devices together give their bearer the incredible power to walk the worlds with but a single step.

Nefarious forces are closing in on both artifacts, and very little stands in their way. Heinrich Himmler's agents covet the medallions for the greater glory of the Third Reich. Ahuizotl's simply want their master to get what's coming to him: the world, and everything in it.

With the fate of all good people and ponies in doubt, one thing's for certain: saving two worlds would be one hell of an adventure. And if adventure has a name, it must be Daring Do… or is that Indiana Jones?
Will our heroes win the day? Find out in... Daring Do and the Medallion of Shadow! Or, Indiana Jones and the Medallion of Light!

[Random] [Crossover] [Slice of Life] [Human]

#6 Dune Goddess by Prane

Princess Celestia is a proud mentor to an extraordinary filly.
That very filly has read all there was in the vast libraries of Canterlot, and is bored to death during lectures at the School for the Gifted Unicorns where she attends. She’s also destined to bear the Element of Magic, and one day, perhaps, even take Celestia’s place on the throne. She may have some rough edges, true, but Celestia is going to teach her the magic of friendship and values that are important in life.
If only Sunset Shimmer could stop sabotaging her efforts wherever they go…

[Adventure]

#7 The Sisters Doo by Ponky

Daring Do seeks a favor from her sister in Ponyville. Due to buried grudges, things quickly get out of hoof. She soon finds herself on her most perilous mission yet... with her biggest fan in the world. In the midst of truth and lies, loyalty and treachery, love and hate, one thing is clear - some family situations are stranger than fiction.

[Comedy] [Adventure]

#8 Off The Edge Of The Map by Daetrin

When Rainbow Dash's newest trick backfires spectacularly, she and Fluttershy find themselves stranded in the middle of nowhere. Together, they'll have to survive and find their way back to Equestria and Ponyville...no matter how far the journey.

[Romance] [Adventure]

#9 Let the Silence Sing by Aegis Shield

Celestia decides that Big Mac's barn is an excellent place to sneak off to, to take naps on her days off.
Big Mac decides that Celestia is a welcome guest.
Neither Princess nor farmer ever speak to one another, but the silence sings between them.

[Romance]

Hop to it, skippies!

I vote for Whip and Wing.

Majin Syeekoh
Group Contributor

I'm sticking with Machina

Sisters Doo is great, but my vote is for Dune Goddess.

Sisters Doo is the clear pick. I mean, Ponky's coming back in just over a couple weeks. The timing is perfect.

Cerulean Voice
Group Admin

I will forsake my earlier suggestion and go with The Sisters Doo

I'll be the only vote for darf, I assume.

Miss that old bastard. Terribly so.

I'm going with Whip and Wing this time.

Geez, so many great nominations...

Aaaaand I'm going to be a butt and vote for the one I nominated, Dune Goddess.

Whip and Wing.
Though the others are excellent also choices.

--Spade

All of my vote goes to Off The Edge Of The Map

I've only missed five other stories that I should have read, but I think I can make it back to reading stuff again. Anyway, I hate having to choose. I hate it so much. I know a few stories on this list already, so I'm going to have to make the hardest choice of all.

The Sisters Doo. But I'm going to read all of them, probably. Dammit all . . .

Whip and Wing, for me.

Whip and Wing/Sisters Doo.

3968039 I'm with you
Whip and Wing/Sisters Doo.

Cerulean Voice
Group Admin

Guys.
There can only be one.
Make your choice.
Pls.

Cerulean Voice
Group Admin