Golden Oak Book Club 205 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17
Cerulean Voice
Group Admin

Wow. Only six stories nominated this time, and only five of those eligible. Should make for some close voting.

As of this thread's posting, you have three days to vote for a story. Reminders that voting can be done by commenting in this thread here, or by PMing either ToixStory or I if you desire to have a secret ballot. You may only vote for one story, and may only vote if you are a member. Up or downvoting a comment adds or takes no weight from said vote; if you support someone's vote, leave a comment.

The suggestion thread can be found here, and the stories to vote on are:

#1 Cold Hearted by Europa

She is the last. All her kin are gone. They'd either been blown apart by the Friendship spell so many ages ago or, in the case of her sister, changed their diet from hate to love. Cryoxia is the last of the windigos, but she is determined to be different, to never go back to those days ever again.
She'll make friendship from hate. She'll adopt an alicorn foal as her sister. She'll take physical form and learn how to move the celestial orbs with her mind. Celestial... has a nice ring to it. And she'll ally with the other nations in the world, establish friendship and preach harmony, no matter how they may diminish her food source. She'll make a world so wonderful that it will starve her to death.
Or die trying.

[Sad] [Alternate Universe]

#2 My Little Twiny April Fools Day by Rated Ponystar

Twilight is known for many things: being the shrunken student of Princess Celestia, an adventurer, powerful magic user, avid learner and reader, and more. But one thing she's never been is a prankster. When she learns about the holiday known as "April Foals Day" she decides to take part in the holiday and prank her closest friends and family for a few good laughs.

[Comedy] [Slice of Life] [Alternate Universe]

#3 Heads in the Cloud by PresentPerfect

What is the value of a secret? What knowledge lurks forgotten in Equestria's past?
After chasing a thief from Canterlot to the desert mountains south of Equestria, Twilight and her friends are beset by tragedy. To save her friend, Twilight will have to delve Equestria's greatest secrets, and discover a truth that even she will wish she hadn't learned. When the thief's full plans come to light, will Twilight be able to save Equestria's secrets, her friend, or even herself?

[Adventure]

#4 Lulamoon's Castle by Bookish Delight

Days after Tirek's near-takeover of Equestria, The Great And Powerful Trixie travels to Ponyville, intent on settling her rivalry with Twilight Sparkle once and for all. No trinkets to fudge her abilities, no megalomania to apologize for -- just pure and simple magician's honor!
Upon her arrival, however, she quickly learns that the information she has on Ponyville -- and Twilight -- is more than a little dated.

[Slice of Life]

#5 Of Lillies and Chestnuts by Prane

In some circles Fancy Pants and his lovely wife Fleur are considered to be the most heroic duet of Canterlot. They have conquered countless social events, faced hundreds of snobbish ponies and emerged victorious from the most dire of faux pas. Truly, ballads shall be sung in honor of their bravery for generations!
However, these very heroes have recently discovered that there is something missing from their lives. Something that can't be obtained by wielding a keen edge of exquisite mannerism or showing deft expertise in charming smiles. Something that cannot be gained or achieved, but must be earned.
Something that came to them in the form of a brash, growing up filly from beyond Equestria.

[Slice of Life]

Interesting picks this time around. Not a single dark/tragedy to be seen. Welp, happy voting! :twilightsmile:

Lulamoon's castle for me. I've been meaning to read it.

I vote for Lulamoon's Castle as well.

Majin Syeekoh
Group Contributor

Of Lilies And Chestnuts

I vote for Lulamoon's Castle.

Lulamoon's Castle

Hmmm... it's a tough choice, but my vote goes to Cold Hearted.

#5 Of Lillies and Chestnuts by Prane

Of Lillies and Chestnuts.

Bookish! :D I loved that one!

Cerulean Voice
Group Admin

My call is on Cold Hearted.

It's so weird seeing my old avatar on someone else.

Memories, man.

3897250 Yeah well when I can draw a decent picture of Derpy (probably never) I'll change my avatar.

Darn. I've already read Lulamoon's castle. It was pretty good though, so I wouldn't mind a discussion about it.

Trixie's sandcastle it is!

I see I'm fighting a loosing battle here, but... Heads in the Cloud

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17