Golden Oak Book Club 205 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Cerulean Voice
Group Admin

I'm so sorry!
I forgot all about this while trying to finalise one of my own stories for Equestria Daily. Please forgive me, guys. :twilightsheepish:

Anyway, now is the time to vote for our next collective read and analysis. Here are the usual rules:
-You may not nominate a story you have written yourself at any time.
-Sensual fiction (i.e., not outright clop) can be suggested in the non-NSFW group, but must follow site rules in discussing it.
-The length cap for normal story discussion is 100,000 words, but longer stories can be discussed in the splinter discussion thread. Stories of different length will have different time limits to read them, as well.
-The reading time allotted is seven days for 50k word stories and under, while stories between 50-100k will be given up to fourteen days.

And I think I'll open the voting with Cold Hearted by Europa.

She is the last. All her kin are gone. They'd either been blown apart by the Friendship spell so many ages ago or, in the case of her sister, changed their diet from hate to love. Cryoxia is the last of the windigos, but she is determined to be different, to never go back to those days ever again.

She'll make friendship from hate. She'll adopt an alicorn foal as her sister. She'll take physical form and learn how to move the celestial orbs with her mind. Celestial... has a nice ring to it. And she'll ally with the other nations in the world, establish friendship and preach harmony, no matter how they may diminish her food source. She'll make a world so wonderful that it will starve her to death.

Or die trying.

Happy voting, everyone! Sorry again for my tardiness.

My Little Twiny April Foals Day by Rated Ponystar.

[Comedy][Slice of Life][Alternate Universe]

Twilight is known for many things: being the shrunken student of Princess Celestia, an adventurer, powerful magic user, avid learner and reader, and more. But one thing she's never been is a prankster. When she learns about the holiday known as "April Foals Day" she decides to take part in the holiday and prank her closest friends and family for a few good laughs.

Additional Note: It is a Recursive Fanfiction of Celestia's Tiny Student.

I guess I'll do this one:

Head in The Clouds
[Adventure]

What is the value of a secret? What knowledge lurks forgotten in Equestria's past?

After chasing a thief from Canterlot to the desert mountains south of Equestria, Twilight and her friends are beset by tragedy. To save her friend, Twilight will have to delve Equestria's greatest secrets, and discover a truth that even she will wish she hadn't learned. When the thief's full plans come to light, will Twilight be able to save Equestria's secrets, her friend, or even herself?

...totally copypasta-ed from thread #3

Cerulean Voice
Group Admin

That would be Heads in the Cloud.
:derpytongue2:
That said...

I blame Pav
:trixieshiftleft:
Will rec when I'm off work ;D

I'd like to happily recommend one of the finest crossovers that I've had the pleasure of reading....

My Little Titan by Tatsurou
[Romance] [Dark] [Comedy] [Crossover] [Slice of Life]

Raven of the Teen Titans has long been a closet pegasister. She was introduced to Friendship is Magic by Beast Boy and Starfire and - although she is loathe to admit it - she enjoyed it. She especially identified with the character of Twilight Sparkle. What with Twilight's enjoyment of reading, talent in magic, and unexpected but life changing friendships, it felt like Raven's own life mirrored and sugarcoated onto a world of pastel colored ponies. Even Twilight's friends reminded Raven of her own to a certain extent.
When she wakes up one morning in Twilight Sparkle's body with no idea how this happened or how to fix it, she begins to think she identified with her a little too well.
Now trapped in the plot of the series from the beginning, she has to find away to fix this, find out what happened to the real Twilight, and at the same time save all of Equestria. At least she has some friends to help, right?

Granted, I'm pretty picky about what crossovers I'll even give a glance in the first place. I tend to be picky about the premise presented, but this one hooked me from the get-go. Plus Pegasister Raven is totally legit thanks to Teen Titans Go.

Edit: I just realized that this story is marginally over the 100k limit, so I understand if it doesn't qualify.

I'd like to suggest:

Lulamoon's Castle
By: Bookish Delight

Rated: E
Tags: Slice of Life

Days after Tirek's near-takeover of Equestria, The Great And Powerful Trixie travels to Ponyville, intent on settling her rivalry with Twilight Sparkle once and for all. No trinkets to fudge her abilities, no megalomania to apologize for -- just pure and simple magician's honor!

Upon her arrival, however, she quickly learns that the information she has on Ponyville -- and Twilight -- is more than a little dated.

Of Lilies and Chestnuts

In some circles Fancy Pants and his lovely wife Fleur are considered to be the most heroic duet of Canterlot. They have conquered countless social events, faced hundreds of snobbish ponies and emerged victorious from the most dire of faux pas. Truly, ballads shall be sung in honor of their bravery for generations!

However, these very heroes have recently discovered that there is something missing from their lives. Something that can't be obtained by wielding a keen edge of exquisite mannerism or showing deft expertise in charming smiles. Something that cannot be gained or achieved, but must be earned.

Something that came to them in the form of a brash, growing up filly from beyond Equestria.

3887185 Let's hope I will not be blamed for this post.:fluttershbad:

3885917 I second this one. Lulamoon's Castle is one I've wanted to read for a bit.

Cerulean Voice
Group Admin

I had a look, and we might have allowed it if it was complete, but as it is still incomplete and has not been updated for nine months, I have decided it is ineligible for entry. By all means, if the next chapter comes in and it is complete, try again. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11