Golden Oak Book Club 205 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
ToixStory
Group Admin

This thread will function a lot like the Splinter Fiction thread, in that it is the place to discuss NSFW stories that are deemed more than just "sensual fiction". This group does not discriminate against "clop", but I do ask that discussion of it take place here. I will also possibly be setting up a NSFW reading recommendation list at some point, and anyone can add to it. Have fun!

Comment posted by NorrisThePony deleted Sep 12th, 2014

3619920 Probably the only clop that I've read that actually should be read is:Her Majesty's Secret Service. Romantic, funny, and hot as hell, it brings the clop... but with some rather well-developed characters that you can sympathize with.

Cerulean Voice
Group Admin

I would like to spark up a discussion about Twilight's Inferno, if I may. I feel this is a very controversial and graphically gorey / mentally breaking story that could produce quite the analysis.
Of course being not the main story it's not essential reading, but if anyone has read it, I would like your opinions on it. :twilightsmile:

3731684 Before I say something, may I ask: is it alright for me to recommend one of my stories here in this thread?

ToixStory
Group Admin

Go for it.

4135310 Alright. :D I'd like to recommend Arcane Shadow, Re-Written for reading (cannot link, as it is mature...I miss the old days :( ) by one of your members or yourself. It's my best yet, and it's gonna get even better. As of now, I am still editing chapters and may merge them in the future so they aren't deemed too short, but 99% of said edits are done (gotta hunt down the last 1% that slipped past me). :D

I'll throw in a few recommendations of my own:

Green
THE standard bearer for the RariShy pairing. Outstanding world building, characterization, and pacing, all surrounded by a thoroughly real romance that you can't help but love. The more sensual parts are kept PG13, though the author has a companion fic, 'Red', which consists solely of NSFW versions of the steamier scenes in the story. An excellent read, clop or not.

Salvation
What can I say about this fic that hasn't already been said. It is Cold in Gardez at his finest, and while mature themes and scenes abound, they are lovingly crafted and perfectly meshed with the story.

Moonstone
(to be transparent, I edited this one) This combines light/medium bdsm elements with a very unusual pairing - Luna and Fleur. What starts out as a mostly physical series of encounters though slowly transforms into a lasting romance that exposes very deeply repressed sides of every character involved.
*To be fair, this earned its mature tag in spades, so it's not for everyone. But, I truly believe that it turned out wonderfully

Full Bloom (shameless self-promo here)
This also presents a rather odd pair - Rarity and Roseluck. In this fic, Roseluck's long-held desire to be with Rarity is slowly exposed, and by none other than Rarity herself. But what Roseluck doesn't realize is, that's exactly what Rarity has been hoping for all along.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8