Golden Oak Book Club 205 members · 9 stories
Comments ( 61 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 61
ToixStory
Group Admin

Hello everyone and welcome to the Golden Oaks Book Club! Right now we're just getting started up, so why don't you all introduce yourselves? Everyone should also indicate whether they would like to join the book club, too.

I'll be getting a Skype group up as well, and though participation isn't mandatory, it will be fun! My Skype name is toixstory, but might show up as L. Zelda Davis. Either way, feel free to add me and ask for the Skype group!

Hey Hey Hey! I'm hypervelocity and um....I like reading stuff. XD

But honestly, the book club sounded cool, and I'm hoping it'll motivate me to get through my massive Read Later backlog (so many fics...). So I hope we all get along and have some fun~ > w< /

ToixStory
Group Admin

Sounds like a plan to me! :moustache:

Hi. Are you looking for a first story to discuss? If so, I believe I've found the most underrated story on fimfic Rainbow Burger.

ToixStory
Group Admin

Once more people have joined and things are organized, there will be a thread for suggesting stories to read. :twilightsmile:

Hello! I am The Letter J. I like reading ponyfics. I like analyzing and talking about things. Put the two together, and it shouldn't be hard to figure our why I'm here. :twilightsmile:

Introduce myself? Alrighty. I'm Professor Plum, admin and reviewer for a number of reviewing groups, like Seatle's Angels and WRITE, as well as judge for competitions, like the WBA prompts and the EqD Outside Insight competition.

I've read a fair few stories in my time on the site, so this sort of group may be right up my alley :twilightsmile:

ToixStory
Group Admin

Great to meet you! Hope you like the group. :twilightsmile:

Nice to see you as always, Plum. :pinkiehappy:

I'm The Albinocorn. I spend most of my time writing nowadays, so maybe this book club will get me back into reading more.

3617053 Well, if we're just doing introductions... I'm JMac. I think I'm a competent writer, though I'm not as good as I should be given my advanced age (I'm probably older than you). I'd like to learn to be a reviewer, and perhaps someday edit. My skills here are abysmal, but I'm learning.

If I must, I shall. JustAnotherTimeLord here. I'm a WRITE review, Twilight's Library contributor, aspiring writer, and holder of the most edited stories on this site, if that's something to flaunt.

I like long walks on the beach and . . .

Oh, wrong kind of introduction.

3617053>>3617081>>3617121>>3617165>>3617167>>3617188

Hi! :pinkiehappy: I'm superpony55, and I've been part of book clubs before, but they never last long. :fluttershysad: I write Animorphs fanfiction on Fanfiction.com, and I have a few stories on here, as well. I'm admin for quite a few groups. I read stories on here every once in a while, but my read later list is huge at 1547. I'm in the process of writing an original story, and think I'll enjoy it here! :twilightsmile: (Though I don't have Skype.)

Cerulean Voice
Group Admin

I will join this club. I really do need to read more.
I'm CV, or Adren outside of Fimfic. I love adventure, dark, and (well-written) romance stories. As an editor and a writer, I don't read as much as I'd like anymore. Let's see if that changes.

Hey everyone! I'm Oddponi, and I'm a ponyholic. I'm an artist mostly, but I do have a love of reading.

Reading alone is alright, but I think reading with friends would be an adventure in of itself. So, I'm joining the club because—well...

Friendship is Magic.

Hi 3617081! I can relate to an overflowing ril backlog. Mine currently is over 500! :twilightoops:

I have like 730+ stories to read myself. @w @ I know the feel.

Sup? I go by Malus, or if you prefer, Malus. Malus to my friends.

Little ways back, I used to dabble in story editing. Nowadays, I don't do that so much. I just read what I like/what gets shoved at me. A book club could very well be fun. Sign me up.

Hello everyone :pinkiehappy:

I usually go by Howl or Wolf here, otherwise I go by the nickname Anna a lot as well.

I have a lot of stories in my RiL, and I really like book clubs, so I think I'll fit in this group quite well. :twilightsmile:

Hi everypony. I'm dj-pon3fan or Jase if you want. I love to read and I figured this would be a great place to find new stories I haven't seen yet.
It's nice to meet you all.

Hello everybody. My name is Reader and you can call me Reader, Read or Reed if you prefer. I've never been a part of a book club of any kind and I don't normally join Groups but for reasons that are my own, I'll give this a shot. I enjoy reading as you can tell by my user name although I don't set enough time aside to actually do it. I'm hoping with this club that will change. :)

With that said I look forward to doing whatever we're going to do here. I don't skype though so sorry about that. Also, if we're talking about Read Later lists, mine is currently at 1282. Not mindlessly spammed either.
-Reader Out-

:rainbowderp: Your read later list is huge.

Hey, I'm Boots (obviously). I like to think I'm a decent writer, but that's not why I'm here. I took a look at the group and was like, "I love discussing stories. Might as well join the club." Never been part of a book club before, so it should be interesting. I don't read as much as I write anymore, so maybe this will encourage me to read more often. The best stories are the ones you can talk about for hours, and I hope to find such stories here.

So, yeah, count me in for the club. Same with the skype group, whenever it's ready.

Majin Syeekoh
Group Contributor

Hi, I'm Syeekoh, and I'm an addict-

Wait. Wrong intro.

Hi, I'm Syeekoh, and I write crackfics. As a result, I haven't really been reading that much. So this group will probably get me into reading more.

Hey All! I'm theunderwolf and I have no Idea how to make personal introductions!

I'm in the same boat as you, 3617493. Never been in a book club before—or any type of club for that matter. Unless fandoms count? They seem a bit too big to count though.

ToixStory
Group Admin

The Skype group is ready, so feel free to join! Also, just saying, same to 3617633 that there is a suggestion thread up now, if either of you have fics to suggest. :pinkiehappy:

yo

i'm a fruit

sometimes i write things

Hello everyone. I am bathroomstahl. I joined the club because I do a lot more writing than reading now days and I'd like to get back into reading fan fiction. When I do read, I usually only stay to certain authors and those are the ones I follow. Hopefully through this group I'll be able to expand my horizons on what stories to read. But anyway, that's enough about why I joined this group, time to say a bit about myself. I got into fan fiction for this fandom about a year ago and have been here ever since. I enjoy teaching others the rules of grammar and the English language, writing, and editing/proofreading for people. Heck, I'm even a proofreader in the Proofreader Group now :derpytongue2: I'm also somewhat of a Grammar Nazi, but when I do point out incorrect grammar, I like to tell them how and why it should be different so they can improve. That's a bit enough about me. I hope to have fun inside of this group. :pinkiehappy:

Hi, i'm awesome_luna.
I suck at introductions so i'll just say that the group is a great idea and I look forward to our first fic.
Oh, and while I read a ton i'll probably spend most of my time here (and maybe on the skype group) lurking rather than actively contrributing.

I am Enix. Yes like the gaming company. I was fond of the name when I was younger. Anyway, I am here because I think this is a great idea. It's just a good way for people to connect and talk about stories. The kind of thing that I might have been looking to do for a while. I don't do much besides read, which is why I think this would be a good expansion. Toix your brilliant.

i'm a fruit

:rainbowlaugh: I'm sorry, this just reminded me of something. (warning, crude nonsense)

NorrisThePony here! I, umm...like...stuff...?

In all seriousness though, I love reading in all its forms, and I love practically every type of story here on fimfic. (Except the icky gross stuff but it looks like this group won't be getting into that.) I'm always in search for a great story, and this is the first book club I've joined on this site, but it looks like it's going to be a lot of fun!

PhycoKrusk here (and everywhere else, too), writer and reader, and occasional editor. Very occasional.

I don’t really know what genres I like best, but anything tagged Dark seems to push me away. Strange, that. A big part of my hope is that this club will get me to broaden my horizons a bit more.

3617053 Hello. I'm an amateur writer that's still learning and discovering many things about the world of fiction writing. Anyway, joining a book club like this will give me the chance to discuss some stories and discover ones I may have not read yet. I might learn a thing or two in the process, which is always nice. :twilightsmile:

Hi, I'm acolyte, or just aco for short, and I like to read pony fics. :pinkiehappy:
I've never been part of a book club before, and this could be fun!

I'm Layla or saloony, or whatever you people call me. I love Applejack, romance and all-things comedy.

I have a ton of bursting ideas, but I don't seem to know how I can present it in a story.
And dang, hopefully, this book club can help me with my writing, and hopefully, boost my confidence to write good ol' stories that everybody can enjoy.

Hi, I'm M1Garand8, a small fanfic writer. I write weird "adventure" and whimsical humor (not my words) fics.

I may or may not be a talking rifle. :trixieshiftright:

Hello, Arian Kuznecov here. Im an aspiring writer, amateur translator and huge stories' enthusiast. Watching ponies since 90s, Friendship is Magic - since summer 2011.

It's always great to have people to discuss fine literature with :moustache:

3617053 Im Ekluvstuff. I do exactly what it says on the tin.
I read mainly Adventure, Human, Comedy and whatever happens to catch my fancy.
I joined this group because I never get sick of reading new, great fics.
My read later list is 101. It's been at or around that number for a few months.

Yo, everyone, I'm Jigoku Luna.
The fan fiction I read most of the time are crossovers,humans and sometimes comedy. I also write but I have written one that really needs to be rewritten.

I am Twilight Snarkle, and I consume souls.
I'm a fan of most sorts of stories, even 'mature/nsfw' so long as there is a compelling reason for ponies to act in such a manner, but if you link me Cheerilee's Garden I'll cut you.

Hello. Smaug the golden. I read extremely long adventure stories and any length comedies. I also like stories about Equestrian history, which is part of why I joined the site.

Well, here I go by Silent Strider. I'm just someone that started reading desperately before I was supposed to even know how to read, was already reading young adult books in a foreign language (English) before I was a teenager, and never stopped.

Recently (well, in January) I started writing, though I don't think I'm good yet. Too many ideas, too many references to draw from, but too little experience and skill in putting it all together yet. I do want to get back to reading more, though, since I drastically reduced how much I read weekly since I started trying to write.

Oh, and I was never in a book club; I'm not sure what to expect, though I do believe it will be fun.

Hey, I'm Cpl Hooves. I started on the site by reading a couple of fics and then got drafted as an edit/proofer on a whim and did that for a year or so. Then life happened and I kinda dropped off the radar for a while, but now I'm edit/proofing again and trying to get back into reading some good stuff.

Yeah, I'll join the club.

Hello! Levarien here. I'm an avid, bordering on voracious, reader, as well as a writer of long form stories. I'm a big fan of longer adventure stories with romantic elements. Science Fiction is my first literary love, with Fantasy and nonfiction (history) close behind. I'm definitely up for the book club.

Foals Errand here! I'm a dedicated writer and Twilight's Library contributor. I also run the Twysalis collab Tainted Love. I'm a huge reader.
Also i'm slightly nervous about any of my readers finding out i'm here. They want me to write more. So hi! and yes to skype group. i'm Foals Errand on skype

So, uh... I'm Alien, and I don't really know what I'm doing. This whole "book club" thing is new to me, but and it seems like it could be pretty interesting, and I'm always all for story recommendations. (not that my read later list isn't already too long...) Also, don't be surprised if I don't contribute to discussions quite as often as others; I read many more words than I write.

ToixStory
Group Admin

Hey, as long as you're participating, I think it's awesome! :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 61