Story Standards 268 members · 189 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
PrinceUniversa
Group Contributor

The fourth story to date, I really should balance the accepted/rejected ratio but sometimes, I end up finding the goodfics by accident instead of a few bad ones even if they are not that bad as they look. Reviewing with me today is the swordswoman known for her graceful fighting style and love of all things romantic is Selena!

Selena: Hello readers young and old… I heard that this story pulled on your heart Prince is that true?
Yes it did indeed, want to enter the book and review?
Selena: Why would I object now? Let us see if this will let my tears fall.

A Year of Seasons by The Rising Tide of Night
30, 044 Words
Tagged: Teen, Sex
Genre: Romance, Sad, Slice of Life

Grammar: 10/10
Selena: I shall start off this review on the grammar at hand. Ten out of ten may be very much stretching the surface but it is the truth. Throughout the reading, there was not a single grammatical error we could locate. Not only that, but the sentence themselves are flawless, each flowing with the story and expanding upon the story being reviewed here. It would be very much a rarity to find a story with even a near flawless grammar… This story shows how much effort can be put to create outstanding grammar.
Characterization: 9/10
Selena: I am not well-versed into our friends as of yet, can you do so for me?
Sure Selena, here both Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash who are the main focus of the story (as the cover art can attest to) are very much in character for them. Despite their love for one another, they do not go out of their character and I can say I love that. The other four and Spike are in character as well though there are some moments that they slip out for a few moments, but nothing that deserves major attention.
Use of Canon: 8/10
Not much of canon being used here as it mostly focuses on the relationship and romance of Rainbow and Fluttershy. Even then, the characters are in their canon selves. They do not diverge and that’s enough to merit good points from me
Consistency: 8/10
The consistency is very well-done. Not only is the plot still going on strong but it does not shift away with the chapters. Adding to the fact that each chapter is written with a certain ideal of each season at hand, it makes those said ideals shine. The time skip could be a bit jarring but nonetheless doesn’t bother me much.
Coherence: 8/10
The flow is very good. Though the time skips does ruin it sometimes, the flow is showing strong letting the details of the growing relationship of Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash continue. From the time Rainbow confesses her love for her, to the departure of both into the afterlife; the flow continues not breaking from the story set in place.
Sex: 6.5/10
While there is a bit of it, it’s only around for a short amount of time and in off-screen moments. Then again this is a teen-rated fic so those events being off-screen would make sense. It’s not much but it’s there. Care to continue from here on Selena?
Romance: 8.5/10
Selena: I will gladly do so. The romance is strong in this story showing the growing relationship of both Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. It starts out rather weak as they have yet to accept each other, but by the end of the first and second chapter, the relationship stands strong. It goes through some struggles but it still is as powerful as it can ever be.
Sad: 7/10
Selena: There is a definite trace of sadness around the story. It is around the end where the sadness will hit your heart. I would want to tell what happened at the end here, but it would be better to read it instead of me telling it. Not much of it, but it is there lingering.
Slice of Life: 8/10
Selena: The story has the slice of life feel to it. Again we are seeing the growing relationship of both Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, but their growth is not the only thing in store in the story. I would make a list but again, better to read it than see it here even if I put spoilers here.

73/90 = 81% Accepted

Selena: I will admit that I did shed a few tears from reading this wonderful story. I find it very touching to see the story end with a red rose on Rainbow's ear, wished it was one of my own though. Thank you for inviting me here, I shall be off then.

You welcome and good luck Selena. This story deserved its victory at its designated contest, yes, I never mentioned at that at all, weird huh? As I said, this story deserved it for its beautiful storytelling of the two pegasi, flawless grammar, anf for being able to pull on my heart strings. I am very happy to have discovered this fic by accident and reviewing it for the group to see

4882017 Very nice review. I will have to give the story a read. Feel free to post these fan fiction reviews in The Guild as well. :pinkiehappy:

PrinceUniversa
Group Contributor

4882531 Wait I can post these in the Guild? Well this is something...

4883545 Yep you can post and promote anything there, even non-pony stuff. Just to let you know.

PrinceUniversa
Group Contributor

4883558 Well this is a review, so I didn't find it that important to post or promote (Well except the story I guess), but at least know now...

4883585 People post reviews all of the time It i helpful so people know what to read. :)

PrinceUniversa
Group Contributor

4883643 Truly? Huh, might do that then should I post another review then...

4883655 Post as many as you like. We would be happy to have them. :twilightsmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8