Story Standards 268 members · 189 stories
Comments ( 65 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 65
hailspider
Group Admin

Just post a short thing that says what kind of stories you would review and a sample review. It's that simple. Then, the admin for that genre and Dragonborne Fox will look it over and decide on if you get a promotion.
If you do become a reviewer, please post an intro on the staff intro thread!

I want to be the sort of chap who does nothing but gets respect from everyone. Are there any spaces available?

Is that a yes or a no or what?

3644083 The world has to decide that. Go apply to the core.

Spoke to Big Boss.
She said she'd talk it over with you guys.
Plz say yes, I'm unemployed and have bills to pay, mouths to feed.

Psi-nova
Group Contributor

3645781 But I like the cries of orphans. It feeds my dark soul.

If I get a spot I promise to burn a million orphans.
How's that?

Psi-nova
Group Contributor

3645785 see but those aren't "your" orphans and that takes the personal satisfaction from the whole situation. What a bummer.

Whoa now, I didn't say I had children.

3643897 I think I'd like to be a reviewer. Something I've been trying for a bit and I enjoy it.

hailspider
Group Admin

3647107 Okay. Post the required info, and we'll see.

Dragonborne Fox
Group Admin

3645784 For some reason, that remark made me giggle. :rainbowkiss:
3647169 I am not sure if I should give ThatWeatherstormChap a contrib or mod spot yet. I think he should be a contrib, though. What say you, Quartz?
3647107 Uh...shoot me a PM, please.

3648601 I vote that Weatherstorm be a forum monitor. He's given contrib and is ordered to warn us in case of spam posting or other problems.

Dragonborne Fox
Group Admin

3648606 Alright. I await the other mods' responses.

3648609 On a side note, we need to get group rules set up.

Dragonborne Fox
Group Admin

3648614 :twilightoops: Thanks for reminding me. (IRL shenanigans...oi...)

hailspider
Group Admin

I vote against Weatherstorm getting any sort of privileges. I'm sorry, but from what I've seen, she's a little bit silly. I'm going to have to vote against the lemon.

Dragonborne Fox
Group Admin

3648626 Alright.
3648629 Wait, what? :twilightoops:

Oh shoot, I'm the person we're talking about. Never mind.

Dragonborne Fox
Group Admin

3648640 ...okay, then. :twilightoops:

Psi-nova
Group Contributor

3648642 ... NUKE THE LEMON!

Always remember: When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. I'll get the juicer. You hold down the lemon.

3650585 Well...I can't stand to watch a lemon suffer.
*takes out revolver*
Goodbye.
*Shoots lemon*

why do you hate me
why are you such a racist

3650949 Now, now. We don't any of that. I would never discriminate. I hate everyone equally. :pinkiecrazy:

3651009 No, too sour. That's why I make lemonade.

trombrony98
Group Admin

3651016 Or make invisible ink . . . or a lemon battery . . . or grape juice . . . or throw them . . . or lemon meringue pie . . . or grow a lemon tree . . . or make combustible lemons . . . so many other possibilities. Lemonade is so clichéd.

3651100 I like the combustible lemons idea.

I'd like to apply to be a reviewer; here is my application review. I've got some experience reviewing in Rage Reviews, and I do actively try to keep any and all bias out.

In terms of what I'd review by genre, any really. In terms of what kind of story, I feel like I'd be best suited for ones centered on the Military, History, or Politics; of course I won't restrict myself to those alone if you need me to review something else, it's just what I specialize in. Nor do I strictly read these types and write, my tastes are diverse.

But genre-wise, I've seen at least one that revolves around all of them; dark/tragedy, adventure, crossover. The only one I haven't seen done in here is a romance based story; and even if that comes I think I can handle it, as Ernest Hemingway's Farewell to Arms was heavily romantic, and it's one of my favorites.

So, those three types are right up my alley, regardless of genre; but as I said, I'll go over whatever you need me to.

Psi-nova
Group Contributor

3644074 I read and approved of his review before he submitted it. I think he will make a great collaborator.

3670046 Alright, I agree with that. However, final say goes out to Dragonborne Fox.

Alright, I'll be waiting on his decision

Dragonborne Fox
Group Admin

his

Excuse me, but I'd like to point out that I'm female. :twilightoops: I enjoy your sample review, and thus give you contrib status.

Ah, ok. Sorry.:twilightblush:

Psi-nova
Group Contributor

3671839 suggestion for future ruling? If at least two contributers and a mod acclaim a application can we green light new contributers? That way we can streamline the application process. Obviously with the understanding that if their is an objection the application be delayed for proper revoew of said objections.

Psi-nova
Group Contributor

3671938 yayyyyyy! Danke

LoneUnicornWriter
Group Admin

3643897 Well I prefer to either do slice of life and adventure fics mainly, but I could do others. Here's where I would post up the reviews I did whenever I was finished with them. I haven't done much in quite a while, but I will get back to doing so when more time clears up for me to post up more onto there. That's all I got.

hailspider
Group Admin

3708122 Your reviews are short, but seem relatively analytical. If you can write in the group style, I'll consider it.

LoneUnicornWriter
Group Admin

3708136 Alright, I'll get it a shot.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 65