Helping Hooves 557 members · 839 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

Hello everyone,

I would like to request a review of my story Burning Sirens.
It's a story that takes place in the EQG world, several centuries in the past, following the Dazzlings/sirens as they deal with accusations of witchcraft.
Since it was my very first story, I'd like to know what its flaws are and what I need to improve in terms of style, so that I may keep this in mind for my future stories. If you could take the time to read a chapter or two and tell me what I need to work on, I would be really grateful.

Thank you for your time.

4445376 You have no idea how much I appreciate you posting a thread. It saves us so much time.

Once me or someone else gets around to reviewing your story, would you like it posted in the comments, a thread, a PM, or a combination of those?

4445439 A reply here would be fine, but I don't mind either option. Thanks!

4548086 Thanks a lot for your review. I'm glad you liked the story.

I just want to clarify one thing:

--old deaf guy ex machina comes in and ruins their day by accusing them of witchcraft. Not-so-surprisingly, the townspeople accept it and throw them in jail, planning to burn them and fellow peoples accused of witchcraft at the next chance that they have.

At first, the townsfolk planned to put the sirens on trial. They weren't going to burn them just based on the accusations of an old man.

So, should I remove my story from the folder now?

4548251 I'll do it for you, as I have to link the review in the thingy first.

I really love your Burning Sirens story. Tell me, which century that the story takes place and which country it is?

4872024 Thanks, I'm glad you like my story.
It takes place around the year 1500.
As for the country, you already asked that in the story's comments. As I said, it's mostly inspired by medieval England, but it doesn't have to be one of our Earth's countries.

Can you do a sequel? Like... they go on a journey to the New World and caused the disturbance between the natives

and the colonists. And Spain and Portugal would be the best, they were the only countries at 1500 that are travelling

around the world.

4873854 Sorry, I have other projects.

If you ran out of idea, my offer will still stand for you.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13