Weekly Contests 373 members · 110 stories
Comments ( 15 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 15
Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

Sorry for the delay. Dusk and Moonblast and I had some stuff to discuss about this week's contest and a few other things. Took longer than we thought.
Prompt: Narrators
Theme: Storytellers.
Challenge: Have it narrated by someone.
Genre: Any.
Rating: Everyone-Teen.
Wordcount: 1,000-10,000.
Deadline: June 23rd at Midnight, MT time.
Good luck to those who enter.

I have the perfect story for this, but I was going to release it on the 24th.

Ho hum.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4449789 Hm... You could always release it a day early. Especially if you're a timezone ahead of MT.

4449792 I'm in the UK, so one hour ahead of GMT. But no, the story is a birthday present for someone, so I really want that 24 June timestamp on it. I don't really want to enter that badly anyway. It probably wouldn't win. :fluttershysad:

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4449803 Actually, MT is eight hours behind GMT. Anyway, I see what you mean. I actually was tempted to make the deadline a day ahead, simply because I'm going to have to judge the entries on my birthday with this deadline, but this group's got a schedule to keep.

4449810 Ah, I'd assumed that "MT" in your original post was a typo for "GMT". If I published at 1am UK time, that would be 12am GMT, and within the time limit. Whether I'd then be able to enter the contest would depend on how fast the fimfic approval queue was moving. I'll bear that in mind.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4449817 Alright, good luck if you do end up entering. As far as I can tell, MT is mountain time. So midnight MT is 6 am GMT. It's six hours, not eight.

4449769 As with all the contests on Fimfiction, I'll promote this one on my user page in hopes to get you more contenders. Good luck!

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4450182 All right. Good luck if you enter. :twilightsmile:

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

I'll enter this contest!- I need to stretch my hooves at writing anyway.:ajbemused:

Is it only one entry or can there be more? just thought i might ask.

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4452615 One per person. Good luck if you enter.
4452045 Good luck.

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

I'm cutting this one close!!!

I'm almost done, placing the finishing touches now.

Submitted and awaiting approval.

You want me to place the link here or just place it in the folder?

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4491564 Either/or. Doesn't really matter. I'll add it to the folder myself later either way, but a link here would be helpful.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 15