Weekly Contests 373 members · 110 stories
Comments ( 90 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 90
Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

Hello!

Rare here- I'm hosting a contest of my own, not connected to Weekly Contest.

Though if you want a Weekly One-Check out Rule 63 Madness to get that fix.:raritywink:

No this Contest will be quite a long one, to give everypony a chance to enter and have fun.

My Contest will be for Villain's!!- Yes we all know deep down it's Good to be Bad.:duck:

I want to see stories get dark and messy.- let your inner villain free and cause some collateral damage!

Let's get down to business shall we?

Prompt: Villain's.
Theme: All stories must be from the P.O.V. of a villain- they are the main character in this story!
Challenge ( +1 point) : Show off an Oc villain of your own creation.
Genre: Adventure, Dark, Sad, Comedy.-Yes it may be a comedy- but no Villain turned hero stories!-or Villain is deep down a good guy stories.
Rating: Everyone or Teen.
Length: 1,000 - 50,000 words.-Multi chapter stories will be accepted-but all entries must be completed by deadline!
Deadline: August 13th till midnight- That's two month's to create something wonderful!- Winner's will be announced August 17th.
Prizes: This will be my biggest giveaway yet!:raritystarry:

Art will be by the Lovely Arylett Charnoa.

1st Prize- Shall receive a Shaded colored Art Commission of their choice with a background and I'll even pay for an additional character within the art. whole package priced at $53.- Example.

2nd place- Shall receive a Flat color with setting background art commission- one character only.- package priced at $35. - Example 2

3rd place- Shall receive a Flat Color with Abstract background art commission.- One Character only.- Package priced at $28.- Example 3

Yep I will be giving away $116 worh of prizes!

Please tell all your friends, share the news and I hope to see many enter!

Let us all come together as a community and have fun, creating art for many to enjoy!

Thank you all for your time.

Update: Just to let you all know, as an admin my judging style is that of the weekly contest type, that said I do go by group rules as well., Please check out the rules to make sure entries are within the boundaries.

Rules.

Love, Rare.

Yep I will be giving away $116 worh of prizes!

You really are the Element of Generosity. o.o I might enter, but no promises. :rainbowwild:

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

The Contest will be open for two months!- I hope to see you enter if you can. :raritywink:

And thank you, I believe in supporting the art's.- Art in Music, Written word or Drawing's is a lovely thing to keep alive.

4362937 *SPITS EVERYTHING I WAS DRINKING OUT!* HOLY SHIT! Once I heard the prize...

Here's the deal. I've always had a villain waiting to be explored. His is Lord Cyclomatooth from house Masquerade of the changelings. He is a villain to the core, a challenge seeker who seeks to obtain strength through fighting no matter what, and despises peace. He is a sadistic/masochist warrior that would smile and laugh at you if you cut his hoof/arm because it would mean you are a worthy fighter.

I've been meaning to try and explore the challenge seeker to be ready for my other stories when said villain appears.

AND THIS IS THE PERFECT CONTEST! The PERFECT contest to practice my fighting scenes writing.

And the deadline is awesome! Ooooh this is going to be goooood... real good. This serves my purposes greatly.

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4363050 ~Giggles.~ :raritywink:

I'm so happy to see you excited for the contest!- I hope to see an excellent work of art from you then.

Yes I wanted to make the deadline one that would give people time to create something great, Villain's are quite hard to write and I wanted to make sure everypony had a chance to enter.

4363057 Right right. It's crazy tho how you have so much to give.

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4363065 It's alright- I have a fund of savings I collect for thing's I wish to have, my last big purchase last year costed quite a bit, but I've been collecting again.- and to help the Community and fandom, is a nice feeling to have.:raritywink:

Besides a few good prizes can help the group, get right back on track after the last few month's of setbacks.

4363067 Right. Got it appreciated.

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4363083 Thank you for entering! :raritywink:

4362937 MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. This is what I've been waiting for. Let the games begin.

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4363280 :raritystarry:

Glad to see such a sinister attitude for the contest. :duck:

I've wanted to do a story along the lines of Fallen where Sombra is a spirit that can possess various ponies...

...and no one is safe, not even the "innocent."

4362937 Intruiging...I shall think about it.

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4363307 Sounds deliciously wicked, as long as the villain is the main character I'm looking forward to it!

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4362937 I'm game. I've got a lot of villains I want to explore, this just gives me a reason to write them. Also, you've got a typo in the description. You're giving everyone three months, but you said we only get two.

4362937 You can't have a villain contest without me here!

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4364419 Thank you for the heads up Golden. :raritywink:

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4364452 You're welcome.

4362937 Yey! Another contest for my list of contests on Fimfiction. Thanks for hosting them.

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4365814 No problem, We are glad to throw contest's every week.:raritywink:

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4362937 Oh yeah, brief question. If it's about the villain can it feature non-villains for a chapter? I.e. can I have a chapter about someone reading a legend the leads into the story of the villain?

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

Yes that would be fine, just the main character of the story has to be a villain.- As long as it is villain based the majority of the tale, it shall be fine.

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

Update!- It has been brought to my attention that many people will be dealing with school this coming month etc.

I'd love to see the best of what the site has to offer, so in doing so I've given an extension to the deadline- A extra month for those who would be lagging behind.

The deadline is now August 13th and winners shall be chosen on August 17th.

I hope this helps out, some of those who will be dealing with school soon- and I wish you all the best of luck.

Love, Rare.

Question: I started a piece a couple months ago that kind of fizzled after the first round of feedback. I believe I can think of a way to retool it to work for this contest. May I submit it?

(Sorry to spam but I probably should have tagged 4362937 )

4363057 question: can my villain die at the end of the story or does he/she have to be alive?

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4443256 Not entirely sure, but there's nothing in the rules about the villain surviving. It just has to be about a villain.

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4425939 If the story has been published on the site already-I'd have to say no- The fic must be written in its entirety during the contest.-I'm sorry, though if you are re-tooling the idea-merely start a brand new story and submit that- make sure though this new idea is something different from the idea that spawned it.-If enough is changed to warnt it is a different story in it's own right I'll allow it.

4443256 Your Villain may die at the end, I just wish the main focus of the fic be on a Villain-or told through a villains P.O.V- as long as most of the focus is on them they may die at the end.

4443627 oh ok thx

4362937 I've got one more question: I know the villain has to be bad to the bone through to the end, but can the henchman turn to the light?

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4445105 That's great!

4443908 I'll allow henchmen to turn good, but no henchmen who see the light, and share that light with the villain.

but yes a henchmen can turn good, as stated again- No villan is a good guy deep down stories, and no villain turned hero stories.

4445583 Wait, why would the hero be deep down good inside? Aren't they good on the outside, too?

4445583 can the villain be accidentally transformed into evil and then transformed back at the end with a massive cliff hanger?

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4445598 Fun fact, a hero is not actually always a good guy. Here's a definition I found.

the chief character in a book, play, or movie,

So no, a hero is not always a good guy. Shakespeare gave us enough examples of that.

Thanks so much, this helps a ton ;)

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4445598 Sorry just a typo, That;s very interesting as well Golden.

4445621 I'd have to say no, I want stories centered around a Villain and their P.O.V.- A person transformed into a villain by accident feels imo- Villain deep down inside might be good story, and that is something I don't want.

If the character is already a antagonist of the story though, then accidently comes into power, allowing them to become a all out Villain I'd allow that.

A EX. of this would be Jack from Batman the movie- he was already a bad guy- when he falls into the vat of chemicals he then becomes a Villain the joker.

4362937 last question from me: do i have to use a OC of mine or could i find a less known villain from a game i like? saying that i can use any villain maybe?

Lady Lorelei
Group Admin

4445916 The challenge for the contest is to use a OC Villain- But no any Villain is acceptable-Be it G1-G3 villains from MLP, FiM Villains from G4, Oc Villains and of course Crossover Villains as well from other places would be ok.

Main quota I want from the contest is that the story center around the villain, from the villains Po.v etc.- not be a side character to the story but the main character basicly lol.

neat

stayclassy:moustache:

4446182 sorry one more question: where do i submit a story cause i started mine and figure id let you know, i will also finished it before the du date.

Story Link

Smaug the Golden
Group Admin

4470488 You submit it to the appropriate folder in this group.

4470490 :twilightsheepish: oh ok thx

Question: Does this have to be in first or third person? I understand it has to be in perspective, but you can do a third person perspective where only the thoughts of the villain come through, which makes the villain the character to watch and not the others (per se).

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 90