Weekly Contests 373 members · 110 stories
Comments ( 27 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 27

Were going to try something a little different around here.
Your goal: Write a story in 100 words or less
Just put it in the comments when you finish it and it will be judged with the regular judging rubric
Prompt: Lighthouse
Theme: Any
Challenge (+1 point): Use colored text
Genre: Any
Rating: Everyone or Teen.
Length: 10-100 words
Deadline: 15th of November
Prizes: Featured on group

>Tfw lighthouse, by ThatWeatherstormChap

I am a lighthouse,
See my light.
I'll cut down the darkness,
If it's looking for a fight.
Not the band The Darkness,
I like them. Quite.
But what do I know about music?
I'm just a lighthouse.
Amirite?

- Written by a lemon

3789166 hahaha I laughed out loud :rainbowlaugh: that's brilliant, made my evening :pinkiehappy:

Exactly one hundred words, not counting the title.

The Speed of Dash

If a pony could overdose on adrenaline, then the cyan pegasus pirouetting spiritedly in the early morning sunshine would have died of nimiety a long time ago; swooping past the old lighthouse – unused in years, now that ships were no longer needed in Equestria – Rainbow Dash felt her heart pound against her chest as she drew on every last scrap of energy she possessed. The azure sky was abruptly torn asunder as a violent polychromatic shock wave rippled outward from her body. Rainbow Dash looked back at the multi-hued concentric circles and smiled. This is what it's about.

Stoic Flame woke with a groan to the solitary life he claimed as his own many years prior. It's not that he disliked the work, it just felt like the loneliness was killing him. He ascended the spiral staircase with drooping sleep deprived eyes cast downward. Maybe his purpose, plainly visible for all to see, was wrong. Maybe this lighthouse was nothing more than a prison built by his own hooves. His heart sinking, he took the last step into the lantern room, and there to comfort him in his time of doubt was his companion, the eternal beacon.

The Circling Vagoo

Twilight Sparkle didn't know what the fuck to think about. She was some kind of whore who needed the butt-play. You see, Twilight sat on a giant pin prick and it was circling.

Be afraid, Twilight thought, how else would she deal with the incredible amount of pain hitting her cervix. All of ponyville watched the punishment that was delivered to her for stealing Princess Celestia's prized donut. No pony would be safe and the tip of the massive pinprick was laced with snail's semen. If that pinprick went through, she would be pregnant with his child. Oh sad day.

(And here we go, my first ever entry, right here!)

Follow the light,
Follow the light,

My body shook, struck by church bells. They pounded my mind, reeking of Hell.

Follow the light,
Follow the light,

The beacon that still eludes my grasp, ignoring the silence filled with my rasps.

Follow the light,
Follow the light,

Nothing inside, nothing out yonder. Leaving me nothing but futures to ponder.

Follow the light,
Follow the light

The light beckons, and my mind recalls. I let out a wail; it wasn’t there at all.

My first entry here as well!

I yell, not from my usual party induced joy, as the navy waves surge over the oak decks of our ship.
A scissoring beam of yellow flashes in front of me, cutting into my soul. I try to go to that light, but I cannot.
The dark waves swallow me as the light fades from my vision.
I become still as bubbles rise around me.
I sink in that dark, blue , unforgiving ocean.
Word count:74

Night Light

All alone, in the void,
in the night, I cry for help. The moon is covered by merciless clouds and the stars have dulled in the foggy air. You cannot hear me. All alone, my quiet hell. I see a light, I hear a voice, an answer to my calls. Before me is a tower, behind is the sea. But most important, you are next to me.

Word count: 67

Comment posted by Shrinky Frod deleted Nov 11th, 2014
hailspider
Group Admin

I guess I'll try and give this a go. Yet another first entry here...

Guide

A beacon of light,
a turbulent sea.
A guide to make right,
for the dangers that be.

Celestia's gift to the navy,
from when Luna went dark.
The strength to sail bravely,
even without a seamark.

Ocean Roar closed his notebook, magical aura setting aside his pens, wondering if he would ever truly come up with a poem he could be proud of. Maybe he would do better next time. This time, he could only hope that it wouldn't inadvertantly offend the Princess of the Night if he were to let this entry become public one day.

Word count: 97 (98 if you count the title.)

:facehoof: I'm so horrible at spelling

The Lighthouse Horror

Winter Wrap-Up, Winter Wrap-Up, I sang. As I passed somepony, I paused to say, Good evening, miss! She smiled, replying, Good evening, Sea Shanty! We then went our ways. I soon reached the Lighthouse of Canterlot. I was its caretaker. Tonight, I needed to replace the spark bulb at the top. It had gone out unexpectedly, though it wasn't that old. Obviously a dud I thought, unlocking the door. I climbed to the lighthouse's top, and saw something horrible. When I reported it, authorities said there wasn't an entry for it...not even the shattered window.

how long is the code for polychromatic :rainbowlaugh:

161 characters. :rainbowlaugh: (The story itself is 581, for comparison.)

3789047 I thought I might as well give this one a go. Spot on 100 words (not counting the title). :rainbowwild:

Haven

It’s not always fun being famous, you know.

Sure, I like ponies to admire me – what pegasus wouldn’t? But if it burns too brightly, a star becomes blinding to look at.

You want me to explain? Well... back in Cloudsdale, there’s this big lighthouse. Only inland lighthouse in Equestria. I worked there when I was just out of school. Didn’t stay long. Couldn’t...

It’s at the top of the Weather Factoryyou know why it’s there? Simple: to make sure weak fliers stay safe around rainbows.

I learned something important the hard way up there: that lighthouse works both ways.

3789047 Hm... How about a haiku? :pinkiehappy:

Lighthouse

That is a lighthouse,
Helpful during foggy nights,
Guiding our sailors.

And the winners are...
1st: Mirmring
2nd: Loganberry
3rd: Cyneryk
Congratulations everyone, there were a lot of good stories in this contest

The results are in but I forgot to tag everybody, so just look up a couple of posts

3817753 Congrats to the winners.

3817702 Ooh, runner-up, really? Thank you! :pinkiehappy: I was really unsure about mine: every last bit of coloured text I used does have a specific meaning, but it was a high-risk option as it might have just come across as garish. Congrats to Myrmring (especially), Cyneryk and everyone else who entered. :twilightsmile:

And now, to officially end the contest and celebrate all of these wonderful short stories, give it up for THE DARKNESS!

I like them.

Quite.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 27