ReadingSins 428 members · 644 stories
Comments ( 34 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 34

So I've noticed we've gotten some life back into this little group, which is why I'm throwing another Sins Fest! For those of you who are new to Sins Fest, it's effectively a competition to see who can make the funniest Sins post. Here are the rules copy/pasted from my first Sins Fest rule set.

1.) Reply to this post saying you will like to participate, and tell me what fanfiction you are sinning. Also provide a link to the story in your reply. The deadline for applying is April 6th 9:00 PM, Alaska Central Time so everyone will have time to read this post, find a fanfiction, and reply. After April 6th 9:00PM, all participants have three days to sin their story. So by April 9th 9:00PM, the judging will begin. This is to keep the competition under control, and orderly.
2.) The fanfiction you are going to sin must be a one-shot.
3.) You may only review one fanfiction for the fest, and when you post it for the competition, post it like you normally would with except that the title must have in parenthesis (For Sins Fest). So for example say you were reviewing a story for Sins Fest. As opposed to having your thread title called "Everything Wrong With The Planet Below" your thread title would say "Everything Wrong With The Planet Below (For Sins Fest)". Violating any of these rules will result in a disqualification.
Now, how do you win? Simple. Make people laugh. Make them cry with laughter. The post that has the most comments from other users saying it was funny as hell wins*. What do you get from winning? Bragging rights. You get to tell everyone you're a natural-born comedian!

I have changed the rules slightly. Instead of making me laugh, you must make everyone else laugh. It's more fair this way, and also I sounded self-centered back in the first Fest. This time, seeing as there's no judge and is only based off comments from other users. Anyways, I hope you all sign up and I hope to see you all in the Third Sins Fest!

*If one user comments twice or more with praise for a Sins post, it only counts as one comment of praise. But this should be a no-brainer already.

BronyWriter
Group Contributor

I might as well try. Too bad I can't just automatically enter my sins blog for "Why am I into Horse Women?" I'll see what I can do instead.

Can id do Worst Sister or are only 'old' stories allowed?

5892540 Well aliucon already reviewed it, and it's supposed to be a story that hasn't previously been reviewed in this group.

Fantastic! Once you find your story you want to sin, please send them to me! :twilightsmile:

5892604 Seriously?
Okay then how about...
In Loving Memory
?

5892615 Sure. I don't see a problem with this one. You don't have to sin it now, but do so before April 9th at 9:00PM Alaska Central Time.

Okay then!
(Ha! Old stories from the request folder for the win!)

5892629 Well they're there for a reason, right?

5892033 ... I'll take it. Can't say my post will make people laugh or entertained though. I try hard to be funny, but I just can't master that ability :rainbowderp:. It sounds fun, so I thought, "Why not give it a try?"

I shall post about Pinkie's Popeyes Preference. Wish me luck. :derpytongue2:

Aliucon
Group Contributor

Gotta chime in and say that it's delightful to hear of an event to further rekindle the group. Thanks for taking the time to promote this and hopefully doing better at it each fest, femikol. ^^

2.) The fanfiction you are going to sin must be a one-shot.

aww, and here I was thinking of sinning The Chase for shits and giggles.

Also on a side note could I sin this? everypony lives this story... Yea it's not a comedic gold mine i'll say that.

5892765 I mentioned that you must sign up and register your story before April 6th Alaska Central Time. It's 10:38 PM on April 5th right now on Alaska Central Time.

5892741 For Sins Fest?

If you can get it all done in one post then go ahead. That second chapter shouldn't be much trouble to tie in.

5892682 Thanks. :twilightsmile: I hope I'm not breaking any rule by doing this. But please participate! We could always use more competitors!

Aliucon
Group Contributor

5892033 I don't think you're breaking anything by doing this, really. It's just promoting activity and I think that's quite fine to do. Hmm, as for me, if you insist, I'll participate. I dunno if there's limits to doing a story that's already comedy, but if there isn't, I'd like to do one called Its High Noon, link there.

5893081 I don't see any problem with this. Good luck! :twilightsmile:

I'm done. i'm sure it's got a lot of things wrong with it. i don't think it's funny, maybe if there is someone is even more insane than i am they might find it funny.
it's far to long. the story i used was one of my favourites on the site and now i hate it. Everything is awful! i spent far to much time on this thing and its awful because of it.

5895830 You mean you made the sins post late? I said that you had to tell me what story you were sinning by the 6th. You have until the 9th Alaska Central Time to make the sins post.

5896346 Remember, the time to post it is based off my time zone. You submitted it two days before the 9th in my time zone. So you were fine.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 34