ReadingSins 428 members · 644 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Everything Wrong With:
Brother Grimm
By Amethyst Dawn
Warning: Spoilers Ahead!
(Duh!)

Few ponies turned their heads as the stranger walked into town, pulling his great, laden wagon behind him: for despite his appearance, very few realized he had arrived. The carriage smelled of sulfur and peaches, and several shelves adorned the outside.

1. I smell that something is up, or rather feel and sense it. And if it turns out that he is some kind of wizard in the end then I won't be surprised. *Ding*

2. Ponies are still best means of transportation in world full of pegasi and unicorns... and other ponies... *Ding*

A long horn made its presence known

3. If he's a unicorn why not just freaking use his MAGIC to teleport where he wants to go? [Take note, this is called the Stupidity Complex, where a character has some kind of power or ability (natural or not) and DOES NOT EVER USE IT. This MAY BE excusable if the ability or power is new, but if you have had magic or wings your whole entire life then there is no excuse at all.] *Ding*

“Brother Grimm.”

4. Roll Credits! *Ding*

“How do you know all this?”

5. Don't (and shouldn't) you know? The answer is quite simple really, Magic.

“That’s not the main issue here, now, is it?”

6. It actually is. *Ding*

“That is a gift, something that she’ll decide whether she needs or not. There’s no charge on it.”

7. NEVER EVER trust people (or in this case, rather ponies) who give stuff out for free, especially magic stuff, that's the number one clue/ hint that they are EVIL and the villain. *Ding*

8. It also happens to be the Number One cliché, so... yeah, there's that too. *Ding*

“Those are enchanted or cursed objects: very dangerous, and very beautiful.”

9. Two phrases that should never go together. *Ding*

Si somnium est re, et est verbum deprauationem forma: et quia in tempus, de eorum moribus in propter, potest probari vera moralia.”

10. Roughly translated this means "If the dream is reality, and is the form of the word of an abnormality, and for a time, take into account of their character, moral truths can be proved." You're welcome for that (I saved you from homework). And I had to do that, so, yeah, there's one for making me do work (even if online and easy, but it took precious time from my very short life). *Ding*

11. A homework assignment to everyone who reads this. *Ding*

12. Never trust anyone (or rather in this case any pony) who speaks a foreign language, especially dead one, and especially Latin. That's just another big dead giveaway that they are EVIL and a villain of the story. *Ding*

13. And because it is cliché... *Ding*

Rainbow and Applejack are dead

14. Let's not jump to any rash conclusions now, shall we? Besides, who said anything about Rainbow Dash? *Ding*

"Talk about your Deus-Ex Machina."

15. Hey, I (or rather the reviewer is) am supposed to be doing the sins here, not you Pinkie Pie. That's my job, not yours. *Ding*

"Mae'n ddoniol y casglodd y dewrder er mwyn gwneud hyn yn hyd, ond rhaid I gofyn Mae chi droi yn ôl awr: Fe welwch mai dim ond poen mawr o'n blaenau."
The three ponies covered their ears, and tried their best to block out the massive noise. Once the echoing stopped, Flutershy stood, and marched directly in front of Brother Grimm.
"What the Hell was that?" She screeched, gesturing violently down the hall.
"That, my dear Fluttershy, is the creature we're here to stop." Grimm replied calmly, checking to see if his ears were bleeding.
"Well then, what did he say?"
"Loosely translated: we amuse him, but he thinks we should turn around."

16. No, it's actually "It's funny that gathered the courage to do this, but I must ask you to turn back now You will find that only a big pain ahead". Make sure that you get it right next time. *Ding*

17. Yet another homework assignment.

18. Also you made me do even more (easy and online) work. *Ding*

"Yn fy llygad arnoch chi, Grimm. Yr wyf wedi gweld eich bywyd, a gwelaf eich marwolaeth. Eich cynllun oes dim, ac yn y diwedd y cyfan a wnewch yw dicter imi bellach. Bydd eich gwddf fel mae eliffant crushes dilyngru, ar gyfer y cyfan y mae gennych i mi yw...."

19. Roughly Translated this reads as/ is: "In my eye on you, Grimm. I have seen your life, and I see your death. Your plan nothing, and eventually all you do is anger me now. Your neck is like an elephant crushes dilyngru, for all that I have is .... ". *Ding*

20. Even More Homework.

21. Even more work for me. Please stop making me do it.

"Unfortunate fate."

22. What a vague and general answer, just like one a wizard or author would give us. *Ding*

"What did he say this time?"

23, 24, 25, 26. Author/ Character don't respond to this question, how rude and inconsiderate and making us do homework. *Dings*

Fluttershy sighed in relief: "I-it... it was only a story?"
Grimm nodded sympathetically.
"But... but it felt so real!"
"But of course! What sort of storyteller would I be if my stories didn't feel real?"

"Time for Cthulhu to fulfill his promise, then..."

27. *Sighs* *Ding*

28. F*** You man! Worst plot hole escape device ever. *Ding*

"Yeah, I can tell, do you know how many plotholes and pointless scenes there are in here?!"
Eh, it worked for Steven Ki--

29. Hey, that's MY job to point out the flaws, not yours. *Ding*

30. Also (and finally) Steven King reference. *Ding*

Total: 30

Sentence: Trapped in Hell with Cthulhu and Steven King... Forever.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2