ReadingSins 429 members · 643 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Everything Wrong With:
Of Symbols and Ciphers
by: Joker The Hedgehog
Spoilers.
Duh!

Hello, there, readers! So, you decided to see just what this little Displaced story was all about, didja? Of course you did, why else would you give this story a click? Huh? How do I know this is just a fanfiction, rather than an account of actual happenings in a parallel world separated by time and space?

I clicked because the author told me too. Also time is a lot more like a rug really, oh never mind. 1

Oh, I know lots of things… LOTS OF THINGS...

Mysterious voice, caps lock is on. 2

Now, I’m sure you’re wondering just who the Hell I am.

Are you Bill Cipher?

Name’s Bill Cipher, master of the mind and wielder of unimaginable god-like power!

Called it! I read the title of the chapter. 3

Oh, but I’m not just your garden variety Triangle Guy Bill Cipher who’s stuck in the dreamscape.

We get it, actually I don't know what you mean. I've never watched Gravity Falls. 4

Now, I’m sure you’re wondering how exactly I ended up becoming an all-powerful dream demon/god-like entity?

Deux Ex Machina ? Also, demon/god? That's unholy and holy. Also he's a dream demon. 5

Well then pull up a chair, grab your favourite snack and get ready for a tale you'll remember for like a few days then will come back to since it's been in the back of your head for the past few days and it's starting to annoy you as you can't remember where you heard a quote from then you go home and google it only to find it was your first guess to begin with and you wasted five minutes searching it up when you could have been looking at cat gifs or pictures of cute jumping spiders wearing water droplets as tiny hats… Yeah this just got way out of hand.

It's already out of hand. 6

Now, where to start… I guess the beginning is always the best place right?

We could start at the end and just know the ending. 7

Jason Edwards was going to die, and he and his wife knew it.

We all die. Except for Jason I assume! 8
$50 says that Jason wrote this story. 9 For possible self insert.

Fortunately, his wife Jacqueline, or Jackie for short, has by his side the whole time, holding her husband’s hand for comfort as his heart monitor began beeping all the faster.

That name took me 3 tries, also *has should be *was. 10

“Wh-what’s going on?” Jackie asked in confusion.
“I’m what’s going on, Mrs. Edwards.”

A sarcastic dick. I like him already. 11

He had green hair styled in a fashion similar to Vegeta's from the Dragonball anime

This is a cross over within a cross over. I'm okay with that. And I'm not okay with that. 12

“What offer?” asked Jackie, mildly interested.

A crazy Dragonball looking dude shows up and freezes time and has an offer for you and your husband and your only mildly interested? Jason, how do you even peak her interests? 13 (there were way too many and's)

“Mercer’s Syndrome… probably one of the most painful ways for someone to die, in my opinion,” he said.

I know it is his opinion, but being eviscerated by a hot poker is one of the most brutal and painful ways to die. Also, in a hospital they would have given Jason pain killers so he wouldn't feel shit when he died. 14

“Right, since you want to get right down the details, I’ll get straight to it.

Finally!!! 15

“However, there is in fact a way for you to cheat death and live on with a far more powerful and efficient body.

Deus ex machina. Also, called it. 16

“What about Jackie? Do I have to leave her behind if I accept this offer of yours?” asked Jason.
Of course not. I’m perfectly willing to do the same thing for your wife and give her a new, more powerful body as well,” replied Roden.

What a generous Deus ex machina! 17

This was Princess Twilight Sparkle of Friendship.

This bothers me. This was Twilight Sparkle, Princess of Friendship. 18

The farm pony said in deadpan.

It may just be me, but deadpan manner or The farm pony deadpanned would've rolled off the tongue. But I'm sinning the fact that he said farm pony after he listed Applejack's name. 19

“Don't worry Applejack, helping my friends is my top priority.”

You see? Even Twilight remembered Applejack. 20

Following Twilight’s lead, the ponies and dragons swiftly made their way into the room beyond the door that Twilight had found.

Where is this other dragon? 21

“Yes, this is it.” Twilight began reading through the paragraphs of the page. “It says that whatever we do we mustn't touch it with our bare hands.”
“What?” Rainbow Dash said as she poked the triangle with her index finger.

F*ck Rainbow Dash! All of 5 minutes and you ruin things and in turn expand exposition. 22

Spike the Dragon, Twilight’s assistant and/or slave.”

Shit Spike, he called you out. 23

“LOTS OF THINGS…”

Is the key broken? And this guy knows way to much. 24

As Bill named off each pony, that pony’s jaw dropped like a sack of bricks as they were strongly reminded of Discord.

Discount Discord. 25

“Well, since my lovely wife isn’t here, I guess I’m stuck with you lovely ladies! So, what are we waiting for, Hearth’s Warming? Come on, let’s blow this popsicle stand!”

Discount Discord doesn't care about his wife. 26

End
Sins: 26
Sentence: Vegeta look alike
Chapter 2 is coming soon

Seriously go check out the story. Here!!!

Technically speaking, Bill wasn't yelling when he said "Lots of things." That was just a way of puttting this into text:

Either way, I'm happy with the sins review, and I look forward to seeing chapter 2 dismantled. Also, GO WATCH GRAVITY FALLS! It actually outdoes MLP in some ways.

5091271 fixed it for you. :rainbowwild: And I may or may not have the time with college. I've seen a few episodes but not a lot.

5090693 Yes seems quite adequate. :moustache:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5