The Culinary School of Equestria 25 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 23 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 23
Raymanguy
Group Admin

My mom came up with this one day and today i tried my hand at it.

Here's what you'll need:
1 lbs of macaroni (at least)
Some butter (if unsalted then you will need some salt as well)
2 eggs
Unspeicified amount of milk
2 bags of shredded cheese (I recommend at least one be a chedder)

First, boil half a pot of water. Scoop and decent spoonful of butter and put it in the water (this will not only give the noddles a butter flavor but also prevent them from sticking together). Once it comes to a boil, pour in your noodles. Give the noodles a stir every now and again. When the noodles seem to be extremely close to being perfect, drain them (They will cook the rest of the way in the oven).

Pour half the noodles into a pan (much like the one for the lasagna) and spread the noodles to cover the entire bottom. Now, you need two egg whites and pour it over the noodles. Mix up the noodles and the egg white until the noodles are pretty well coated with it. Then pour one bag of cheese on the noodles and spread it out over the pan. Then comes the rest of the noodles and the second bag of cheese (no egg whites go on the second layer and also this top layer of cheese should be the chedder layer).

Next, pour milk over the whole thing until the milk covers half (or one layer) of the noodles (judge based on the noodles, not the pan depth). Should look something like this:

Now put it in the oven at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes ( be sure to check it at the 15 minute mark for the cheese might be melted. To see if it done, scoop out a chunk and look to see if there is still milk on the bottom. If so, put it back in for the rest of the time or until you think the milk is gone). Lastly, after the all that, turn off the oven and turn on the broil to high. Leave it in there for roughly two minutes and it should end up looking something like the top image.

That's all there is to it. Happy Cooking!:pinkiehappy:

I was just about to ask what "perfect" looks like.

Raymanguy
Group Admin

You know, all noodles have that same level of perfect. :pinkiehappy: If you can find it with ramen, then you're set:pinkiesmile:

Raymanguy
Group Admin

Thanks! It's really good and really easy to make:pinkiehappy:

Okay now I know exactly what you're talking about. Assuming instant ramen counts.

Raymanguy
Group Admin

Of course. You know when it's close to perfect then you got it in the bag:pinkiehappy:

Which means that this could potentially be fucked up...

I've fucked up a few cups of ramen, I wouldn't feel good about fucking over all that food.

Raymanguy
Group Admin

Well, like I said, the oven will cook it the rest of the way so it should be fine:pinkiehappy: Unless you just don't put cheese on it or something:twilightsheepish:

Okay.

Have any ideas on what you could add to this to spice it up?

Raymanguy
Group Admin

For spicyness, i suppose you could use some pepperjack cheese. Maybe you could make a meal of it and cook some ground beef or something and make that a layer. Put some bell peppers in it maybe. No idea how that'd taste though:twilightsheepish:

Maybe you could make a meal of it and cook some ground beef or something and make that a layer.

THIS. This is what I've been looking for. Macaroni and cheese has always felt like... this side food you eat along with the real food. I don't like that.

Would you cook the ground beef along with it?

Raymanguy
Group Admin

Not in the same pot or anything but yeah. Fry it until it's brown. Put some Lawery's on it with a dash of kosher salt and some gralic or onion powder.:moustache:

Not in the same pot or anything but yeah

That was what I was asking. :twilightsheepish:

I'm not big into cooking but I'd like to fool around with meat sometime.

Raymanguy
Group Admin

Well you'd be boiling noodles in the one pot so it wouldn't really work:twilightsheepish: And a good meat to fool arounfd with is any kind of tenderlion. There are an insane number of ways to cook tenderlion. It's ridiculous:twilightsheepish:

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind. Now all I need's a desert...

Raymanguy
Group Admin

Well, that my friend is the one area in cooking I can't help you with:twilightsheepish:

:raritydespair:...!

Well maybe others here have ideas. And if not, there's always the internet.

Raymanguy
Group Admin

Yep. Timelord put up a pretty Fudge recipe:pinkiehappy:

Cool. Although... I'm not exactly sure what fudge is.. I've heard of it and probably eaten some though.

Raymanguy
Group Admin

It's like a brownie only made only of chocolate is the best way to describe it:twilightsheepish: Or like thick liquid chocolate depending

I need to make some brownies sometime too.

Raymanguy
Group Admin

Sounds good to me:pinkiesmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 23