The Culinary School of Equestria 25 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Raymanguy
Group Admin

I thought to start the group with the last thing I cooked. That'd be this little beauty here:

The Poor Man's Lasagna. I call it that because I made it out of the random stuff left in my cupboards after we ran out of other foods. Anyway, here's what I did.

Took a big pot type thing and poured in two large cansof peeled tomatoes (more specifically they were the San Marzano and look like this can).

I used a whisk and put the pot on a burner on medium. As the it started to boil, I did my best to mash the tomatoes into a paste type thing. It didnt work out super well as I missed a few or didn't crush them completely. I'd suggest tomatoe paste or hand crush them before putting the pot on the burner. Next, I grated mozzerala cheese sticks (because we saved them in the freezer and had no other cheese). I grated all of the sticks which was about 13-15 sticks. I'd advise more cheese cause I ran out on the last layer.

Once the sauce came to a boil, I dropped it to almost a simmer while I added spices. I say you need to use the smell of it to judge. Without anything, it'll smell kinda acidic so add some sugar to balence it. I tossed in a large dash of garlic powder, followed by oregeno leaves and parsley flakes. Now it should smell like a sauce with a zing. I added more sugar and gave it a taste. You'll need to adjust to taste.

While that was going on, I laid out some no boil lasagna noodles down on a semi deep dish then poured in the sauce when it was ready followed by cheese. Then noodles then sauce and then cheese. I did that until I ran out of of those things. I baked it on 350 degrees F until the cheese was golden.

And that's it. Give it a try. Happy Cooking!:pinkiehappy::twilightsmile:

About how long did the baking take?

Raymanguy
Group Admin

15-20 minutes.

Okay. I'm kinda time obsessive when it comes to putting stuff in the oven. Instead of repeatedly checking, I use a timer.

Raymanguy
Group Admin

That's cool. The cheese will melt a little bit before you put it in the oven because of the sauce. :pinkiehappy:

3402614 I'm not the biggest lasagna fan, but that does look good.

Oh my stars, I want that inside me. :rainbowlaugh:

Raymanguy
Group Admin

Thanks. You should give it a try.:pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9