Stories that need more readers 206 members · 740 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

On January 4th 2015 I began my first MLP fanfiction and completed it in early December.
The story is set not long after the third episode of the fourth season (Castle Mane-ia) and therefore in a time when Twilight is still somewhat comming to terms with her new role as a princess.
Upon recommendation by Princess Celestia a postgraduate student from Fillydelphia by the name of Frank Blanket is sent to Ponyville. The focus of his studies are cutie marks, their origin, the degree to which cutie marks influence their wearers (and vice versa) etc. The recent switching of the cutie marks of Twilight's friends is therefore of particular interest to him.
Frank Blanket turns out to be rather quirky and not always easy to figure out.
Before his studies can get really under way however, a crime committed in ever peaceful Ponyville startles the ponies. The Mane6 and the guest from Fillydelphia get caught in a whirl of events and suspicions caused by an elusive attacker of uncertain motives targeting the minds of citizens of Ponyville. Chains of events are set in motion that may prove vital to all of Equestria in the end.
(Sorry for being so 'cryptic' there, but I don't want to spoil too much)

Much of the first part of the story is about character introduction and interaction that would run well under the "slice of life" label, but since that one cannot be combined with "adventure" I went for the later since the later part of the story is clearly not just everydaylife.
The arc of this story will be continued in a sequel I have already begun but which I haven't put up on fimfiction yet.

I have put a lot of thought, effort and commitment to this story and am really thankful for any comments, feedback, constructive criticism etc. that may help me to improve what needs improvement and maintain what is good in future stories :twilightsmile:

You can find the story on fimfiction or as a PDF-File.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1