The Idea Exchange 266 members · 37 stories
Comments ( 103 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 103
Estee
Group Admin

This thread is for those concepts which would fall comfortably within FIMFic's definition for the 'Teen' rating. Do not read any further down the thread unless you're comfortable with viewing and potentially working with that kind of material.

Estee
Group Admin

I Wanna Marry "Twilight" (Probably rated Teen, with Romance & Comedy)

There's an extremely dubious American reality show on the air as of this writing -- and hopefully not for much longer -- where twelve U.S. females who really should know better are being tricked into thinking they're in a dating competition for the hand of Prince Harry. Because the British royal family would totally participate in that sort of thing. The main entertainment is in watching the various little tricks which the producers are using in the desperate hopes of not being sued. And these clueless women, mostly cast in the hopes of no one feeling sorry for them, chase the affections of an actor who just doesn't care who gets hurt. Whee.

So...

...here we have Flim & Flam. I use them as con artists. And we also have Twilight, the newest of Princesses. The vast majority of ponies haven't met her. Quite a few have seen pictures and some have read articles, but that's their main source of familiarity. Frankly, stick a horn and wings on a mare of roughly the right build, throw in some fur dye, pray you can do something about the mark, and you could just about create your own Twilight in a couple of hours.

So that's what the brothers do.

They recruit a mare -- possibly another con artist, could be a relative innocent in desperate need of money who's been promised a portion of the proceeds -- and make her up to look like Twilight to the best of their ability. (Depending on how you treat marks, this may involve wearing a lot of dresses. It may be easiest to start with a pegasus and have one of the brothers watching her at all times, using their own fields on cue to create 'her' magic.) And then they start looking for the naive, the clueless, and -- mandatory qualification here -- the rich. The brothers pass themselves off as members of the Dawn Guard and go around with subtle announcements that the Princess is looking to get hitched and you are one of the ponies she's considering! All you have to do is come to the castle (rented, stolen, real owner on vacation) and compete for her favor! Gifts are recommended. And since there will be so many ponies there, you'll want to top everypony else...

What we have here is a reality show without the cameras. Flim & Flam are using this as their chance to fleece the romance-intended. Gifts will be sold. If property gets offered, spectacular. Should your Equestria include advance dowries, start the party. They'll make their partner eliminate suitors if somepony appears to be catching on or just running out of money. They'll need to keep things isolated -- you certainly don't want trips, because somepony in the visited area might figure things out. (Or worse, here comes the real Twilight.) Get as much as you can, then get out. Whether your partner gets anything at all... well, what's one more con, right?

You can have fun with the stereotypical reality dating personalities, if that's even possible. You could do marathon laps on the old Joe Schmo track: is someone catching on? What if one of the suitors is faking? But I think the main fun here might be if the fake Twilight -- or even one of the brothers -- began to fall in love. With a suitor? With each other? A brother and 'Twilight' competing over the same pony?

I think it has potential. But it's hardly a short story. And -- it's a reality show without the cameras, with all that implies. Sympathetic characters may be hard to come by. There's probably going to be a lot of ponies to juggle at the start, and even coming in media res means eventually having to establish how we got in this mess. (Although it's a fun option: con the reader by making them think it's actually Twilight for most of the first chapter?) Plus it's certainly not to everyone's taste.

Still, you might get better feedback with it than FOX.

Anyone?

Vague workability?

After you do a lot of tinkering?

ETA: Grimy feels Trixie would be a good candidate for the lure. Pasting from elsewhere:

Well, let me detail why I think she would be the perfect fit:

— Her fanon jealousy/crush/hatred/whatever for Twilight has some great comedic potential in this situation;

— She has both the (lack of) ethics and the skills required to pull it: professional performer, with an history of lying and deceit and a mastery of illusion magic;

— She’s the only unicorn in the show whose magical ability can even remotely compare to that of Twilight Sparkle, which sounds pretty vital to me as far as credibility is concerned;

— On the other hoof, the lack of wings doesn’t seem that bad. An illusion spell could surely create realistic but unusable wings. Not using her wings is much easier to justify than not using magic would have been, considering that Twilight is quite new (and terrible) to this whole “flying” thing;

— Even her cutie mark bears a passing resemblance to Twilight’s: something something with stars, right? (probably still need to cover that up).

That said, I’m not a writer. I’ll just let someone more competent steal this idea.

Re-ETA: Just wanted to add a note here that the series which I based this idea on reportedly just set a record -- lowest-rated thing to air on one of the four major US broadcast networks. Ever. As such, it's been pulled from the schedule and will finish up online. So now anyone tackling this really has it all to themselves.

REposting this from my blog post about said idea:

In an alternate timeline, the prophesy of nightmare moon's return has been on course for nearly a thousand years, Princess Celestia gave land to a family of earth farmers to put a pony town near the edge of the everfree, and thigns are slowly working themselves towards destiny. Then, one day, she starts getting a strange feeling coming from the direction of the palace statue garden. after a while, she goes to investigate, and finds that there's a tiny, infinitesimal crack in the magical prison holding discord. she goes to investigate, and gets sucked into a dreamworld with him. Rather than the draconequus attacking her in some heinous plot to eliminate her and take over, he instead tells her that her precious prophesy has just been de-railed, in that one of the souls needed to use the elements of harmony has jsut been prevented from being concieved, much less born. when celestia asks why he's trying to help him, he responds by telling her "Oh, my dear celestia, Chaos is the antithesis of order, and order, as you know, is 'a place for everything, and every thing in it's place. and if your sister comes back unchecked, everything WILL have a place, and be in it for the rest of eternity as the ENTIRE WORLD FREEZES SOLID!"

Once she exits the dream, Celestia gets on the case of tracking down the ponies that were supposed to have given birth to the soul of one of the aspects of harmony, and finds them, only to learn that due to a carriage accident, the female has been left infertile, just as they were planning on having their second child. In desperation, Celestia offers to help them have a child using an ancient surrogacy spell, using herself as the surrogate mother, not wanting any other pony to make a sacrifice to help save her own sister. 11 months come and go, and the princess' royal belly increases dramatically, before finally the time comes for her to give birth, the two parents who offered fragments of their souls in the cration of this foal are there as celestia delivers a beautiful, healthy foal with a purple coat, a straight, spiraled horn... and a pair of wings.

Royal law decrees that this foal, a born alicorn, is to be royalty. And surrogacy spell or not, this is obviously Celestia's daughter. Celestia insists the 'soul parents' have an involvement in the new princess' life, and takes the, and their son into the castle and grants them a title, but for all that, celestia herself falls irreversibly in love with the little filly she now calls her daughter, and raises her darling Twilight more or less by herself, teaching her everything she knows.

And then, on her daughter's twenty-first birthday, she tells her daughter she's to have her first set of royal duties, in helping to prepare for the summer sun festival in a little town, just down off the mountain...

This idea has been plaguing me for a while now. however, it's way too involved for me to get involved in. it basically sets up an entire alternate version of the show, kinda like rainbow double dash's lunaverse. Like, imagine how different it would be if rainbowdash realised she'd crash landed on royalty in episode one, or if rarity had turned around and seen a face she knew from the news and the fashion magazines staring her in the face. Or more than that, imagine how a full fledged alicorn twilight would react if her mother had just mysteriously dissappeared and her kidnapper had appeared before her (See the battle against tirek for a vague idea :P). the very fact that she's royalty changes a lot in the story of the show, her confidence, her expectations, her beliefs, everything. Edit: nevermind, i honestly don't want to get too involved in a huge ongoing project like that right now. if anyone wants this idea though, just say so.

Further thoughts about I Wanna Marry "Twilight" here.
Bad Horse had this to say about it:

My take on the story is for the fake Twilight to fall in love with a suitor who thinks he's falling in love with Twilight, and for her to believe that he wouldn't love her for herself.
The advantages of using Trixie are that she would do it, and she would be very good at being jealous of Twilight when her love is in love with Twilight instead of with her. The disadvantages are that she would be difficult to make sympathetic, that it would be difficult for her to believe that her suitor wouldn't love Trixie even more than Twilight if only he knew, and that her jealousy would be too strong and unbalance the story.
[...]
I wouldn't [write it as just comedy]; it has the potential for more.

While I can certainly see the potential for more, I still think the idea would work great as a romance/comedy.

Okay, this one could honestly go in any direction. It has the potential to go very dark, so I'm splitting the difference. In any case:

Infinite Dissonance

Chaos is all things, including its own defeat. There may be timelines where Discord was defeated, and even a few where he was "redeemed." There have to be. But they are far from the only ones. Somewhere outside of time and space as we know it, the spirit of Chaos and Disharmony lies back with a tall chocolate milk of glass and watches the futile struggles of those who would defeat him.

Basically, the conceit is an excuse for a compilation of Discord-related bad ends. This could apply to any point in the timeline, from the alicorn sisters to Tirek's return. Discord could drive Twilight mad with the truth behind the universe in the hedge maze, his rehabilitation could go horribly wrong, he could take Tirek's words to heart and betray the centaur first... it's chaos. Anything goes.

The problem is... well, it turns out I don't like writing this kind of story. But I know there a lot of people out there who do. Do with this what you will, my friends.

My idea was fairly simple, but also a little dark. What if the prophecy was wrong, and Nightmare Moon/Luna really WAS stuck on the moon forever? Only Celestia totally believes the prophecy, so she still sends Twilight to Ponyville and does everything else to prepare, but when the stars align and nothing happens, she's forced to actually come out and raise the sun, give a speech in ponyville that she never even bothered to write, etc.

After the intro, the story could play out from Twilight's perspective, to whom everything seems perfectly fine, she's embarrassed about believing in that ridiculous "Nightmare Moon" prophecy, and she can't understand why her mentor seems both seriously depressed and also desperately researching magic to reach the moon, or why Celestia keeps finding excuses to send her back to that small farm town and meet up with those 5 other mares for reasons that seem painfully contrived.

Here's a fun one:
Applejack and Rainbow Dash decide to go on a date. It's a perfectly ordinary first date, and they figure they could do it again later. This story isn't about that though. This story is about how their friends, upon finding out about the date, completely freak out.
-Pinkie Pie, being Pinkie Pie, subscribes to a horoscope. According to her horoscope, Dash and Applejack are incompatible. She attempts to warn them both, but her rambling is constantly misinterpreted as something else. Then she tries to sabotage their dates, but her sabotage is contantly accidentally foiled by somepony else.
-Fluttershy has very distinct memories of Dash being teased due to her rainbow mane connecting her with some obscure "pro-gay" rioters. (Despite the fact that gay marriage has been legal in Equestria for centuries). She incorrectly assumes that Applejack asked Rainbow out, further assumes that Rainbow is hiding her pain (Rainbow didn't get the references), and tries her darndest to pull "If you ever hurt her" speeches and/or sabotage the dates.
-Rarity, in a dramatic failing of her social prowess, flat out did not know about homosexuality. She spends most of the fic awkwardly trying to support her friends while dealing with her own shock (not disgust, it's more a "wait this exists?" thing) and starts imagining all manner of females hitting on her despite her definite hetrosexuality.
-Recently Crowned Princess Twilight Sparkle has been researching noble politics and gotten a little frazzled from lack of sleep. She can't help but see the blooming relationship in political context, which leads to her suspecting power blocks are making moves, which causes her to grow increasingly paranoid and try to subtly get answers out of the two.
-As this is a comedy fic, Applejack and Rainbow Dash remain completely oblivious to all the above. More importantly, however, their friends remain oblivious to each other's machinations, and the whole situation just gets crazier as more and more of Ponyville gets involved.
...hmm, I'm not sure if this is Everyone or Teen. I'll put it in both.

This is an idea I had way back at the end of the third season and never really did anything with. Please note that this idea is, by necessity, OC focused, which is the main reason I've never been able to do anything with it. The way I was thinking of this was as a comedy/slife-of-life, but there's a lot of ways this could be taken.

Hyperportentia

So, in one way of looking at things, the Season Three Finale introduced destiny as something that is both manipulable and tangible in Equestria. If destiny is something not only physically real but natural, rather than some metaphysical concept, that raises some uncomfortable questions I won't really go into, but it also opens the possibility of problems with a pony's fate. Destiny disorders, fate deformities, honestly the whole idea was formed around the phrase 'congenital fate disorder'. If something is natural, that something can go wrong. There are a lot of ways something based on this could go, not necessarily as a story idea even but as a character in a story.

My idea is that some pony was born with a broken destiny such that she is a magnet for every portent, prophecy, bad omen and gut feeling in the general area, like she got the Cassandra gene copied 400 times over. This might have given her a very exciting life back in the bad old days, but there just aren't that many momentous events in modern Manehattan, so she receives most of her dozens of daily omens about really mundane stuff. Her waiter starts babbling in tongues about the next hoofball game. Her soup mysteriously arranges into a message about next week's electrical outage. Old Mr. Elm gets the black spot again, that means Ms. Leery's running out of sugar and she's bout to come ask for some. The major impetus of the story would be a depiction of this mare being constantly inconvenienced by all the pointless signs around her in her daily life.

The major problem is that this doesn't really work with any canon characters, and I never came up with any personality for the OC beyond 'probably pretty snarky', which is a major problem for a character-based piece like I was apparently trying to make.

Anyone can feel free to do whatever they want with any of my ideas here.

Darkness Shall Rise
Tags: dark, adventure
Characters: main six, Luna, Celestia, OC
Long ago, before even the windigoes, evil took a new name: the Niam. They sought to destroy the world, but were sealed in the deepest pit below the earth for their crimes. Now, they are breaking free.
The deadly Niam, bound by their one hundred seals, are shattering the seals slowly but surely. As Twilight and her friends try to discover a way to defeat the Niam, Celestia and Luna must journey to the Niam prison to try and prevent them from escaping. Their destination: Tartarus.
Meanwhile, a cruel and vicious entity that calls itself 'Wisc' moves through the ranks of the main six. As Wisc begins to pick off enemies of the Niam one by one, will Twilight and her friends be able to root out this weed?

This idea has been in my head far longer than any other, but I can't pull it off. Their are twenty-four Niam, so I didn't list them here. If you want, you could use only some or all of them.

Here's an idea I had a while back, and never did anything with:

Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria, there were two regal sisters. The elder used her unicorn magic to bring forth the sun to begin the day, and the younger brought out the moon to begin the night. But as time went on, the younger noticed that while ponies relished and played in the day time, they slept through her wonderful nights. The younger sister grew resentful, and eventually transformed into a wicked creature of darkness: Nightmare Moon. The two sisters fought, scarring the land before the elder sister was able to summon the most powerful magic known to ponykind: the elements of harmony. Using the elements, she banished her sister to the moon, and took on the role of raising both sun, and moon, and Equestria has had harmony ever since.

But the two sisters’ fight had unintended consequences. The great outpouring of magic scarred the land irrevocably. Feilds grew fallow quicker, and within five years, it became clear that this would not be a short-term problem. Ponies toiled night and day to find a solution. And they found one.

The ponies took to the sky.

Airships were nothing new. Infrequent, limited to the extreme upper echelons of high society, but not new. The ponies understood the science behind making an airship well enough that some experimentation was going on. The Land Fallowing kicked that into high gear. Within half a decade, the first ‘Ark’ ship, an artificial farm in the sky, was launched. The land it contained was taken from the most fertile fields across Equestria. Within two years, it had been proven that it was outputting a steadily increasing crop of hay. Upon this success, more were immediately slated for construction. The designs got better, bigger. The time to build them shorter and shorter. They pushed the understanding of aerodynamics to new heights-literally.

Twenty years after the first Ark ship launched, the next project was unveiled-a stationary floating Ark ship without the need for a balloon to keep it aloft. They’d scoffed at the time, claiming it was impossible, but when the Tambleon not only flew, but stayed up under its own power, as well as producing it’s crop, the detractors had to admit they were wrong. It was kept aloft by giant whirling ‘propellors’, forcing the air down, and powered by magically charged crystals. A single crystal could keep one of the giant engines going for years if of sufficient quality.

That was over a thousand years ago. Now, ponies live and work in the sky. Entire cities are suspended in the air. Great ark ships, bigger than any cloud city, rumble through the skies. Magic and technology, forced to intersect due to an ancient necessity.

The transition was not seamless, though. The pegasi, though understanding of the earth ponies’ need to have ground no longer connected to the ground of equestria, so that their own magic could dominate, rather than be overpowered by the residual magic left from the Princesses’ duel, did not take well when the other races began to adopt air travel not from just the ground to the floating farms, but to all the other farms. They certainly did not appreciate when the first air-shanty towns began appearing, built on old ark ships, and their ire was sparked once and for all when the first floating cities began appearing.

There are a few ways someone could go with this, but I never really decided what I wanted to do with it, so I'm throwing it up here. Could be a nice adventure fic, or something.

I was going to write a bunch of one shots where I fuse random universes with pony, but I found out that I am utterly incapable of realizing that dream after my failure at doing so.

Here are some of them (from my blog that no one reads).
-Vinyl Scratch is Alucard. Octavia gets curious, gets caught.

-What if two people only have their mind and vision switched, but not their bodies?
Example: Person A's mind is stuck in Person B, but still controls body of Person A. Therefore, Person A still controls the same body, but receives sensory signals from Person B's body. Person A only feels pain from B, so A can punch A's self and B can't do anything about it unless B goes over to stop A.

-Someone using the Mirror Pool to sort of cheat death, and doesn't care that for all intents and purposes the original has died 200 years ago.

-Starswirl the Bearded being a Time Lord Expy, none of the Gallopfrey cheating crap.

3332704 Oh that sounds like a fun idea. You would really want to use Trixy for all the reasons mentioned. You can run things episodically with goofy challenges and things like that. How many stallion background characters are there? Though it wouldn't be a problem if you used mares too. It's a promising idea to say the least.

Crossposting this from Bionicle Crossovers:

So I've had this idea knocking around in my head for the last few days, which, in a nutshell, goes like this.

Equestria and it's neighbors are located inside of a giant equinoid robot, measuring 40,000,000 feet (12,192 kilometers) at the withers. Equestria itself is located on the equivalent of the northern continent, with the Crystal Empire either between the shoulders or in the head, Metru Nui style. Naturally, only Celestia and Luna themselves have even the faintest idea that this is the case, even them only able to recall legends. I can think of two ways for the ponies to start discovering this fact. One: a sea voyage encounters the Great Barrier and survives to tell the tale. And two: A certain blue pegasus is setting a new altitude record, and ends up hitting her head on the top of the dome, making their enclosure undeniable. The second option could also be initiated or backed up by sounding rockets. Celestia and Luna themselves (and possibly Cadance as well) could either be Turaga Nui or Toa Nui (a combination of six separate Toa)

I... Honestly don't feel up to writing out this whole scenario myself, so I'm just going to throw it out there and see what you guys do with it.

I've since decided that Faust would make a good Great Spirit, and making the robot an alicorn would feel appropriate.

ok so i had an idea that i myself may even try writing at some point but as of right now it is not possible

first of all its in a humanized equestria people have different specializations and all but we see some trends and example being the ones that we know as pegasi being more about manipulating elements earth ponies becoming warrior hybrid ones such as paladins or druids zecora being a shaman for an example or big mac being a druid or something like that and unicorns being more arcane in a sense. i dont know how to really describe that though any way

so its about this one guy who was born in an elementalist town who specializes in electokenisis but hates the using magic all the time to solve problems because of this he is ostracized as he is going against many decades if not centuries of common thought growing bitter at this resistance he moves away to conduct his ideas in private now this is where some things get more complex on one hand going to this universes version of cloudsdale could open up military aspects since it is the base of the wonder bolts and could allow for and expansion in that manner allowing for the guard to have better equipment and eventually being more accepted that way after all some of our technology was developed by the military in this idea someone like spitfire or someone important in that city encounters it and is initially hesitant but over time slowly introduces it here it would be much like that one guy who has the right idea but every one is so used to the usual way of doing things that he gets laughed at but eventually wins them over

on the other hand if it was in this universes equivalent of pony ville then perhaps something similar to zecora could happen only there is a great deal of resistance from the nature types as they see the destructive potential and only that but a few others such as pinkie and maybe rarity see the other side to it and here it becomes a struggle of acceptance you have people that are connected to government who can investigate claims of danger and subsequently put limits on it but then you would have a bitter guy who tries to find ways around it

in either case one of the things that would be interesting would be the main character themself male or female you have this bitter person who has gained a self dislike because of rarely using magic instead focusing on technology having that person all of a sudden be praised for their creations and slowly accepting some magic back in their life would be a good step in character development given the situation they were in.

in terms of character interaction cloudsdale is much more open as you could create your own characters to interact with as it has very few named characters if the ponyville version is more your thing then try having something similar to zecora in bridle gossip as an idea for interaction but keep in mind the difference in character zecora was much more accepting of life alone in this case he just sees it as more jerks trying to mess with him and cause pain for his choice of specialization

romance is possible in the clouds dale version spitfire might be a good pair or even fleetfoot to give her some personality in the ponyville version i am willing to say rarity or maybe big mac or for real opposite pair if that is your bag of tea fluttershy and zecora though the romance is entirely optional

i feel like i thought out a good idea but cant focus it. maybe in the future when i have improved i can try this one but until then i am happy to let someone else give it a try if you have any questions feel free to ask as well

Cutie Mark Crusaders: Blackjack Dealers! YAY!

Teen, Slice of Life.

In an effort to plug the gaping hole in the town rebuilding budget, Mayor Mare turns to one of the favoured money making schemes of governments. Legalised gambling. With all the buzz surrounding the building of the Ponyville Casino, the CMC look to a new avenue to get their marks.

For Sweetie Bell, it works. (A Croupier mark, if you go for puns.)

With her special talent manifesting itself, she goes to get a job at the casino. The owner (Royal Flush) is a moral and ethical pony, disinterested in the vice and crime typically associated with gambling. He's overworking himself to prevent the downward spiral the society suffers when a casino opens. All he wants is to provide a fun and safe place for ponies to play games of chance. He employs the young filly and takes on a role as mentor.

He also shamelessly uses her obliviousness and naïveté for his own end. Hotel guest asks ambiguously for late night, female company to "play" with? He sends Sweetie Bell for an evening of wholesome and innocent board games (not the hooker they were expecting. Best of all, they can't complain without getting into trouble with the law.) Local underworld figures ask for somepony to "deal" for them? Sweetie Bell turns up with cards and poker chips (and Big Mac in the background, moonlighting as casino security). Con men looking to set up their crooked game? Not only do they have to pitch it to Sweetie Bell, but she spots every flaw and calls them on it. All of this without her realising the true intentions of the other ponies involved.

She also refuses to have anyone at her table that can't afford to lose. She sends problem gamblers home before they get themselves into trouble (and being a young filly, the lesson sinks in).

It makes for the most wholesome and crime-free casino ever. How could anypony commit an unsavoury act around that doe-eyed bundle of cute?

Throw in having her also trying to juggle school, and keeping in touch with Apple Bloom and Scootaloo. Plenty of room there for interesting tales.

Just think of subverting every casino trope there is with the cutest filly from MLP:FIM. Think of it as Royal Flush using Sweetie Bell as weaponised cute against Ponyville's dark underbelly, all while Sweetie Bell is completely oblivious. Should be good for several chapters, and some laughs. Especially if Scootaloo and Apple Bloom don't get their marks. (Hey, Dinky. Do you want to be the new unicorn of the CMC?)

The teen rating would be for the situations Sweetie Bell finds herself in, not because anything violent or sexual happened to her.

Title: The 300
Teen, Adventure

My name is [Insert Name Here], Interpol. In the year 2010, a string of mysterious disappearances occurred around the world. From the United States of America, India, China, Australia, there had been reports of people, young men and women vanishing without a trace. Initial reports speculated human trafficking, piracy, even alien abductions but the results were never conclusive. At first, the abductions seemed random, unrelated... until I discovered a relatively common pattern. The only thing these victims had in common were the fact they were all fans of Hasbro's new franchise My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I doubt it was mere coincidence but the suits were far from convinced.

In the year 2014, the final number tallied to over 300. Then one day, on October 10th, 2020, ten years after the initial disappearance, 300 unknown individuals appeared in the heart of Washington DC.

Reasons remain unclear but each and every one of them testified to one thing, for ten years, they were citizens of a mystical land named Equestria. There were a number of psychological problems, depression, anxiety, distraught. A good number mentioned having families they could never see again. And just when my luck couldn't get any worse, one by one, they were turning up dead.... someone or something was hunting them. What was going on? What happened over the course of ten years? I need to know.

Plot:
An Interpol agent gets roped into an investigation involving 300 missing individuals across the globe. 10 years had passed since that day and the case had gone cold until the sudden simultaneous reappearance of these 300 individuals. Most of them were deemed delirious, claiming that they had families, a life back in a place called Equestria, a land filled with pastel colored creatures called 'ponies' from the show Friendship is Magic. But the case gets odd as some of these individuals displayed supernatural abilities. The plot thickens as one by one, they ended up dead... someone or something is hunting them. What lies behind the mystery of these missing 300?

This Is Why I Don't Take You Places

The concept for the idea is very simple, and leaves a lot of breathing room and creative opportunity for the writer. Basically, one of Octavia's song is nominated for a music award at one of the most honored and most watched events in Equestria(I'm imagining something similar to the Oscar's or something). Vinyl has never been to an event like that, And pleads to go. Octavia thinks Vinyl wants to go because thats whAt friends do, and she wants to be supportive. It's true, but Vinyl also wants to go and meet he music producers who go, and try to make a name for herself.

Needless to say, it goes horribly. Vinyl will end up constantly embarrassing Octavia at the event, whether it be getting drunk, or simply clamoring on stage as Octavia accepts her award and making a big scene. Either way, its just an Idea that I've had. I view it as a pure comedic story.

Bugs aren't Icky
Tags: Romance
Characters: Snails, Chrysalis, Changelings

A few assumptions, here.
1. Snails' cutie mark & special talent have to do with bugs.

2. Snails isn't an idiot. Or if he is, he's an idiot savant.
There's some of this with all ponies, as most of them are fairly obsessed with their special talent, and far, far, far less in anything else, but maybe it's even more extreme with Snails. If it doesn't have to do with snails, insects or similar creepy-crawlies, he does not give a flying buck.

3. Chrysalis has some issues with being a creature that feeds on love, but has never found anyone who can love her for who she is.
Every single time Chrysalis has felt love, it's either been from the Hive (which is less personal and more "you're the Queen") or because she's disguised as someone else and/or mind-controlled them. Every pony she's ever shown herself to in her true form has either felt fear, hatred or betrayal. She has never met a pony that was happy to see her.

Plot:
I have no clue. I just want to see some Snails x Chrysalis fics! Snails likes bugs. Chrysalis is buggy. Let the love blossom!

3333455 Considering Estee has been pulling off "A Mark of Appeal" way better than (s)he (Estee, I think I recall somewhere you saying you are female? I can't remember.) has any right to be able too, I think this similar concept could be fleshed out well by him/her. :pinkiehappy:

3339235 i really like this idea, I can't write it but well done

Comment posted by David-The-Peach deleted Jun 21st, 2014

Blueblood: Was Once A Man
Tags: Human, Comedy, Slice of Life, Romance
Characters: Blueblood, Celestia

Where did the Prince come from? Earth, of course! Blueblood was actually a human who appeared in Equestria and was turned into a pony (you know, like you do). He was taken in by Celestia and taught how to handle his new body. Once he could walk without tripping, he was introduced to society as her "nephew," which was left unquestioned since it was CELESTIA; it's hard enough to question royalty, let alone divinity.

Blueblood actually adjusted quite well to pony life. Polite, outgoing, friendly... just not romantic. See, he has no problems with being friends with ponies, but deep down, he still thinks like a human and has issues with thinking of them... "intimately". When he sees a mare with love in their eyes, he tends to... overreact. Not intentionally! He just gets nervous and starts acting without thinking.

I'd like to imagine that in previous Galas, he would panic more obviously. Probably make an excuse about having to walk his toaster, and then run screaming from the room; the mare just thinking "How charmingly eccentric!"

Why Teen?
Well, at some point it's going to have to talk about the difference between mares liking him, and like-liking him. And it should at least mention that it's not that he doesn't like girls, it's that he doesn't like horses that way.

I'm publicly claiming CMC blackjack dealers, look for it in the next day or two.

3370366 You're supposed to reply to the comment, at least I think that.

3370370 well I already did, and the creator is my pre-reader so he definitely knows...I think i'm covered

Magical Mystery Cure, Hard Mode
Tags: Alternate Universe, Adventure
Characters: Discord, Twilight, Mane-6

Celestia gave Twilight Star Swirl's book. When she activates the spell, Discord interferes and decides that he doesn't want his friend to be miserable.
Months later, Twilight comes up with the counter spell; however, she has to contest with the decision whether to fix what isn't broken or to let them all live a lie.

Rated T due to maturity needed to understand the psychological baggage in it.

Version 1

Discord doesn't allow the Elements to take the easy way out, just shoving the girls into each others lives: each girl now has a complete set of memories and the skills to go with them.

(*) Applejack forgot about fashion as soon as her Cutie Mark showed her that she would have a future in mining, gemmology and lapidary.
(*) Rarity learned weather manipulation for the purpose of light shows. Raves and rock concerts line up for her services.
(*) Rainbow Dash is an entomologist and silk manufacturer. And wishes to make silk tough enough for Wonderbolt uniforms.
(*) Fluttershy makes balloon animals.
(*) Pinkie is still a cook, but her specialty is shifted to apple delectables.

Version 2
This one was meant to be the sequel to a story of mine about Pinkie being the one to reform Discord (basically teaching him moderation on his pranks).

Didi was suddenly shaken awake by a strange magical sensation on her flanks.

Casting aside the bed covers, she caught the tail end of her Cutie Marks lighting up, like a foal just getting them.

Being careful not to wake up the other head on her shoulders, she slipped out of bed, walked to their full body mirror and, after summoning some ethereal light to see with, she had a good look at her Cutie Mark.

Her apple trinity Cutie Mark.

And just as Didi began feeling the soul underneath to remodel itself into a faulty image of a certain local farm-pony, Didi decided to see things more closely.

At a lick, the recent magic on the still-warm Cutie Mark tasted like the Elements.

And with the Elements being her direct area of responsibility, Didi had perfect motive to violate her current ‘parole’...

Thus Didi, the second head of Pinkie Pie, retreated inside her nest inside the soul of one Pinkamena Dianne Pie, where she casually broke the five-dimensional bindings that her daughter Celestia had ‘imposed’ on her, then shed the pretence of being something as small as a pony and became Discord, the Avatar of Chaos.

Or tried to, as Didi had wrapped herself so tightly inside the Didi persona that she came up as Didi, the Avatar of Chaos. Thus she very carefully opened her own mind, slinked out, and then Discord carefully picked up and folded the Didi persona.

And Discord, the Avatar of Chaos, carefully keyed open the multitude of interlocking limiters that his dear Faust and him had designed to limit him into a five dimensional shape of a mere Avatar of his real self.

And about three seconds after Didi Pie shrunk into the shoulders of Pinkie Pie, King Erebus, the All-Father of Equus, was back on His realm. He didn’t even dare blink, however, as he knew that his merest stir could lay waste to this pony town, let alone the soap bubble that was the soul of this mortal pony. So first thing he did was inject the slightest hint of his own essence into the essence of the mortal pony, and only stop once Pinkamena Dianne Pie was beyond mere immortal status and well into demigod range: still nothing on a titan like Him, but more than enough to toss wrenches at the machinations of His godly daughters.

Following with His original plan for becoming His real self again, King Erebus reached into the soul of Pinkamena Pie, found her anchor as a Bearer to one of the six Elements of Harmony and, backtracking it, found the Essence of the Elements.

And he barely needed a cursory glance at the spellwork laid between Queen Faust and Him for Him to spot the clumsy alterations made by His daughter Celestia: she had shuffled the inner natures of five of the Bearers so they would be unfit for their Elements, thus causing the regalia connected to the Elements to accumulate their energy until it could surge into and elevate into immortality His daughter’s chosen target: the Bearer of the Element of Congress, the unicorn Twilight Sparkle.

And well: if Celestia wanted to play mischief, she would be made to remember Who had created the game.

King Erebus thus removed the clumsy alterations; then created the runes needed for his daughter’s plan to work... under His rules. He then rewinded Time and made sure that the new runes predated the execution of Celestia’s plan.

And just before He folded himself back into the shape of an avatar and the avatar then folded itself into the shape of a pony persona, He empowered the persona to the same level as he had empowered the pony who had opened her body and soul to share with His avatar...

...And about fifteen minutes before, Didi Pie suddenly bolted awake, which would have meant a rude awakening for Pinkie if Pinkie, the mare controlling the left side of their body, hadn’t been awoken a moment before by the full body twitch preceding a dozy. Pinkie and Didi took a moment to blink away the cobwebs, then turned at each other and began mashing their heads together...

...And a short while later, a schizophrenic mare that would answer to either Pinkie or Didi was popping an aspirin, still reeling from the splitting headache of having merged her two minds into one. Thankfully, she knew that she would only need to stay in this form for a few more minutes...

...And a few minutes later, indeed, her Cutie Mark shone and changed into a rainbow-thunderbolt. She let go of her mental efforts...

...And Pinkie and Didi smiled at themselves, letting themselves be swept by a tide of false memories that, somehow, had the two of them being born and growing up as a two-headed mare.

And on the Golden Oaks Library, behind the back of Twilight Sparkle, the Element of Loyalty became a double-width collar.

As Twilight gathered the magical energies needed for the reversal spell, she looked around her friends one last time, once again wondering if it was okay from her to wish to fix what clearly wasn’t broken. Besides, it had been six months now and only the princesses, Spike and her knew anymore that things weren’t right... despite being right.

Her eyes first fell on Applejack Bloodwing, the caretaker to Ponyville’s animal shelter. Under her, the shelter had shifted into a medical refuge for great beasts from the Everfree. Combining Fluttershy’s selfless nature and love of woodland creatures with Applejack’s bold personality had made Applejack into a dedicated ranger to the Everfree Forest, constantly combing it and with her frequently tending to injured manticores and being pals with that Stephen Magnet, the drake that inhabited the Everfree River.

Besides, Twilight still felt awkward about never having known Fluttershy’s clan name. All the better, though, as Fluttershy’s real parents seemed to be thinly-veiled racists that never stopped praising Applejack’s happiness ‘despite not having wings’. Twilight could easily imagine that Fluttershy’s relationship with them was much less than stellar, considering that they visited Applejack every weekend, yet had never visited Fluttershy.

Next in line was Fluttershy Belle, fashionista and owner of the Carrousel Boutique. Combining Rarity’s entrepreneuring spirit and love of fashion with Fluttershy’s own able seamstress hooves and still-there love of nature had resulted in some astounding works; and with them then being underpriced based on Fluttershy’s insecurities, Carrousel Boutique was now so busy that Fluttershy had hired four fulltime seamstresses for her back room.

Talking about Rarity, she was surprising as the new Element of Laughter: her own refinement and maturity combined with old Pinkie’s affinity for partying had resulted in an explosion to the variety of parties that Ponyville’s party pony was offering: Twilight had in fact been invited twice a month to Rarity’s Trojan Symposiums, which were so popular that currently had waiting lists three months long.

Equally surprising, Pinkie and Didi Dash were well and truly successful as the weather manager for the Ponyville region: their bizarre orders often led to wild weather that would always cancel itself just in the nick of time and would have accomplished the day’s task ‘in ten minutes flat.’ Besides, it was just art in motion to see the two headed pony going solo on a balloon and then jumping off and playing pony pinball until they had completely evaporated the latest Everfree rogue weather pattern.

Never mind that, except for the princesses and herself, nopony remembered Pinkie having only one head! Well, everypony could remember this or that time when they had seen Pinkie with only one head, but everypony always rationalized those as “Dashie being Dashie”. Twilight still couldn’t figure out if the false memories created by Star Swirl’s spell were malfunctioning on Pinkie or if it simply was about Pinkie being Pinkie, but Twilight had preferred not to dwell too deeply into it: Pinkie was still Pinkie, wrong element or not, and Discord on her shoulders or not.

Next was the most changed of her friends: Zap Apple! The once laid-back Rainbow Dash was now a hurricane of activity in her tending of Sweet Apple Acres, and her only naps where those that Granny Smith demanded her to take regularly. And while she did look up to the Wonderbolts, her priorities were on the farm and she was in peace with her option.

And last but not least, as far as Twilight was concerned, where those ponies ‘between the lines’: Applebloom was more or less the same filly whether she had Applejack or ‘Zap Apple’ as an older sister; on the other hand, Sweety and Fluttershy communicated a lot better than Sweety and Rarity ever had, with Sweety Belle waging a constant war against her sister’s insecurities and being her most devout cheerleader. Compared to that, Rarity had mostly kept her sister at hoof’s length, making Sweety thirst her approval. And then, the whole deal with Scootaloo: it had been sheer luck for Zap to discover Scoots to be an orphan living in an abandoned hovel, and once the reversal took place, Scoots might be back to her hovel rather than the legally adopted daughter of her “big sister Zap.”

‘I can’t do this!’ she thought, specifically glancing at Scootaloo, Fluttershy and Sweetie. ‘I will not destroy everypony’s happiness just out of my selfish desire for order!’ She then tried to dissipate the magical energies that she had been summoning for the last few minutes

(Twilight comes to the decision that just because she thinks that things aren’t orderly doesn’t mean that things aren’t right. She tries to cancel the spell, but a spirit behind the Elements of Harmony seizes the spell and forces her to invest its energies into a different version of the same).

“Order does not equal good
Chaos does not equal evil
Thus let our God, the All-Father
Be our impartial judge!”

(Erebus stops Celestia in her attempt to ascend Twilight, then summons the remaining Elements and Luna and scolds Celestia for overstepping her place. He sniffs his oldest daughter and smells grandchildren. He summons Cadence and calls her granddaughter. He then turns the Elements regalia into two crowns, two collars and eight horse-boots, turns the remaining girls into demigods, and tells the girls that if Equestria ever needs two more goddesses, they have the power to temporarily be it. Pinkie immediately gets in the spirit and shoves Rarity at Fluttershy and summons them a mirror, Rainbow at Applejack and summons them a weight set, and then dives into Twilight. Twilight is initially dismayed, but then Pinkie and Didi show her how to manipulate dimensions, and Twilight begins drooling at so much undiscovered knowledge.
Once they return from the Celestial plane, each of the girls now has two Cutie Marks: their natural ones on their left flanks and their swapped ones on their right. In the same fashion, they now have double sets of memories, and grow much closer for it.)
(Epilogue: Twilight is invited to judge an apple-bucking contest between Applejack and Dash. Later she goes to Fluttershy's and Rarity's latest fashion show (starred by a mysterious model named Gorgeous Shy), and returns home and is unsurprised to find Poky Pierce sneaking out and Pinkie and Didi asleep on her guest bedroom.)

Ok, I've got two ideas. One of them is kind of worn out. And it's something like this:

My Little Woona
A random guy finds a little Luna in a box. He doesn't know what to do. He's not specially fond of MLP, but he thinks he must give a home to the little filly in front of him. He would tell his family? His friends? His girlfriend? Plus, why this little filly acts so strange in the night?

Characters: Luna, Nightmare Moon

Like I said, there are tons of My Little Dashie copies and rip offs, but I haven't seen one where the father is not a brony. Most of the time is a dream come true, so that made me think: Why should be a dream come true? Why can't be something you never dreamed or expected?

That's one of my ideas.

The other idea I have was one I had for my Doctor Whooves Stories. The problem I found is that it doesn't stick with the rest of the story.

I had write all the details in a blog post, so I'll put a link.

The Pony of Blood

Characters: The Doctor (Doctor Whooves), Twilight Sparkle, The Family of Blood.
My blog entry with all the details.

Thanks.

(Story Concept)
After almost losing the farm for the umpteenth time, Applebloom inquiries why they don't own it which leads to a hunt for documentation through Ponyville history AMD politics. Leads to Mayor's involvement in a scheme which leaves her in a position of power over many businesses and ponies and keeping her in office. Applejack decides to run against her. Dark politics ensue.

Primarily Related Tags
-Slice of Life, Dark
Rating
Teen with potential to be Mature depending on the Author's tastes
Notes:
-The focus of the story is on Applejack trying to learn the ways of politics
-Cliche Expectation: Applejack starts doing political dark things (bribes, blackmail, physical threats) then changes her ways and wins by honest means. ((This is a cliche expectation: You can run with it or go against it))
-I toyed with the idea of a closet gay Big Mac that could be a potential arc for 'scandal' that Mayor Mare can use against Applejack's campaign
-This idea was before Princess Twilight, so I hadn't thought about the benefits of having a Princess backing Applejack's campaign.

Dibs.

More eloquently, I believe I would like to write that story. I’ve been mulling the possibilities over in my head for the past few weeks, waiting to see if I could come up with a solid direction before somebody claimed it for themselves.

I actually had a mild (re. figurative) heart attack when I saw somebody had replied, but since Estee hasn’t taken up on Super Trampoline’s suggestion… Badda bing.

It’ll probably be a couple weeks to a month before any part of this story sees Fimfiction, but I will be working on it once I finish up the last ten-thousand or so words of my latest novella.

Thank you very much for the inspiration, GreyNoise! If you have any other thoughts about the concept, please PM me!

On that note, give more than you take, amiright?

Story Title: Hinny of the Hills

Suggested Tags: [Romance][Sad]

Outline
The story begins with a lone donkey jenny (female) working as a servant girl in the pony city of [insert German/pony pun here], in the early days of an epic pony/[some other species] war (it’s pretty topical around town). She’s swept off her feet by the handsome Noblestallion who happens to be her boss. Starry night under the stars, gazing into each other’s eyes, yadda yadda.

Please remember to keep the rendezvous teen-rated.

After a few weeks of such lovey-dovey nonsense, [Noblestallion’s] fiancé returns home from abroad. Oops. She’s mad. While [Nobelstallion] is fairly wealthy, [Fiancé] is the one with the political pull. [Noblestallion] was doing his best to rebel against a marriage [Fiancé] arranged, which understandably leaves [Servant Girl] heartbroken.

[Fiancé] (“I’ve got the law on my side!”) uses her political clout to finalize the marriage right then and there, giving her control of [Noblestallion’s] house. She then gets him drafted to the front lines of the epic pony/[other] war, where he is almost immediately killed. She sends [Servant Girl] off by herself into the wilderness, where she is sure to be eaten by [mythological creatures].

In the middle of winter, [Servant Girl] stumbles upon a creaky cottage in the midst of the woods. She’s pretty beat up, starving… and pregnant. A kindly old [goat/other] takes her in, feeds her, clothes her, and tries to make her feel comfortable.

[Servant Girl] passes away during childbirth. The old [goat/other] manages to save the sickly newborn, a hybrid between ponies and donkeys. He names the new filly Hinny, and takes it upon himself to raise her.

Twenty-odd years later, Hinny wishes to move out from under the care of the old [goat/other]. She moves to the town of her parents, and signs on as a [job relating to talent] in [Fiancé’s] house.

Hinny’s an optimistic person, willing to look for the good in anything. She doesn’t always find it, especially since various servants and other help have become jaded under Fiancé’s control (Especially [Fiancé’s Housekeeper]). The author will have to take care when building relationships and moving the plot, in order to make Hinny likable instead of Sue-ish. Slowly making friends by knocking down barriers would be recommended, as well as the occasional dejecting failure.

Now would be a perfect time to brew up a romance between Hinny and [Hot Guy], if you wish.

But she does make a few friends, and word spreads about her kindly ways. Word gets back to [Fiancé] about her. At first, she’s uninterested in the life of a servant girl regardless of the effect she has on people. Eventually, though, Hinny gets into her head. A good point for comparison would be to craft a more in-depth version of Snow White's Evil Queen’s jealousy. It should be a slow burn during this part of the story, where she gradually grows more and more upset about the influence Hinny’s gaining.

Eventually, she grows so poisoned with jealousy that she hatches a plan to murder Hinny. She invites Hinny to luncheon under the pretense of wanting to get to know this remarkable mare everypony’s been talking about. She orders [Housekeeper] to slip [fantasy poison] into Hinny’s tea.

[Fiancé] and Hinny talk over tea. Over the course of their conversation, Hinny continually tells [Fiancé] that cynicism isn’t always the best mindset, while [Fiancé] argues for realism. [Fiancé] gets a leg up on Hinny, revealing how life has hurt her. How [Noblestallion] was unfaithful, how her city fell under hard times during the epic pony/[other] war, how she’s constantly been stepped upon. She drives Hinny to tears.

She chokes on her own spit. She keels over as her throat constricts, denying her air. Hinny rushes to her side, crying for help. [Housekeeper] walks in and reveals [Fiancé’s] plot to murder Hinny, and how she switched the teacups so that [Fiancé] would drink the poison. Hinny runs off to get help, but is too late.

[Housekeeper] is arrested and carted off, [Fiance] is buried, and the house of [Noblestallion] is in ruins. Hinny becomes the girl everypony looks to, to see what she believes they should do. Perhaps the best way to end would be an epilogue where they are slowly but surely building up the town. Maybe accompanied by a rousing song.

Additional Notes
I envision this to be a novelization of the Bridleway Musical sensation. As such, we’ve got prose instead of songs, but I won’t begrudge the author the occasional parody lyrics (though they might not fit well with the tone of the story, unless you plan to parody something like Les Miserables or Phantom of the Opera). My original concept for the story was to have all the dialogue in rhyme, but that might seem tacky if the rest of the story isn’t poetry.

So there you go; the story in all its outlined glory. I’d feel bad about putting up so much, if I wasn’t a firm believer that you can’t spoil a good story. It’ll still grip you.

I'd also be willing to work with the author a little, if they want additional thoughts or input.

No title for this one, "Monster" might work, depending on which way the author chooses to take it.

Tags: Human, (Maybe) Dark

A human figures a way to travel between our world and Equestria. In our world s/he is a vet, specialising in the treatment and breeding of race horses. In Equestria s/he works out of a hospital/clinic offering artificial insemination. S/he may not even try to teach hir methods to the pony doctors and nurses, partly because it gives hir a monopoly, and partly because s/he still sees them as animals...

As payment for hir services s/he takes geneitic material (ova, semen, zygotes, DNA from other samples) back to our world in order to try to raise sapient magical talking ponies. Again using artificial insemination, local horses as surrogates, and maybe even cloning (think "Dolly" the sheep, rather than the more fantastic machines of science fiction).

This is where things could turn nasty. In Equestria, perhaps s/he has a lousy bedside manor (not used to patients that talk after all, and unconcerned about an "animal's" feelings).

There are several ways things could go for the genetic material brought back to our world (depending on how dark you want to make things.)
1) Without the magic of Equestria, unicorns can't cast spells, pegasi can't fly, earth ponies have no connection to the land and get sick. No ponies get cutie marks.
2) Without the magic of Equestria, any of the ponies born remain at the level of animals.
3) No magic, unable to talk, but fully conscious and aware. Unable to express themselves, or make themselves understood.
4) No pregnancy in our world makes it to full term, or if it does the foal doesn't survive.

Despite the above, the vet keeps trying...

The big question is, what happens when the ponies/princesses find out about what's happening in our world and the ponies that are suffering/dying here...

I could see this as a "Canterlot Deportation Agency" story. Estee, any further thoughts on opening up that "universe"?

As a side note, English is horrible for gender non-specific pronouns...

I Am Not My Mark
Tags: Slice of Life? Sad? Dark? Comedy? Depends on how you want to handle it, I guess
Characters: Doctor Stable, Nurse Redheart, CMC

Most ponies are pretty happy with their cutie marks; and even if not perfectly content, they can finagle an interpretation of it that works with what they love (looking at you, Miss "three flowers = teaching" Cherilee).

But Equestria is huge. There must be some ponies out there who aren't happy and cannot reconcile their cutie marks with their dreams.

Basically, this would be a story about ponies who want to, or have, changed their cutie marks, and it would be treated like gender reassignment surgery is here.

Possible Details to mention:
Since Twilight finished Star Swirl's masterpiece, presumably this can be done easily now, with two willing & compatible ponies.

Before that though, maybe the only option available was tattooing. This would be purely cosmetic though, and not affect the pony's special talent or anything. For some ponies, that'd be enough. Maybe some ponies took it harder... (possibly dark tag?)

Would using make up to change the cutie mark be like cross-dressing?

Wait, why are the CMC mentioned up there?
Oh, like the Crusaders wouldn't jump at the chance to A) get a cutie mark, and B) pick it out themselves.

Of course, the doctors in charge of this sort of thing would turn them down, and may or may not go into a lecture about how doing this now would mess up their growth & development, stunting them as ponies, should only be gone into after several meetings with psychiatric professionals to evaluate how much they're committed to it, etc etc.

How about this idea.

TITLE: I have no clue. Make one up.

TAGS: Romance

CHARACTERS: Twilight Sparkle, and Flash Sentry. Maybe add in Spike or perhaps a couple of the Mane 6.

BASIC STORY: Flash Sentry quits his job as one of Cadence's job. Not knowing where else to go, he moves to PonyVille. Twilight finds out, and she still has a crush on him. She finds him and learns that Flash did not have too much of a romantic interest with her. After all, all they did together was bump in to eachother twice! Twilight, realizing that this Flash Sentry is not the one she met in the human world (well she knew that already, but she realized that they did not have the same "connection" as she had with the Flash from the human world. Hope you guys know what I mean.), so in order for them to be together, she would have to start from "square one".

TIPS: (This is a couple things I would do with the story. You don't need to use them)

I would write in third person, past tense. The focus character should be Twilight, so the reader can only read her thoughts. So Flash would explain to Twilight why he was in PonyVille in the train station or something.

--

Well that's all I got. If you use this idea then feel free to change any aspects or whatever of it. Thanks!

My biggest hang ups with something like this are...
A) Marks are pretty ambiguous in the first place
B) As the show presents it, a mark is found when somepony discovers that one thing that they really love and realize that it is what they want to do with the rest of their life.

The only way to reconcile this (by my mind) is that the pony in question has some trauma (physical or psychological) that either makes them incapable of doing it, or some social pressure that precludes it (be it family/friends/society at large). (Or you could go Etsee's route from 'Mark of Appeal' where it's not the mark, so much as how overpowering its effect.) But a pony being 'inherently' opposed to their mark isn't something that I could get behind.

3384516 that is a great idea

Not sure if anyone tried this idea...

Name: ???
Tags: Alternate Universe + Any
Characters: Mane 6
Type: Serial (It means that it rehashes normal MLP episodes to situation)

Description: Disastrous events often cause secondary events beyond bound of origin, time and space. When stars aided in Nightmare Moon's escape, two opposite universes become merged.

Extra Info V1: The universes in question are normal universe and R63 universe, and they are merged (means that no one can come back "home") and then romance, conflicts and other things get in way of normal flow of episodes.

Extra Info V2: Other possible combination is normal and reverse(the one in MLP comic) universes. Since it is merged, it attains more darker tone... Technology/Magic conflict and/or combination (optionally ends up dark/war or unusual technological advancements i.e. technomagic etc), opposites attempt to capture world and ruin every episode with their silly plans (may fail or not).

An idea of mine which, given my writing speed, will probably never happen:

Name: none as of yet.
Tags: Romance, perhaps comedy
Characters: Rainbow Dash, Applejack as main characters. Others may appear too but they're the focus.

Synopsis:
Applejack and Rainbow Dash as movie stars: one of the big Applewood studios is planning on turning a Daring Do novel into a movie, with the author's (Yearling, not Daring :P) blessing. The director or casting director is probably wandering through Ponyville for some reason, and see AJ and Dash in action - either doing their normal stuff, or a specific situation that would make them think they'd be perfect for the job. They tell both of them to audition.

Applejack requires a bit of convincing to participate, but goes anyway, and they both get the roles: Dash is cast as Daring Do, and who better to play Daring's Companion/antagonist/Frenemy, Blondie (yes, from What Would Daring Do?, than the existing green eyed Stetson wearing cowpony?

The movie's story suggests some romance between the two, which influences the pair off-set into something more as well. I was also thinking that AJ might struggle with her role, maybe over-hamming it some as she tries to 'act' (see her attempts in Spike At Your Service :rainbowlaugh: ). It almost gets to the point of her wanting to quit until Dash tells her to just 'act like yourself'. That does the trick, and AJ gets into her role with aplomb.

Other shenanigans would happen though, both off stage and on, either simple mishaps or stuff to do with the romantic aspect.

C'mon. I know one of you wants to do this. :rainbowwild::ajsmug:

I'm dumping a bunch of old ideas I had. If you decide to adopt a whole story, let me know. Maybe I can help.

Also check out totallynotabrony's totallynotastory!

1. Eight hooves to hold you
A spell goes wrong and somepony ends up with a few extra limbs. This could even be a superhero fic or a weird clopfic. Inspired by Eight Arms to Hold You, the original title of the Beatles movie Help!

2. Ponies Eat Meat
Through research, Twilight discovers a new source of protein. Eating prey animals would reduce the food supply for the big scary monsters in the Everfree Forest, thereby reducing their population. It's a new and unique taste. Ponies eat lots of things that aren't good for real horses, so perhaps their digestive systems are sturdy enough to handle anything
Fluttershy has been observed feeding fish to her animals and grimacing at the taste. Maybe Pinkie suggests cooking them would change the flavor. I can see a lot of hilarity in how to prepare the animals. "So...do we cut it open or what?"
In my headcanon, Applejack raises pigs to sell to griffon restaurants, so the ponies are reasonably comfortable with other species eating meat. I could maybe see chicken on the menu as well. Cows are sapient, so no beef.
Maybe Rainbow is interested in the protein aspect. Applejack and Fluttershy wonder what's so great about the animals they've been raising for others. Pinkie is already considering cocktail weiners. If the idea of meat takes off, Rarity wants to be at the cutting edge of trendy things.

3. Going Native
A pony and a human make a bet to try and live each others' lives. The catch is that it doesn't actually involve any body swapping.

3332672 Here's an idea up for grabs, but I'm not sure if this has been done before or not on this site.

The title is Equestrian Battles the Game

It's about this average everyday teenager named Riley who just wanted a little more excitement in his life.
He gets his wish when he goes to gamestop and purchases this un-named disc while buying other video games. He bought it out of mere curiosity.

When he puts int his computer, it takes him to an actual Equestria, and he's not happy about it. He becomes a unicorn stallion, meets the mane 6, and says that the games objective is to search and defeat all of the MLP villains that the mane 6 have already defeated in the past. Only this time, he along with other players have to defeat them. From Nightmare Moon to all the way to Tirek.

Luckily he meets other players along the way who help him in his quest to just get out of the game without dying. And once they defeat all of the villains, they all have to face the final boss, the mastermind and developer of the game who's not mentally well. The ending itself is pretty twisted, but i don't know if i want to give it away.

Its rated teen for adventure and romance, with a little comedy here and there.

So yeah, that's the idea

I've got one.
Tags: Dark, Adventure, Alternate Universe, Human.
Premise: After sealing Discord away, Celestia and Luna are the only two creatures capable of controlling the sun and the moon. The Unicorns used to know spells to do so and the rituals were always lead by a couple of ponies who's talent was raising the sun/moon to whom the other's lent their power. Now the only ponies with those talents are Celestia and Luna, and no one remembers the spells the old unicorns used anyway. Celestia and Luna use this to take over Equestria.

Cut to far in the future, not two long before the time the show starts. Introduce main character - Sunset Shimmer. Go into the rather distopian, totalitarian society Equestria has become.

One day Sunset Shimmer earns her cutie mark. Its a sun. No one has had a cutie mark related to controlling the sun and moon since Celestia and Luna took the throne. Or at least no one anyone has ever heard of/ read about.

Resistance group(goal is to return Equestria to its previous democratic government) tries to get their hooves on Susent. Celestia and Luna find out about her and send chief enforces after her. Cue Evil-Main Six. Sunset has some rather, unpleasant to say the least, experiences with them. Perhaps she is temporarily saved by the rebels, only to be captured by main six shortly there after.

Anyway she ends up in captured and imprisoned in Canterlot. She has a bad time there, (maybe even bad enough to warrant mature tag?), and is slated for execution for daring to defy the throne.

Shortly before her execution date she manages to escape and while running through the castle gets cornered near a mirror. She notices a stray spear/spellbolt/whatever go into the mirror and realizes its a way out of the castle. Sunset dives through the mirror, but is severely injured by one of the guards as she does, and arrives on the other side unconscious.

She later wakes up in 'Equestria Girls'ish universe. Confused reaction to being a hairless ape, etc. Becomes catatonically scared in presence of human versions of mane six and the princess and royal guardmembers and anyone else who was evil on her home world, thus providing a nice source of emotional drama..

The humans are all greatly confused by this, since the human world is pretty much show-Equestria in its niceness level.

Eventually she explains what happened to her.

And after that I'm not really sure how to continue the story after that. Perhaps at somepoint human-versions of to dark-equestria and fight pony counterparts? Principles Celestia and Luna show Princess how to be nice? Sunset makes friends, acquires Elements of Harmony and fixes things with the giant rainbow fix-it-laser?

I suppose the main premise is to have a reversed version of Sunset's story from the movie, where instead of coming to the human world and breaking things she comes there broken and gets fixed.

Tags: [Comedy], [Slice of Life]

Sunny Days has a pretty good life. She's got a group of dorky-but-lovable friends, a decent mid-level job at the Canterlot Weather Department, and she's thinking of asking out that cute barista who works at Coffee & Gramophones. There's just one problem: she's obviously Princess Celestia in disguise.

The evidence is indisputable: she's got a white coat, a light pink mane, and a Mark that doesn't look too much unlike the Princess's; and, as everypony knows, that's Celestia's favorite disguise.

She's isn't actually the Princess, of course, but for some reason she can't get anypony to believe her; at best, she can get an, "Oh, deep cover, eh? Don't worry, your secret's safe with me!" Her friends know she isn't the Princess, but they still tease her about it. (Although maybe they don't do anything massively illegal around her, because, well. Just in case.) There are some upsides (she never has to pay for drinks!), but mostly, she's just tired of the whole thing and wants to live a 'normal life'.

The story here would just be following her around for a day or two and seeing all the stuff that happens to her, as per the [SoL] tag. Alternatively, she'd probably work well as part of a wacky group of misfits, if someone out there is working on a 'wacky group of misfits' story and needs an additional misfit.

Got several ideas recently, so I'm dumping them here. Or most of them at least.

1.) The mane 6 meet Shêtân, better known as The Black Stallion.
A.) AU, Human
B.) In Equestria, or at Hopeful Farm?

2.) Earthquake hits Canterlot
A.) Title ideas:
a.) A Canterlot Tremor
b.) A Canterlot Earthquake
B.) Tags:
a.) Gore
b.) Dark, Random, Adventure, possible AU
C.) 7.7 on Richter scale, followed by fire.

3.) A Journey to the Center of the Earth
A.) Adventure, Human?, Anthro?, AU?
B.) I had better not have to outline this one... :facehoof:

4.) Cosmic Airburst over Ponyville, Canterlot, or Manehatten

Windi...gone? (Dark, Alternate) (sex possible; gore probable)
Many years ago, drawn by hatred and mistrust, windigoes blasted the land with cold, forcing the three tribes to each seek new lands. In the process, they were forced to overcome their hatred and reconcile. And that's how Equestria was made.

At least, that's how it was here.

In another version of reality, windigoes were exterminated long before... or perhaps they never existed. And it is in this world that (Twilight Sparkle/the Mane Six) find(s) (herself/themselves).

The differences are... chilling.

Info
So, of course, this implies that things are vastly different. Exactly how different is up to you and how you write the "normal" universe. I'm envisioning this alternate world being one in which ponies from different tribes are civil at best, at least in public. Friendships between them would be hidden, and romance almost unthinkable, lest both ponies be treated by their own as if they were the other. A mare having a child of another type would almost certainly mean death to mare and foal, possibly stallion, as well. But most ponies truly believe ill of the other tribes, no matter how necessary their skills are, so that situation is sort of rare.

Questions to Consider
1. Is Equestria still founded, albeit for different reasons?
2. Who still exists? Are, for example, the Cakes still there? Are they both pure earth ponies, or is any evidence of intertribal relations extremely well-hidden?
3. Will the local attitude start "leaking" to the Manes, or will it start changing in the face of these plucky young mares? (Or first one with some of them, then the other?)

I'm not familiar enough with The Six Million Dollar Man to do this justice.

Rainbow Dash, The Six Million Bit Mare! (Adventure, Crossover?) (teen, gore for severe injuries and surgery)

This story starts with the same old story about Rainbow being crippled while performing some act of heroism. She is alive, but they are forced to amputate much of her body.

While she lies unconscious in the hospital, Twilight contacts a team of magical researchers she's been corresponding with. Working together, with the crown's resources behind them, they finalize the design of bionic replacements while Rainbow lies in a coma. (I think I would keep it at the show's level of replacement. e.g. she would otherwise be blind, wingless, and with only a single pair of legs. Going farther stretches my suspension of disbelief at her survival.) When she awakes, they make the offer to her, and after agonizing for a while, she accepts. (Another threat to suspension of disbelief is the question of why they aren't doing this for everyone. One response I came up with is that the implants are powered by the pony's own magic and it takes somepony exceptional like Rainbow to make them work.)

Some potential plot threads for the body of the story:
This could be made into more of a crossover by making face similar threats as Steve Austin did in the show.
Are bionics cheating in competition?
Is Rainbow still an athlete?
What does this mean for her future in the Wonderbolts?

Dash, M.D.

Crossover with House, M.D.

[Dark (maybe), Slice of Life, Crossover, Alternate Universe]

In Read it and Weep, Rainbow Dash was diagnosed with a broken wing. But the doctors were wrong. The broken wing caused a blood clot, which eventually led to muscle death, and the doctors were too late to save her wing. In the end, she lost the ability to use her right wing, leaving her unable to fly. Obviously devastated.

Fast forward ten years. Other than the Wonderbolts episodes, many things stayed the same. Twilight became a princess, Discord was reformed, Tirek, Queen Chrysalis, etc. However, Rainbow Dash, in a flash of inspiration, decided to make sure what happened to her would never happen again. In less than five years, she went through medical school, and became a diagnostician at the Pranceton-Plainsboro hospital in Canterlot.

She becomes world famous, as the mare that never gives up, and is surprisingly good at doctoring. A natural intuition for how the body works, and a keen eye (in Testing, Testing, 1, 2, 3 she remembers and notices everything in the air. She can't fly, so now it's on 24/7) has led her to become the best doctor in in Canterlot history.

Of course, she's still an arrogant showoff, who is now also a misanthrope because of her dreams being crushed. So basically House.

I am unsure as to who Cuddy, Wilson, and the diagnostic team are going to be, either direct ponified versions or other minor and background characters. Wilson is probably Twilight or Pinkie. If there is a Dr. Foreman, make him a zebra (no rhymes). The others should be a mix of all species.

Cases will either be OCs, celebrity ponies (Prince Blueblood, Sapphire Shores, etc.) or old friends (Gilda, Spitfire, any other mane six, Big Mac, etc.)

If someone does do this, this story should deal with misery, the truth (Applejack maybe?), Loyalty, and pony drugs (snorting poison joke?).

It's got to be funny and serious, and certain subject matter should not be taken lightly.

Title: The Song Of A Twisted Heart
Characters: Chrysalis
Tags: Romance, Sad?

Description: Right before Chrysalis was defeated, she saw something she had never witnessed before. As Shining Armor and Cadence connected their horns, they showed true love.

Now, as a changeling, she has never felt love before. She only feeds on it.

And as she reflects on the past, she begins to realize just what this love is.

It was when Shinning Armor smiled at her the moment she returned home, even if he had a bad day. It was when he said thank you for even the smallest of things, showing his appreciation.

It was the things you did for each other.

And Chrysalis begins to realize she did things like that to. And she had felt surprisingly happy with him, eating at a fancy restaurant or just watching the TV with one another. She had felt so... warm inside.

Was that love? Had she loved him back, had she had a taste of this whole true love thing?

Title TBD

So all the musically inclined pones in Equestria are involved in a secret war relating to the song that ends the universe. It's said to be the most beautiful song and one side has decided to keep it from being played, while the other that wants to play it.

It can be linked to some ancient Equestrian happenstance but the gist is that there's a song that if played is said to just end everything. A lot of disparate thoughts are running in my mind about where it could go, but I unfortunately don't have the wherewithal to write it, much less do so to a satisfactory completion.

I would love to see this (and many a whole crapload of the other ideas floating about in my head and ones that pop in everyday or so) to be written up.

Comment posted by Kichi deleted Oct 17th, 2014

I keep seeing "Twilight goes evil fics" But I wonder if maybe a fic about Celestia going bad, and Twilight coping with the change in her mentor.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 103