The Mailbox: Reloaded 86 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
JaketheGinger
Group Admin

Hi Rarity!

I hope my writing’s neat enough for ya. I know you don’t like scruffy scribbles, so I’m taking extra care when writing your letters. Which is good ‘cause it gives me more time to think about what I’m actually writing.

Aaaanyways, I hope you’ve figured out something to do for the summer. It’d be a crime if you just stayed in Ponyville all the time! Not that Ponyville’s bad, I love it ‘n’ all, but summer is the chance to try new things, y’know?

Well if you’re still stuck, just say so and Auntie Pinkie here will be happy to help! I’ve just got a chock ton of ideas in my head that could help ya, or you can bounce ideas off me if you want. I’ll be your ideas trampoline, how does that sound?

Wait, I’m getting ahead of myself, aren’t I? Grr, I said to myself I wouldn’t. This writing thing is harder than it looks. I’m sure I’ll get the hang of it soon, it’s just that there isn’t anypony around to tell me to slow down.

Right, mooooving on! If I somehow can’t help you, though, you can help me! You know how I’m going to Manehattan for the culture parade, right? Thing is, I’m actually going a bit early. I wanna see if there’s a chance I can make my own float and join in. And as much as I can build super cool things sometimes, I could really use your advice. Having some of that Rare flair would really raise a hair! Or two, hehe.

Oh yeah! Speaking of Manehattan, how’s Coco? You’ve been keeping in touch, right? ‘Cause I could easily go in and check on her, if ya want me to. I didn’t get much of a chance to talk to her last time, but she seemed real nice.

I’m on the train right now, so I’ll be in Manehattan by the end of the day. If not earlier! Feels like fooooorever though. Train rides are boring without your friends. So hopefully I can meet some nice ponies on my trip. Seriously, you have no idea how long I’ve been saving up for this. Hotels are expensive. I just hope it’ll be worth it. It probably will be though.

Ooo! Food cart’s here! Okay, I’m gonna have to end this letter now, but you write back real soon, ‘kay? ‘Kay. Looking forward to it!

Your best buddy,
Pinkie

TheLastBrunnenG
Group Admin

Dear Pinkie,

Ah, Manehattan! I do miss it so. I admit I was somewhat disillusioned with the grand metropolis after that dreadful experience with Suri Polomare. I will speak no more of that abominable wretch lest I utter words unbecoming of a Lady. Perhaps the entire affair was for the best, though. Otherwise I may never have met that delightful Miss Pommel, and as you so frequently (and wisely, might I add) remind us, one can never have too many friends.

Speaking of friends, you have reminded me that I have been a dreadful one, which I am wont to do when distraction calls. I haven’t spoken to dear Coco in weeks, by letter or otherwise, and I feel simply awful about it. Celestia as my witness, the very moment I finish this letter, I shall write to Coco as well. I appreciate your mentioning her, Pinkie. Without such wonderful friends like you, how many of us would drift off into our own little worlds of work and duty and life? And as to your offer – yes, if you have time, do be a dear and check in on her, if you would. I would very much appreciate it as a personal favor.

I am at your disposal for decorating advice, though my experience with culture parades is rather limited. I’m not certain even cosmopolitan Manehattan is ready for haute coture parade floats. The fashion industry is a culture unto itself, if I am to be honest, and a rather vicious and insular one at that. “Squabbling and sniping and maneuvering against one another like a tea room packed with one too many feather-boa-bedecked and thoroughly starved Diamond Dogs” would not be an inapt image. Living in Ponyville insulates me from it somewhat, for which I am forever grateful.

Still, even a good Fashion Week backstabbing would be almost welcome at the moment. Things here are no more exciting than before, less so if possible. I hesitate to say this to you, for I know exactly what sort of fate-tempting in which I am about to engage, but I would welcome a surprise at this point – any surprise. Oh, what I would give for a good Rainbow-and-Pinkie prank right now! I would of course rant about my mussing my mane and how Ladies don’t engage in such tomfoolery, but only now when you’re all away do I realize how much those little surprises kept my life interesting, and in the best of ways.

Your letter opened with sage advice: “summer is the chance to try new things,” and perhaps the time has come for exactly that. I’ve been moaning about how I’m abandoned and trapped here in Ponyville, and here you and Fluttershy took the leap and made your own adventures. I have the bits and the time, and now I may just have the motivation.

Thank you, Pinkie. You’re a true darling.

Yours,

Rarity

JaketheGinger
Group Admin

OOC: Flour will burst out of the envelope as soon as it is opened.

Heya Rares,

Great to see that you’re gonna mail Coco! I visited her, and even though she was kinda weirded out at first, she opened up to me. She’s super nice. Reminds me of Fluttershy in a few ways, but in others she’s different. She really wants to improve her clothing skills and I think she feels a li’l lost without you. I didn’t really know what advice to give her though, ‘cause I only know about crazy costumes and stuff. Not stuff that other ponies think is fashionable.

Don’t worry about my float though. I eventually did it! I made a musical float with all kinds of instruments, like the time I led those parasprites out of time. Except this time, my trumpets and stuff blew bubbles too! Everypony loved it, especially the kids, so my day was made right there. I think some of the ponies on the other floats were a bit jealous, buuuuut I didn’t care that much. Ponies were having fun so why did it matter?

All your talk about the fashion business just reminds me why I stay waaaaay clear from it. Apart from you and Coco, I don’t think many ponies are actually in it to make ponies look and feel good about themselves, which is what it should be about. For a lot of ponies, it just seems to be a popularity contest. And the best way to be popular is to be nice to everypony! Why doesn’t nopony get that?

Maybe you should give Coco a visit too, huh? That’d be something to do. Or go to Baltimare and look at all the nice boats! I’m there right now, by the by. I tried to get into a boat race, but they didn’t let me join, which sucked more than the barnacles on their ships. So I’m kinda just stuck here, wondering what to do. It’s a nice city though. Less crowded than Manehattan is. And the sun looks amazing on the horizon. It makes the sea all glittery and stuff!

So while I’m in my hotel room, thinking of stuff I could do, I’m just gonna list things you could do, okay? Great!

1. Make chocolate pudding.
2. Learn a martial art!
3. Go galloping in the woods.
4. Go camping with somepony.
5. Write some stories about things and stuff.
6. Make more chocolate pudding.
7. Designs some new dresses that are really out there.
8. Put on a play in Ponyville. (I dunno why, I just think you’d be a great director for some reason.)
9. Learn a new instrument!
10. Go on an epic adventure!

I saved the best for last.

Hope ya think of something,
Pinkie

P.S. It’s funny how you said you wanted a prank in your letter, huh?

TheLastBrunnenG
Group Admin

[Letter arrives on the back of a postcard, the front of which is stylized drawing of a lavish and complex tea ceremony.]

Dear Pinkie,

Epic adventure, you say? Why, I do believe I shall! I’m writing from the deck of a cruise ship overlooking Mareakech, Moroccolt. Had no idea where I would go – walked into the travel agent’s office, picked a brochure at random, and off I went. Haven’t felt so daring since I debuted my Summer in Zebrica line a month ahead of schedule! Everypony here is quite friendly, even for a tourist trap. The desserts too are delightful: crunchy honey-dipped dough concoctions, little almond-and-sugar pastries, and crispy chips paired with more dips than I can count. Doubt I can mail a box of them to you; instead I shall use my feminine wiles to secure the recipe. Perhaps a more delicious endeavor than sampling the deserts? I did write to Coco, and I feel refreshed for it. I believe I’ll pay the darling a visit when I return. Despite its randomness, your advice as always was sage – thank you.

Yours,
Rarity

P.S. Thank you for the flour. I mean that - messy, but a perfect slice of Ponyville. Just like you.

JaketheGinger
Group Admin

Rarity,

Suuuuuuper good to hear from you again! Sorry I didn’t reply sooner; things have just been craaaaaaaazay here in Appleloosa. But I’ll get to that later. It’s great that you’re going out into the world and doing exciting things! Sometimes a little bit of random is all ya need to kickstart something awesome! Make sure to try all the unique foods in Morrocolt and maybe even dive into a bit of the culture, huh? You’re already cultured, but imagine you with extra cultures! You would be stunning, I bet!

So yeah, as you probably can tell by now, I didn’t stick in Baltimare long. Fluttershy told me about these sailors she met once, and how they said really nice things to her and stuff, so I decided to see some sailors myself!

Except… well, I don’t think they were very nice sailors. Maybe Fluttershy’s just prettier than me though. She always gets noticed for that sorta thing. That’s good though! She needs all the confidence boosts she can get. I just gotta except that maybe I’m not as pretty as her.

Moooooooooooving on (yes, there are cows here), after a big fun pie war between the buffalos and the ponies here, I’m just chilling with my Apple folks. It’s pretty neat to be part of such a big family, y’know? Even if I’m distantly related and some of them might say I’m not. It’s cool though! I’ve always been super interested in the south. It’s always sunny, the views can be pretty impressive and there’s lots of cider! The looks on everypony’s faces when I beat them in drinking contests where priceless!

Tell me how your vacation goes, okay? I hope you have lotsa fun!

Hoedowning in the heat,

Pinkie

P.S. Glad you liked the prank! Was kinda worried you'd be grumpy, but looks like my risk paid off!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6