The Mailbox: Reloaded 86 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
TheLastBrunnenG
Group Admin

Dear Rainbow Dash,

I do hope this finds you well in Luna Pier, and your dear father as well. You speak so little of him, and of family in general, that I wondered if there was some ill will between you. Seeing you rush off so suddenly to join him certainly dispelled that notion, and I apologize for not asking of him further before this situation came up.

If you require anything at all, do please ask, Rainbow. I find myself with far too much time on my hooves and too little to do, and such a predicament could lead even a proper Lady into unfortunate straits if she allowed herself to stray. I don't suppose your father could use a new scarf, or perhaps a tastefully understated throw blanket?

Do keep in touch, Rainbow, as you’re able. I miss all of you so dearly. As much as I may complain about your occasional lack of couth and you not-so-occasional pranks (my swatch collection is off limits to you, filly, and to Pinkie too - I still haven’t gotten the hoofmarks off the ceiling), life has swiftly become too quiet, too simple to bear without you and the rest of our friends. Just yesterday I found myself staring at the sky from a bench in Ponyville Park, waiting for a chorus of songbirds to rise from the edge of the woods, or a rainbow to stitch between fading clouds. Some days I pray for peace and quiet and now, only days parted, I'm wishing just a bit that some new pony would wander into town to spark a "Welcome to Ponyville!" party, excess cider and noise complaints intact.

Oh dear me, I'm beginning to sound rather like you, aren't I? About to complain that without you five around, suddenly our little Ponyville is no longer quite as “cool” or “awesome”. How dreadful - I believe you may be contagious! Perhaps Nurse Redheart has a salve for that.

Don’t worry about Rarity - doubtless I'll manage to occupy myself somehow. Give my regards to your father, and do let me know how he's faring. Having only recently seen my own parents, and having left my beloved little protégé and sometime-nemesis Sweetie Belle with them for the summer, I know well how important family can be and how they can change one's priorities overnight.

Be well and take care, darling.

Yours,

Rarity

TheLastBrunnenG
Group Admin

[Letter arrives on the back of a postcard, the front of which is an aged, sepia-toned photo of a robed and turbaned Sultan and his court.]

Darling Rainbow,

Afraid hotel trashing will have to wait, unless you plan on flying solo to Moroccolt. Felt rash and impulsive, boarded a Mediterrhaynean cruise; no regrets so far. Invigorating! Warm coastal seas, dry desert days, cool whispering nights. Daresay you might enjoy it, dearth (new word for your calendar) of pegasi here. Unless it promises catastrophe, they tend to accept whatever weather blows in off the dunes as "the Sun’s will." How’s your father? Better thanks to your gentle bedside manner, I trust. Perhaps you should take him on vacation! Few months in a dry climate might do him wonders. Certain he'll be doing stunts alongside you in no time. Several years’ separation may have given Fluttershy an urge for reconciliation too. The darling combines a kind heart with sense for such things. Do try to relax, Rainbow – rage and my sock-drawer alcohol supply won’t help you or your father.

Yours,
Rarity

P.S. Haven’t forgotten the cape. Will see what I can do when I get a bit more settled.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5