Plan 9 From Equestria: 2 270 members · 2,121 stories
Comments ( 43 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 43

Thanks KaBar! Well those elitist writer jerks are right. Maybe I am a bad writer.

Meeester
Group Contributor

No one cares.

3520254 There's a great way to stop attracting negative attention, and I'll tell you a secret to it now. Ahem.

Stop looking for it.

What was this post supposed to do, may I ask? It has no purpose aside from lamenting "oh poor me" and "you guys all suck". I'm just wondering what the hell you thought would happen here, an apology? :unsuresweetie: I had no idea who you were a few hours ago, and I didn't care. Now, I know that you are one of those stuck up authors who just wants to whine and doesn't care about improving. At least, that's what you seem to be right now. Great first impression.

IMHO maybe you would be a better writer if you spent more time working on your writing then you did complaining in forum threads... :ajbemused:

Well I do send my stuff to an editor, which I did once I posted the first chapter of Flash Sentry. However even though Captain Equestria has been edited already. It still gets down votes up the butt. I still think my Captain Equestria story gets o much hate because it is the same title of Avenging Hobbits own Captain Equestria. Yet I have Scootaloo for mine and he uses Applejack.

I do see some irony here. Captain Equestria for me is based off of a bad TV movie version of Captain America. Which has been reviewed by Spoony. Flash Sentry is based off of the cult classic 1980 Flash Gordon film. So it is ironic both receive their uneven share of up votes and down votes.

EDIT: I don't even look to attract negative attention on purpose. It just sort of happens once readers start reading my stories. In fact I have been know to get at least to down votes without anyone reading the story first.

3520332 Honestly, I looked at the stories. I have no idea about those movies, I didn't read whatever other fic you are referencing, and I never bothered to research the source material. I still didn't like it, and it wasn't because of the story.

I think you might need to accept that you yourself need to start improving, meaning looking up and practicing better grammar, informing yourself about better writing habits, and improving your story mechanics. Maybe one or two stories are being hated because of the source material (I'm sure the one with Flash Sentry is), but the problem isn't just with the source, it's with you as a writer. You should be improving your writing instead of finding ways to blame the source material for your failures.

EDIT: You don't look to attract negative attention, eh? Then what the fuck was this thread post doing? Attracting positive attention? :ajbemused:

3520332 let's say that you are right and the reason your captain equestria story gets down votes is because it shares the name of another fic..(I'm not saying you are right, let is saying it)

WHY THE HELL WOULDN'T YOU JUST CHANGE THE DAMN NAME!

Since you obviously care about your story getting upvotes, this seems like a small sacrifice.

You're not the first to tell me that and you won't be the last I can assure you.

Should have quoted this in my previous post but whatever. It's not that I will change the name. It's just that I also want to do my Captain America MLP adaptation. You telling me to change the name of my story is like telling everyone who creates their own universe with a Spider Man MLP adaptation that they have to use a different name than Spider Colt. Yet all of those stories are set in their own universe. My Captain Equestria is in it's own universe. Which is why it has the EUP Chronicles title before it. Avenging Hobbits Captain Equestria is set in his Harmony's Warriors universe.

Basically I'm saying that I do suck and I have never told anyone that I have learning disabilities in writing. I was exempt from the writing portion of a state wide test in Ohio, that I had to pass in order to graduate high school. I was exempt from the math portion too.

3520737 Okay? I'm dyslexic and dysgraphic, I have ADD, and I could be exempt if I wished. My stories are pretty well accepted, one even has a reading. None of that matters, though.

You are still not getting the point. You yourself need to get better. Don't hide behind disabilities, concepts, or disliked ideas! Improve, don't force the blame off to circumstance or hindrance! If you suck, work hard, and get better. It doesn't matter what hinders you, that just means you have to work a bit harder. Trust me.

good now go away

FUCK YOU ASSHOLE!

Fine I'm out of here. I know where I'm not wanted.

EDIT: I'll just remove my stories later. why does everybody have to an asshole?

Dropbear
Group Contributor

Because watching users like you whinge over nothing is amusing, and it feeds the more sadistic of us without having to lift a finger in effort?

It's just horsewords brah, no need to get your jimmies rustled over it.

FicusCat
Group Contributor

Yeah yeah... Just keep going...

FicusCat
Group Contributor

ONOZ!

A couple of users out of the hundreds of thousands on this site don't like me, I must obey and flee with the tail between my leg, woe is me!

Seriously grow a pair dude, you shouldn't care this much about the opinion of a couple of users.

Here's a good idea of why you might be getting downvoted:

You chose the wrong Captain America to cross over. Why would you choose a terrible terrible movie when there's 50 like what 60+ years of material to adapt? Not to mention it's completely out of the userbase's knowledge I bet. The average Fimfic user probably only knows the new movies and the comics, unless Overrated Reviewer Nostalgia Critic did an episode on it.

Flash Gordon one was a good idea but you chose Flash Sentry. He has like five fans on here, tops. "Flash Sentry, Savior of Equestria" is just gonna net downvotes from the people who hate him based on title alone.

And now you're getting downvotes because you're blowing this out of porpoftion and acting like a brat, which is proven by the bitchy blog post calling out Distrance, which btw is totally mature.

I believe there's a old tech support saying: "The problem lies between the chair and the keyboard". That's what we have here.

I don't think it is the source material. Besides I swore to myself to make Captain Equestria even more logical than the movie I'm basing it off of. The entire first few minutes of the movie has Steve Rogers get into a car 'accident', when oil workers create a oil slick just to kill Steve for reasons unknown at the time. I removed the oil company wants super soldier serum to a actual company who works in military weapons.

EDIT: Besides the editor of my Captain Equestria story is always telling me to leave this site and post on FanFiction.Net for a while now. Saying there are a lot of jerks on this site. I just happen to agree with him.

Except for Flash Sentry no one has told me any flaws yet. Instead I just get down votes without the reader count going up. Especially once the story got approved.

And of course I should receive a reply from my friend after checking this thread. Of course the reply is no surprise at all.

Well, (name removed), I think these people are just assholes and are ganging up to give you grief. If that's the way that the people on fimfiction are going to behave, I think you should indeed quit using the site and just post stuff on ff.net. It would cause a lot less grief and hopefully someone will appreciate the effort you put in. That's my advice. I don't want you to end up getting terribly depressed again and bullied by a bunch of jumped-up elitist fanboys and their petty rules. So, just walk away before things get nasty, okay? Take care. Talk to you soon.

I wasn't talking about Captain Equestria. I was talking about Flash sentry: Savior of Equestria. Show me a comment that actually points out the flaws in THAT story. Captain Equestria has already been edited by my friend. Unless you want to seek out a second editor?

3522642 well that comment pictured points out what's wrong with Flash story too. It has the EXACT SAME PROBLEMS.

How would you know?

I already got Flash Sentry being edited. I just got to play the waiting game right now.

No it's actually the person who is editing my "Monster" story.

Well what did you think of the prologue? I thought it would be good to give Flash sentry some kind of origin story. BTW I just started watching the actual movie Flash Gordon. Don't know how I'm going to adapt actual elements from the movie into the story yet.

3523028 You haven't seen the movie? You're basing this off the crappy Sci-Fi original series? No wonder nobody likes your stories, you pick terrible sources.

3523028 I have a question. Why are you still here? I'm really not trying to be rude, but what do you hope to gain by continually rationalizing yourself to this group? You are just digging yourself a deeper and deeper hole by staying here and poking at a group that is already known for collecting bad fics. Are you trying to prove yourself to us? If you are, you happen to be doing the opposite. You keep on trying to justify yourself with the same points; ones that have already been countered, might I add. No further good is going to come from you whining here. Just drop it and go, it will be better for all of us. :trixieshiftleft:

The only reason “some anonymous jerk will down votes a story without even reading it.” doesn’t happen on FF.net is because nobody coded in a voting system. It’s nothing but a site to give people gold stars for barely managing to find their ass with both hands.

The only reason you receive positive reception on FF.net is because no other type of reception is allowed. You get to be a special little snowflake who can write like a demented monkey slamming its fists into a keyboards and still get nothing but praise.

You claim to have 13 years of writing experience, yet you fell apart upon visiting a website that has quality standards and users who consistently uphold them. (more or less)

No, people on this site just have standards.

I'm quite certain, that you're thinking about a different version of this site...

~Twi

Yeah, on FanFiction.net, the only kind of feedback you get is positive. The failure of so many, many people to understand this when they migrate to FimFic probably accounts for a good majority of the crappy stories here.

Majin Syeekoh
Group Contributor

3524199 We have...I'm sure there around here...ah! Here they are!

No Anthro or Human Foalcon

See? Standards!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 43