A New World, a New Way fan group 789 members · 88 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

This thread is for posing questions to the members of the cast of A New World, a New Way: The Rogue Legendary. Jason Turner, one of the main protagonists, will now introduce himself and get the ball rolling.

Jason: Hey, I'm Jason Turner, the only one to make it to Equestria and keep my human form. I have Glitterwings to thank for that. She's a Legendary anyone from outside my home region of Salintra's probably never heard of: the Guardian of Humanity, once known as Giganoth, but I nickname all my team members, so I call her Glitterwings!

Right now, we're trying to give every former human who wants their old body back that exact thing. If for some reason a former human is fine with staying a Pokémon, then we won't force them to change. But everyone who wants to be human again has a right to be what they want to be, so we're going to do it! For now, Glitterwings can only restore one human at a time, but once we've figured out a way to amplify her powers, we can start restoring humans on a mass scale!

The Silverdust family in the once nearly deserted town of Maresburg have taken us in, and they're willing to answer questions, too! Don't ask me how I know this, but the other Salintran Legendaries will take questions, too. Just don't tell them where we are, got it?

Oh, we recently got help with creating a way to make Glitterwings' powers more accessible! We're getting somewhere, alright, and it looks like our chances of winning are growing.

Current characters include:
Jason Turner (Champion of Salintra and Glitterwngs' trainer)
Jason's team:
Wanda
Flash
Eternia
Burst
Adorakill
Glitterwings
Audrey Turner (Jason's younger sister. Former Champion of Salintra)
Audrey's team:
Bontor
Unfezant
Steelix
Dratic
Champeon (Only mentioned here so far)
Terygot (Only mentioned here so far)
Nancy Baker (Jason's best friend and rival)
Nancy's Team:
Seqursine
Staraptor
Glittreon
Waspix
Bursane
Dilopit
Zeke Baker (Nancy's father)
Patricia Baker (Nancy's mother)
Arthur Turner (Jason and Audrey's father)
Bethany Turner (Jason and Audrey's mother)
Professor Maple (Salintra's regional professor)
Dusty Dune (Silverdust family patriarch)
Sunny Skies (Silverdust family matriarch)
(If other members of the Silverdust family have their names revealed in the fic or this thread, their names will be added)
Adam Boom (Salintra City Gym Leader and CEO of Vision Inc.)
Adam's team:
Chokking
Turran
Slicor
Huoril
Heather Nichols (Vision Inc.'s chief lab technician)
Bob Foreman (Vision Inc.'s chief designer)
Vanessa Taylor (Vision Inc.'s chief electrician)

Salintran Legendaries so far:
Cosmaraid
Donalyra
Voiral
Begitrox
Proicodra
Endikra

5068164 I would like to know about the other legendaries.

5068296 Okay then, Donny? Cosmo? Voiral? Could you get in here, please?

Donalyra: "Only Dad and Lord Arceus are allowed to call me 'Donny!' You take that back!"

Cosmaraid: "And don't call me Cosmo, either!"

Voiral: "Now, boys, just calm down. We have a guest."

Donalyra and Cosmaraid: "Yes, Dad."

Voiral: "Better. Now, where to begin? Well, these two are my sons, Donalyra, the Protection Comet Pokémon who was the Guardian of the Planet back on Earth, and Cosmaraid, the Protection Serpent Pokémon, who is the Guardian of Pokémon, making every single human who has been turned into a Pokémon now his responsibility. As for myself? I'm Voiral, the Continuum Pokémon. I serve both Dialga and Palkia as the keeper of the Time-Space Continuum. I patrol it to check for and correct anomalies. I also have a daughter, but she's being unreasonable right now, so I'd rather not talk about her at the moment unless you can tell me where she is?

Donalyra and Cosmaraid: "DAD! BACK ON TOPIC!"

Voiral: "Huh? Oh right, the three of us. Well, I'm a Time/Space-type."

Cosmaraid: "I'm an Atomic/Poison-type"

Donalyra: "And I'm an Ice/Space-type. I'm also the only Pokémon with the power to Freeze Ice-types! Well, unless the Ice-type uses Cryogenics, but Freezing yourself to recover all health and PP doesn't really count in my book."

Voiral: "That's nice Donny. Stop stoking your ego. Anyway, A long time ago, Arceus asked me to create three guardian Pokémon with Mew's help. So, with her help, I created my two sons—and my currently rebellious daughter who I still don't want to talk about. Unless you—"

Cosmaraid and Donalyra: "DAD!"

Voiral: "Oh, sorry. Yes, well, the three main forces of the world: the planet, the humans, and the Pokémon were placed under the protection of my three children. There are other Legendaries from Salintra. Quite a few, in fact, but they don't know about our situation, yet, and we'd rather keep them blissfully ignorant if we can. Especially the History Trio. They've been through enough already."

Cosmaraid: "Okay, Dad's stuck rambling, so the two of us will take over from here. Donalyra's older than me, but he's been having trouble adjusting to having a new planet to protect, especially since its natural forces are different than Earth's, and he has to get in tune with them first before he can really be any good at protecting our new home."

Donalyra: "Does anyone understand these freaking magic matrices? I can't tap into where Chaos and Harmony intersect! It's like it's encrypted!"

Cosmaraid: "Okay, ignore my brother for now, too. He's normally the wisest of the three of us—and by three, I mean him, myself and sis—but with this magic thing throwing him off, he's acting incredibly naïve. He's the oldest, yet I have to be the voice of reason, here! So yeah, about my role as Guardian of all Pokémon. Lord Arceus pretty much doubled my workload when he brought us here by turning so many humans into Pokémon. I can sort of understand why sis is rebelling: Lord Arceus basically outsourced her whole job to me, and for a Legendary, having your very purpose taken away from you like that must really hurt emotionally. That's why we're trying to find her. She may be causing us trouble, but maybe if I can get through to her, I can comfort her, and help her ask Lord Arceus for a new job to replace her old one."

Donalyra: "Well, I can't figure out that darned encryption, so I'll just help you out for now, brother. I'll probably have to ask a unicorn for help on that. Anyway, once everything is figured out, I'll be living in orbit for most of the time, protecting the planet from external threats and only descending to the surface when a great threat to the planet appears on the surface. Cosmaraid will most likely be returning to his way of doing things: ovseeing everything from high up, only coming down when he senses problems with the Pokémon that demand his attention. As for sis... We don't know what's going to happen to her. In case you didn't notice, we're really worried about her. It's pretty hard to talk about us without bringing her up, since the four of us are a family."

Voiral: "Boys? Are you done yet? We've gotta find your sister! And Donny! Figure out this 'magic' stuff so we can get cracking! Your planetary connection should help us find her with ease!"

Donalyra: "*sigh* Yes, Dad, I'll get on it."

Cosmaraid: "I wish I could chat more about us, but Dad looks like he's about to lose it. Gotta go."

How hard has it been on the history trio, anyway? I want to know!

5068558 *sigh*, I guess I'll let them tell the story themselves. Begitrox? Proicodra? Endikra? You're going to have to tell everyone your story, it seems.

*Three long, serpentine Pokémon fly into the room: a yellow one with a body that's naturally jagged like bolts of lightning, a red one coated in orange flames, and a blue one with fin-like ears , a long light blue ridge running along her back all the way from the back of her head to the tip of her tail, which has a triangular fin.*

Yellow one: "Uh, hi. I'm Begitrox, the Opening Pokémon and the older brother, the red one is the middle sister, Proicodra, the Modern Pokémon, and the blue one is the youngest sister, Endikra, the Closing Pokémon. Say hi, sisters."

Proicodra and Endikra: "Hi..."

Begitrox: "So, you want to know what happened to us? Well, it's not pretty, to say the least. And that's putting it very lightly."

Proicodra: "I guess I'll start, even though beginnings are usually Begitrox's thing. You know how pretty much every region just has to have some cruel group of humans calling themselves Team Insert-Unassuming-Term-Here? Well, Salintra was no exception. Team Verdure were nature nuts who were also very misanthropic. Or, they hated human advancements, at the very least."

Endikra: "I'll take it from here, sister. You look really peeved right now. Eh hem. Team Verdure wanted to reset the world by eliminating all human advancements, claiming that all technology was bad, even though their methods for getting rid of technology ironically involved the use of technology. They didn't care that some Pokémon absolutely needed human tech to survive. They said that such Pokémon would be better off extinct than having to rely on humanity for their survival."

Begitrox: "Okay, sisters, I'm feeling a little better now, so I can try this again. Let's see... As for how we fit into it? Well, Rebecca, the Boss of Team Verdure, sent three of her four regular admins to lead groups of grunts to capture the three of us, and tasked her fourth normal admin with setting up our prisons. Her two Elite Admins stalled for time to prevent Jason and Audrey Turner, as well as Nancy Baker, from preventing our capture. We tried to use our powers to protect ourselves, but the devices they uses sapped our energy, making it easy for them to capture us."

Proicodra: "Brother, your eye is twitching, take some time to cool down. Now, where were we? Ah yes, our capture. While in captivity, we overheard their plans for us. They planned to drain our powers over manipulating history so we can keep things stable, and use the energy to ensnare and control Lady Giganoth while she would be in the middle of a fit of rage, forcing her to use the one power of hers she'd never use willingly. Well, at least not on a global scale: the power to vaporize all technology."

Endikra: "Sis, take another break, please. Anyway, Jason, his sister and his rival managed to free us, but not until after Rebecca's goons had drained our powers, leaving us worthless as Legendaries. Our whole purpose had been stolen from us by a woman who hated her entire race. She awakened Lady Giganoth, tried to control her, but Jason Turner showed up to stop her. She sent her two Elite Admins to crush him and his team, but his sister and his rival showed up, making it three-on-two. Rebecca was forced to join the battle, and the three of them were defeated by Jason and his allies. jason then went on to calm lady Giganoth, but the only way he was able to do it was through capturing her."

Begitrox: "Normally, I'm one for starting things, not finishing them, but I think I can draw this to a close. Rebecca tried to use the machine that held our stolen powers to unleash our energies over the world in a last-ditch effort to reset everything, but jason immediately battled her, with lady Giganoth, or as he calls her, 'Glitterwings', leading the charge. She was defeated again, then jason destroyed the machine, returning our powers to us. So, that's what we've been through. For a while, we found ourselves stripped of our purpose by a human woman. We had been reduced to ordinary Pokémon until Jason stopped her."

Okay you three, you can go now. I know this is a really touchy subject for all of you.

Do people with a history like abby and her pokemon from "A New World, a New Ranger" exist in this reality? If they do jason's philosophy isn't as true as he makes it out to be.

5069405 Apologies, but I haven't actually read that one. Could you explain a little, first?

5069405 Okay, I did some research, and I'll try to answer your question, but I might end up taking it the wrong way entirely. Please forgive me for that if I do.

Jason? Glitterwings? Could you two explain your philosophy on human/Pokémon intimacy and stuff?

Jason: "Why me?"

Glitterwings: "You're the one who pieced together such a complicated philosophy, so—"

Jason: "Nuh-uh. You have firsthand experience with human/Pokémon intimacy! I only learned about it from you a couple days ago!"

Glitterwings: "*sigh* Fine. Okay, a very long time ago, humans and Pokémon were allowed to go beyond being friends and actually become intimate with each other, including marriage. I actually am the only Legendary to have experienced it firsthand, for I actually fell in love with a human man. His name was Emmet, and he meant everything to me. He felt the same for me, in fact. So we got married, and certain things I'd rather not tell Jason about happened."

Jason: "Wait, what do you mean?"

Jason, leave the room. I'll tell you when you can come back in.

Jason: "But—"

OUT!

Jason: "Fine..."

Glitterwings: "Thank you. Now, as I was saying, Emmet and I actually had half-human, half-Pokémon offspring. Well, one, anyway. Our daughter. She married a human man, and her bloodline eventually got diluted enough where the only remnants of my blood left was that occasionally, some of her descendants get Emmet's gift of understanding Pokémon. I don't know if this is the case or not, but it's possible that my trainer is my own descendant."

Jason, you can come back in now.

Jason: "Finally! Now, I'll take it from here, for I'm going to address the issue of Pokéballs. I know the regular Pokéball is quite inhumane, making it almost like a prison. But, that's in other regions. All of my Pokéballs were manufactured by Vision Inc., in my home region of Salintra. Vision Inc. Is a very old company that broke away from the original mass producers of Pokéballs, determined to make more humane devices for catching, training and battling Pokémon. Actually, how about we let the man himself explain this? Hey Adam? Could you help out for a bit?"

Adam: "Oh, hi there. I'm Adam Boom, President and CEO of Vision Inc., as well as the Salintra City gym leader. Vison Inc.'s ultimate goal was the perfectly humane Pokéball, which took many steps to make. First, we developed the EDH System, or, "Emulated Desired Habitat" System, which creates an internal habitat for the Pokémon inside the Ball to meet their wants and desires.

"Next, we developed the IFR Mechanism, or "Internal Forced Release" Mechanism. If the Pokémon wants out of their Ball, they can actually utilize this mechanism, which is kept in plain sight and easily accessible, to open the Ball from the inside, even without the Trainer's consent. This makes it easier for abused Pokémon to escape brutal Trainers. In fact, if the Ball is destroyed by any Pokémon move, it sends a signal to the authorities, who then are dispatched to detain the trainer until either evidence is provided to vouch for the character of the trainer, proving they weren't abusive, or until an allotted amount of time has passed, in which case a court hearing will be held, and if the trainer is found guilty of abusing Pokémon, their Pokémon are confiscated and put up for adoption, their Trainer Card is revoked, and they are sentenced to prison.

"Also, Salintra actually has no laws on Pokémon/human unions and intimate relationships. None that directly protect them, and none that ban them. However, certain general anti-persecution laws will protect them. This is because such relationships rarely happen in Salintra. Or, at least, they're rarely made public. Our region has been a safe haven for trainers who want a stronger relationship with their Pokémon. The most likely reason why Jason had never heard of human/Pokémon unions until Glitterwings talked to him about them is because such things pretty much never make the news in our region. We have been forced to expel the Ranger Union's forces from our region on several occasions, though. If they are seeking a trainer to arrest them solely on accounts of 'Poképhillia', our own authorities will inform them that the Ranger Union has no power to enforce such laws in the Salintra region, for 'Poképhillia' isn't even a term in Salintran law at all."

Thank you, all of you. I hope this answers your question in some way or another.

5069808 That part of your reasoning is ok and I had no trouble with that but it is in the part of how pokemon act and the power of humans.
I am writing a explanation right now but it is bit long as I am covering abby and her pokemons past and lets just say the gore tag is there for a good reason.

5069915 Oh... Do you mean about how Pokémon truly love their trainers and a trainer has no power to prevent their escape? If that's the case, I think I know just who to talk to you about that, but I'll wait for your explanation.

5069681 So to begin with it focuses mostly on abby who is a ranger and a personal friend to Gene and Belle in the mane story. They are in som som of the later chapters in zeus story. But back to the point both abby and her team has basically been scarred for life of what they have experience.

To begin with, abby was a girl that had two parents who was top rangers that she looked up to and wanted to become just like them but one day (when her parents where out hunting for a criminal leder) the Ranger Union received a packed containing three pictures, one with a man in red mask and her parents beaten up, one where a Hydreigon had entered and one there it was eating them. The box also contains two ring fingers with the wedding rings still on. In greater detail read chapter 23.

To abby's pokemon, most of them become one of her team after her saving them from horrible place.

First Axle (a haxorus) was train to show no mercy, she found him in a underground fighting arena (like gladiators in a coliseum) where the pokemon fight to the death. From this he has a tendency to nearly kill his opponents if not kept in check by abby

Second is Rill (a shiny flygon) basically the same as axle without as much of the blood lust.

Third is Lex (a sylveon) was saved from a group of pokemon poachers.

and last Luke (a gallade) he was raised since he was a ralts as a sex slave (yes he) and had to serve the humans he was asked to. Because of this after he was save he have always been afraid of others except abby and don't allow anyone to even touch him. You can even read about his mental breakdown in zeus story there mewtwo invades his mind witch he consider his only safe place.

There you have it. So back to the original question.

Do people with a history like abby and her pokemon from "A New World, a New Ranger" exist in this reality?

5069976 Okay, well, since Salintra's Pokémon studies also includes many fields of morality concerning human/Pokémon interaction, I have the perfect person-turned Pokémon to explain this. Professor?

Professor Maple: "Well, yes. Such people do exist. Such horrible things do happen. Luckily, my region hasn't seen very much of it because most of us are nice people. However, Human/Pokémon Interaction Morality studies includes such horrid subjects, so though it pains me to address such an issue, I will do so.

"Such cases are all kinds of illegal, first of all, and they go against the whole philosophy that makes the system of Human/Pokémon interaction work. Of course, every society has its share of degenerates, and the people who caused such horrible things to occur aren't abiding by the philosophical structure that makes the system work. Instead of forming relationships of trust, friendship, and yes, even love, between Trainer and Pokémon, these horrible inhuman monsters destroy the whole grand dream by making Pokémon fear them instead of love them. They condition them to either fear or hate, and it is wrong in so many ways. But when it comes to your average new Trainer, ranging from eight to fifteen years of age, they don't have the power to do such a thing unless their parents were complete idiots and gave them a weapon so they could negatively condition their Pokémon. The idea of one against many only applies if the 'many' have been conditioned to reinforce their Trainer's abusive actions by being abusive themselves. And as for Pokémon that have been molded into heartless machines of destruction, that is through years of conditioning and abuse. In their natural state, Pokémon will seek out a Trainer and battle the Trainer to see if the Trainer is good enough for them. If the Trainer manages to catch them, then the Trainer is considered skilled enough to train them to become stronger than they'd ever become without a Trainer. If the Trainer fails to catch them, the Trainer is seen as incompetent by the wild Pokémon, who then looks elsewhere for a competent Trainer.

"In general, the Trainers who are inhuman monsters are adults. The rare exception being those who were already conditioned themselves by whoever raised them. So, even in the case of an abusive child Trainer, an adult was most likely involved. And as for the adults who do this, most of them weren't Trainers while growing up, so they didn't experience the joy of bonding with their Pokémon when they were at the best point in life to experience it. For young Trainers not only mold their Pokémon into dear, cherished friends, but the Pokémon also mold their Trainer into a good human being who will look out for them as a good member of society.

"As for the adults who do these horrible things, they've most likely never had a Pokémon friend while they were in the most malleable portion of their life, so they often have a superiority complex due to never having learned that Pokémon are just as sapient as any human. So these foul people treat them like dirt, objects, or dumb animals, performing horrible acts like what you have mentioned.

"So, yes, people of that sort do exist, but the philosophy still holds, for a philosophy is a set of beliefs. And though a set of beliefs can create a functioning societal system, there will always be those who one way or another don't agree with the philosophy that makes the system work, and will thus work against it. It's not that the philosophy isn't well-founded or unreasonable, it's more accurate to say that those who fight against the philosophy and commit horrible acts such as the ones you mentioned are a menace to society and are the exception, not the rule. The majority follow the philosophy, whether they realize it or not. In rare cases, some people may forget the philosophy, as what happened with Giovanni of Team Rocket, but such cases are extremely rare, thus making it very hard to properly study what causes a choice few to lose their moral bearings they learned from their team as a young Trainer.

"But with none of the degenerates having been brought along, it is possible that through proper upbringing, there will never be more who oppose the philosophy, for there will be none to teach them to oppose it, just as long as humans and Pokémon continue to bond while each human is at the best age for it: between the ages of eight and fifteen. If we succeed in restoring humanity, we can then prove to Arceus that we've learned our lesson and put such a system in place to ensure that every young human between eight and fifteen is exposed to Pokémon who they can bond with, thus helping them grow and remain good people."

Thank you, Professor.

So, Audrey! I was wondering, what are your two other Pokémon? Are they Salintra native, or from other regions?

5070084 Thank you and you are absolutely right in what you say. Arceus decision was a hasty one and could have been handled much better and (4th wall breaking incoming) he admits it himself. But his decision wasn't ALL bad he may have made most of the people and pokemon from earth, lifes worse or more difficult, but for some he has given those people and pokemon a life they could never have on earth. Nothing is black and white (except zekrom and reshiram) and right or wrong. It was just the way jason made it sound like he knew exactly how the world works and that he was 100% correct and arceus decision was 100% wrong that made me question what he said.

5070257 Jason: "Oh, I'm sorry if I made it sound that way. In truth, Glitterwings and I believe that everyone should be allowed to be what they want to be. If a former human wants to go back to being human, we believe they have the right to have that wish granted. And as I said before, if, for any reason, a transformed human doesn't want to be human again, we'll gladly let them keep their new form.

"As for Arceus, I hope he had a good reason. Glitterwings and I haven't found out very much yet. But for the time being, we don't have a very high opinion of him. Especially Glitterwings. Arceus tried to take her from me, and she didn't want to leave me. So he pretty much left her with me on the world he decided to leave to rot. She's a bit mad about that. That, and once we arrived in Equestria, Glitterwings was really mad at Arceus for transforming all the humans, which made her job—the one he gave her—completely pointless. How do you think any other Legendary would feel to lose the whole reason for them being a Legendary? Like if if time became meaningless, putting Dialga out of a job? How do you think he'd feel? Not happy, that's for sure.

"So, if Arceus has a good reason, and we ever find out about it, maybe Glitterwings will forgive him. Maybe. I still have this sinking feeling that if he reveals his reason and we find out, she'll instead get even madder over his execution of it and challenge him to a battle, dragging me and the team into it all because I don't want to see her get hurt."

5070350 Totally understand that someone would be mad if they lost their meaning for existing in the first place. And the problems that now exist because of arceus decision are there and the only thing you can do is try to resolve those problems as peacefully as possible. And try to make everyone satisfied.

5070239 Audrey: "Oh! Those two are Champeon and Terygot! They're Salintra native. They're both boys, but that's normal for evolutions of of Eevee and for fossils. Champeon evolved from an Eevee with the help of a Heroic Headband, and Terygot is the evolved form of Zylonur, and I had him revived from a Stinger Fossil.

"Terygot's a Rock/Ghost-type, and he's a formerly-extinct ancient scorpion-like fish! Well, since he's a Ghost-type, I guess he still is kind of extinct, but I think you get the idea. He's pretty usual when it comes to his moves: stuff like Shadow Claw, X-Scissor and Aqua Tail... Wait! I almost forgot! He has this really strong signature move called "Super Claw"! He can't make the opponent faint with it, but it's a Rock move that hits sooo hard! And he knows Skill Change, too! With it, he can change his ability mid-battle between Water Absorb, Levitate, and Inner Light! Inner Light blocks Dark moves, by the way. He's so useful to have!

"As for Champeon, he's really cool! Unlike anything else that evolves from an Eevee, he can stand on his hind legs and use his front legs as arms when he fights! Well, for a few minutes at a time, anyway. But that's where his Firm Footing ability comes from! Firm Footing is an ability that prevent his stats from dropping as a result of his own moves, though opponents can still reduce his stats. But it means he can use Close Combat over and over again without becoming frail! His Power Fang is a nice backup Fighting move, but we usually stick to Close Combat because it hits hard and he never gets weaker from using it!

5070386 Jason: "Well, we're going to try. I just hope Glitterwings doesn't lose it and try to rip him to pieces. She's already threatened to use one of my Master Balls on him to teach him humility, and though I scolded her and told her to never use my Pokéballs as weapons, she didn't actually promise not to. She only said she'd 'try'. I really hope she doesn't do anything rash."

So Adam, how hard was it to develop the perfectly humane Pokéball? For example, how long did it take to develop?

5071458 Adam: "Oh my word. It took forever. Vision Inc. has been around for a very long time, but we only really managed to start making progress on our ultimate goal under the previous CEO, Kelly Blanc. She and her chief employees put together the plans to make the features that we had only dreamed of for so long into a technological reality. I was actually present at that meeting, but I was just her secretary back then. We even had a Pokémon present for the meeting: a Metagross. With its incredible thinking capacity, they were able to give it suggestions, and it ran through the possible ways to make them real, and once the meeting was completed, they had developed plans for one hundred different subsystems that would make the Ball work perfectly if they could all be assembled together.

"It took years to even finish the prototype for the first component for the EDH system, but the look on Mrs. Blanc's face was unforgettable as she watched the scanning system fully obtain the wants and desires from the mind of the Pokémon we were testing it on: a very willing and eager Porygon.

"However, Mrs. Blanc retired after only two more subsystems were completed, but I had worked my way up the corporate ladder to be her right-hand man, so she made me her successor when she left the company, leaving the centuries-old dream in my hands.

"It was a heavy responsibility, I can tell you. But with help from more minds, both human and Pokémon alike, we were able to finish the EDH system, and test the first prototype on a Pikachu. The Pikachu looked very upset about the Pokéball at first, but as we watched through a webcam that was set up inside the Ball, the subject's eyes lit up with delight as the habitat formed around her. We hadn't expected a Pikachu to want to live in an arcade, but that's what the habitat turned into: a massive arcade with arcade cabinets and pinball machines perfectly-sized for the subject. She actually was very unhappy when we took her out. An Alakazam told us that she was mad because we pulled her out right before she could beat the world high score in Tetris.

"Then came the IFR mechanism. We obtained more funding through sales of the "Habitat Pokéball", though we hadn't made plans for a factory outside our region, yet. Anyway, we used that funding to piece together the IFR mechanism, which had many failed attempts, some of the Balls even exploded when triggered, so all test subjects had to be Ghost-types, just to be safe. But eventually, we pulled it off. The five hundred thrity-first attempt resulted in the Gengar in the Ball managing to open it from the inside without the Ball disintegrating, exploding or breaking. The cheers that resounded through the labs were deafening.

"And then came the Abuse Alert system. While tricky, it was far from as difficult as the other two main components. And we easily managed to get law enforcement to cooperate with us for the testing. After only a few days, the alert system became a success, and the 100% Perfectly Humane Pokéball was complete. The Salintra Pokémon League Council quickly approved of our Pokéballs, and even passed a law demanding that all Pokéballs sold in Salintra have the same features. We were actually preparing to build a factory in Kanto when Arceus did... You know. Well, it was very nice chatting with you!"

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20