Author Promotion and Assistance Group 98 members · 860 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Dusk Cloud
Group Admin

This group wasn't just formed for people to place stories in folders and hope for recognition, but for authors to aid other authors, while shining the spotlight on stories and giving them recognition. That doesn't happen by just placing stories in the groups thinking "Boy I sure hope people read these because I'm a writer with an idea." In order for the core concept of this group to work, the stories have to be read.

For this to work, it will have to be a community effort. Reviews have to occur, as they bring both creative criticism and recognition. Here is how this is going to work.

Group Member A will pick a story in the folders written by group member B. He/she will read the story and post a review in the comments. Because group member B will be so grateful, he will have to read a story by Group member A and give a review.

The reviews should be in depth and helpful. No one-two word sentences. It should look something like this, but are not limited to:

Grammar/Spelling (X/10)
There were spelling errors were in a few sentences, a few mistakes were found here, etc....

Plot (X/10)
The plot was outstanding because reasons, or it feels rushed and poorly explained because. You should try using this or that to fix it.

Characters (X/10)
Characters are well put together, or they're dry, or they are interesting because reasons, but they feel forced and out of character because reasons.

Overall I give it a X/10 because of this and that.

Understand? The reviews will NOT be a way to bad mouth or be a jerk to other authors. If it is found you aren't being respectful, you will be warned. If you are still acting disrespectful, you will be removed and banned.

In the event an author gives a review, but doesn't receive one within a week, send the author you reviewed a message kindly reminding them of their responsibility AND send me a message stating what is happening. If they do not respond or review within another few days, send me a PM and I'll remind them. If they still don't give the author a review, well *Taps hammer on the hilt* they will be banned.

Happy Reading,
Dusk Cloud

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1