Author Promotion and Assistance Group 98 members · 860 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Dusk Cloud
Group Admin

Alright Ladies and Gentlecolts, let's get to know each other a bit. My name is Dusk Cloud and I enjoy writing very much. I've pledged my life to the beautiful Princess Luna and work as one of her secret operatives against the evil Celestia. Currently, I'm PROcrastinating through college and enjoying the finer things in life, like video games and anime.

Currently, I'm in the process of writing an all OC fiction titled Secrets in Shadow. It is a reboot and far better version of my old Conspiracy: Off the Record and I hope you guys enjoy it once it is posted:pinkiehappy:

I started this group in the hopes of adding a new group that helps promote stories, considering a lot of them are full of thousands other bronies with millions other fics, which makes it hard for newer, less experienced authors to get the help they need, and veteran authors that haven't had their time in the spotlight. I hope through this slowly growing group we can promote a creative and safe environment for all that wish to enter into my service as slaves, bring themselves in this small community.

About me:
You've probably seen me around fimfiction forums, where I'm very active. If not, you can check out Intriguing quotes that I made on Fimfiction.

I'm a very open person. I have an Ask Me Anything thread where you can pose any question you can think of, and I will answer it.

About my writing:
I write beige (dry) prose without any fillers. Never using words for their own sake, I describe only what's important to the story. Describing scenery is not something I aim for, instead, I use words as a tool to portray ideas and principles. In other words, If you hate purple prose, you're my kind of reader.

My themes are humorous and dark. I use writing to explore new horizons. My goal is to describe something unique, new and profound.

This tool told me that I write like: J. R. R. Tolkien, James Joyce, Neil Gaiman and Ian Fleming.

As can be seen on my profile page, I have 6 complete stories and 4 more nearing completion. I have about 130k of written material, but only 3521 words of that that are published. The rest of it still waits for editing. I keep all my writing public in my Google Docs, so that anypony can follow and influence my stories from the idea phase to completion. I do this because I appreciate all the feedback and learn immensely from it. It keeps me only slightly misplaced instead of irredeemably lost.

I don't have a dedicated editor. Instead I let anypony edit my stories. I'm always glad to see people Drop on my docs and leave a comment.

I am a castaway floating in the deep ocean in a desperate struggle to stay afloat. I am a wanderer in a vast desert with little to keep me alive but a few drops of water a day. I grasp for things as one grasps at the wind. I reach for that which is unobtainable. I am nobody. But I will not remain that way for long.

Right now I really have only one story I am working on which is what is keeping me going. Anyone looking at my profile will find two other but they are more or less failures. One of which is the first story I wrote here and I intend to at least finish it one day. I have some other ideas in the works that I hope will make up for these failings. Everything I write, I write alone. It's just how I prefer to do things. Instead of having an editor, I scrutinize each chapter myself before I post it to ensure perfection.

I don't read a lot of stories on the site, mostly because I don't see a lot that peeks my interest or I don't give myself time to read. Either I am at work, dealing with daily life, or writing on my own stories. I do not write very quickly and the stories I have in the works are turning out longer than originally intended, so do not expect a new story every week. I try to let the way I feel influence the story, letting the thoughts flow and build into an emotional tale.

I hope you check out what I have so far and stick around for what I have in mind.

Well, I'm just an average 23-years-old guy from Poland, who's interested in science and historical planes (especially WWII ones). Unsurprisingly, the fic I put the most effort to is an AU, dark warfic, heavily influenced by dieselpunk/magitek.

I write in many genres, though I feel most comfortable in dark adventure stories and innuendo-driven comedies. I apparently suffer from Magnum Opus Dissonance, as my most popular story is a short romance fic.

I already wrote a long blog post about my writing style.

Hello, I'm Fantasia Archsage and I like writing very much, maybe too much it gets sickening... I usually write for multiple sites, but as for right now I only for this site. I only write to give everyone that reads a great time and to be perhaps an author you go to for great adventure stories.

I do reviews and draw. Although, I've been slacking quite a bit. :ajsleepy:

I hope to one day be admired by all on this site through my conversations and stories that I put my all into. You could go on my page to find my tumblr, twitter, google plus, and other accounts. Hope to chat with you all.

My name is HudsonHawk. I am a brony, Whovian, MSTie, minor Trekkie, and film geek. I usually describe myself as the nerd for all seasons.

I joined a few weeks ago and wrote for the first time in a while. It felt great, and I hope to write more.

Enough about me... Tell me all about you. :raritywink:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6